• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency Tracker

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sad to see Carlson or Gallery go... Although if we let Gallery go sooner we could have gone after Grubbs or Nicks. Mario goot almost $100 million. I'm thinking we could move carpenter to LG and possibly go after a tackle in the draft or FA.

Well at least my DeCastro pick makes sense now :p

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think we "lost out" on Mario Williams. From what I understand, we were not even interested. It was more the media hyping it up than true interest from the Seahawks. If Mario Williams is THAT good, Houston would 1) not have converted to a 3-4 and 2) found a way to have kept him. I'm not saying he is bad by any means, just that I personally am glad we did not shell out $100 million for him.

I want details on Flynn's visit!

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well Flynn is going to the Dolphins so either we couldn't close the deal or he's waiting and working it until Manning signs , I'm guessing he's going to wait he becomes far more valuable after Manning is off the board .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Read this article, this what the packers and Mike McCarthy think of Flynn...
If seahawks let him leave w/o offering a substantial money deal (6-10M/yr) I am really going to be scratchin my head.

"Matt's had a chance to play versus New England, versus Detroit," coach Mike McCarthy said. "But based on what I see in the everyday classroom, practice field, he's ready. It's his time to play.
"And you don't ever know. You don't ever know if a backup quarterback can take that next step and go out and play 16 games. I know mentally he's ready, emotionally he's definitely ready, but until you play the position and go play those 1,100, 1,200 snaps, that's when you really find out."

Full article: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/flynns-departure-shakes-up-position-3q4gjtl-142864355.html

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the 'Hawks are thinking, and rightfully so, "Why would I pay this guy more than I would now have to pay the first overall pick in the draft? Really, he is about as unproven as they are."

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Were talking Ryan Tannehill vs. Flynn, and I would disagree, Flynn has played well under live fire, when it counted, and is groomed under a great coach and QB for 4 years. Like McCarthy said "he is ready". And please ppl dont come with Kolb comparisons, I was never sold on Kolb as he didnt have the toughness or presense that Flynn does.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Were talking Ryan Tannehill vs. Flynn, and I would disagree, Flynn has played well under live fire, when it counted, and is groomed under a great coach and QB for 4 years. Like McCarthy said "he is ready". And please ppl dont come with Kolb comparisons, I was never sold on Kolb as he didnt have the toughness or presense that Flynn does.

I was not talking about Tannehill. I said the first overall pick. I am talking Andrew Luck. Why would we pay more for Matt Flynn than Indy is going to pay for Andrew Luck?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well Andy Reid gave Kolb a glowing report too so we have to make that comparison in all fairness I hope the Hawks made Flynn throw at least. I think TJ has a better arm and Flynn is more accurate. Tannehill has gotten some high praise , but I don't think we will be there at 12. Were talking Weeden, Cousins vs Flynn. Personally I hope we just get MH back and draft Moore to back him up !

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Right, well they are lucky SOB's to have that pick, and who wouldnt pay top dallor for luck or RG3, we dont have that luxury. You always pay a premium for a top FA, expecially at QB. But if you want Flynn and think he will start above TJack, then you should offer him good money, and have incentives for starting, and opt outs for not. 6-8M, maybe 10 is abit rich..

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Well Andy Reid gave Kolb a glowing report too so we have to make that comparison in all fairness I hope the Hawks made Flynn throw at least. I think TJ has a better arm and Flynn is more accurate. Tannehill has gotten some high praise , but I don't think we will be there at 12. Were talking Weeden, Cousins vs Flynn. Personally I hope we just get MH back and draft Moore to back him up !

Not the same, Kolb was a "trade" not a FA, so Andy Reid was drumming him up for a trade, it worked, Az way over paid, draft pick, and DR-C.
Not the same because Andy Reid is not M.M.
Not the same because Kolb was injury prone, did not put up near as good numbers, and generally has deer in the headlights look in the pocket.
Man I told you not to go there...

I would like Moore (7th rounder) TJ Bu, And Flynn as the starter.
Yeah baby!

Idahawk

Reaction score
Not the same, Kolb was a "trade" not a FA, so Andy Reid was drumming him up for a trade, it worked, Az way over paid, draft pick, and DR-C.
Not the same because Andy Reid is not M.M.
Not the same because Kolb was injury prone, did not put up near as good numbers, and generally has deer in the headlights look in the pocket.
Man I told you not to go there...

I would like Moore (7th rounder) TJ Bu, And Flynn as the starter.
Yeah baby!

And what is MM going to say ? Oh Flynn sucks we don't know what were doing ? LOL Of course he's going to say good things about him ????? If not just for professional courtesy. When do ever hear any former coach speak ill of another player ? You don't .. You don't hear the Bidwells saying Andy Reid screwed us , its buyer beware !

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I would be okay with $6 million plus incentives. TJack is getting $4 million and I think the mere hope that Flynn is better is worth the extra $2 million (hey, it isn't my money).

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
And what is MM going to say ? Oh Flynn sucks we don't know what were doing ? LOL Of course he's going to say good things about him ????? If not just for professional courtesy. When do ever hear any former coach speak ill of another player ? You don't .. You don't hear the Bidwells saying Andy Reid screwed us , its buyer beware !

Nah man, M.M. doesnt mince words much, and he kinda went on and on about it. Anyways the point is Flynn is still in seattle and I heard Maimi is low balling, I hope we are not doing the same.

Wheres 94 when we need a reallity check?

Leon tweets Micheal robinson was re-signed. I like it.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
How about 8M / yr with incetives and opt outs? And an understanding that Flynn would have to win the starting job in camp?? Since we are playing with O.P.Money...

Idahawk

Reaction score
94 would say "Hand Flynn a blank check." lol

You not joking , you would think he was the second coming of Joe Montana , I mean this is why I have an issue with Flynn. He doesn't deserve a fat contract but he will get one , not for anything he has done on the field but based on speculation and teams needs . To me if Flynn was long term starter material , then why isn't his former OC going all out for him , I mean PM is great but you would think that if Flynn was all that then Miami would view Flynn like Luck and drop PM like Indy and have a long term solution at the QB position ? I find that hard to understand . Maybe they feel Matt Moore is a better option if they don't land Manning ?

Reaction score
The Dolphins apparently made a "low-ball offer" to Flynn, I get why Flynn finds Miami attractive with his former OC and the weather and what not... But Now that Marshall is gone, who's he going to throw to? Reggie Bush is their biggest receiving threat. We have a much better offensive personnel, especially at the skill positions.

Reaction score
Nah man, M.M. doesnt mince words much, and he kinda went on and on about it. Anyways the point is Flynn is still in seattle and I heard Maimi is low balling, I hope we are not doing the same.

Wheres 94 when we need a reallity check?

Leon tweets Micheal robinson was re-signed. I like it.

So did he spend the night in Seattle??

Top Bottom