• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency Tracker

Reaction score
Like I said re-sign Red and Heater then worry about the other holes you have, boom goes the dynamite ,

Classic Green Bay style !!! I love it !

Id rather see Henne a second round pick up in here then a 7th round nobody that you would pay out the jang hole for

Right, cause no one else signs their corner stone FAs first, then pursues others. Only GB, and now Seattle.

And yes the round in which player is drafted always translates into how they'll do in the NFL. We may not have a lot of film on Flynn, but we've seen plenty on Henne. He sucks balls. If you really think I'm the only one that wants Flynn over Henne, maybe create one of your polls and we'll see who everyone on here prefers.

Reaction score
Bob, jk... your point makes sense. Hopefully this shitty weather clears up so we get some guys in here.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Right, cause no one else signs their corner stone FAs first, then pursues others. Only GB, and now Seattle.

And yes the round in which player is drafted always translates into how they'll do in the NFL. We may not have a lot of film on Flynn, but we've seen plenty on Henne. He sucks balls. If you really think I'm the only one that wants Flynn over Henne, maybe create one of your polls and we'll see who everyone on here prefers.

I only put the Green Bay comment in there so your panties would get in a bigger bunch then they already are LOL.

And I could really care less if the entire planet wants Flynn, I don't , so why not make a poll about how much I could care less about what you think of what I think . I know its a stretch from Hitler and Leroy smoking dope.

Reaction score
Bills are going to make a huge offer to Mario Williams, I wonder if we're going to make a push to sign him still now that Red is back.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If we do bring in and sign Henne, it will be to compete and likely back up T. Jack.
Thats what I meant by whats the point?

Flynn will be better then both, so lets get someone better that what we have!

Im really stoked that we signed our guys though, Red, and Lynch, now just bring back:

Hawethorne
Hill
Robinson

Reaction score
Sando: "the Seahawks were not among the teams linked to Mario Williams as the signing period opened."

Dang it!

Idahawk

Reaction score
Maybe we can use the highly innovative approach developed by GB, and address this need through the draft.

How many rings do they have in GB and how many do we have ? Its well documented that JS wants to mold this franchise after GB , I see little wrong in that since they win and we don't. So if you don't like the comparisons then your not in touch with where this team is heading.

Dam kids all want flash and bling and big time free agents and mouth grills .

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
- Vincent Jackson to Bucs

- Garcon and Josh Morgan to Redskins

- Marques Colston stays with Saints.

A lot of WRs scrambling on opening signing period.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
No doubt, and hawks should let the WR's go, the draft is rich and deep in WR this year.

If we dont go for Mario, there are still some pass rushers out there that we could and should go after.

Ideally we have 3-4 starting DE's in our line up to keep them fresh. We have 2 now...

Idahawk

Reaction score
We need a pass rusher still, Bryant doesn't provide that.

Sacks are nice for sure , but towards the end of the year you saw ET, and Sherman both bringing some heat in blitz packages, there are other ways to apply pressure . We did a great job at stopping big plays and allowing little yardage and to me that is a great way to start . It doesn't have to one position that you need to be a great sacking team its the team as whole being able to do it .

Reaction score
Ok, but it would be preferable if we could get pressure from the front four and leave ET and Sherman back in coverage.

Reaction score
Yes, GB has built its current team through the draft. Yes, it has helped them win a SB recently and they're still favorites to do it again imo. I never said its a bad approach. I think its a great approach. All I'm saying is it isn't some rare approach that only GB and a small handful of teams use. I would say it is probably the consensus best way to built a team.

I said that Schneider isn't doing it exactly like GB. For starters its a collaboration between he and Pete. Not the just the GM as the sole decision maker. Theyve shown that their approach is both building through the draft and also addressing needs through FA as evident by the signing of Rice, Zach Miller and Gallery last year. It's been documented that all the sports writers constantly bring up Schneiders roots to GB and expect him to do things like Ted Thompson. I don't recall Schneider coming out and saying "we're going to do it the GB way". Every just assumes that. Its a nice though because of GBs success. I just havent heard it out of the horses mouth.

Reaction score
BTW, I HATE posting on my phone. It's a bitch to edit/correct errors. Does anyone use the app for this and is it worth the couple $??

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ok, but it would be preferable if we could get pressure from the front four and leave ET and Sherman back in coverage.

I said sacks are nice , but its not the only way to bring pressure . Polamalu has certainly had his share of sacks and disruptive plays in his career and ET has said that he models his career after Troy and Reed , it doesn't have to be old school text book to work , I look at rings and teams that win and unless I'm wrong teams that are working out side the box win . You play the cards you have , right now we have alot of young talent that wants to hit , use them and add more guys that want to do the same, it works ! Adding a sack master is only one piece and if he fails then what ?

Reaction score
Steelers are also one of the best teams bringing pressure with their DE/OLBs. The likes of Harrison, Woodley and Kiesel demand extra attention and that let's guys like Troy come in untouched.

Having pressure from your D LINE and LBs is essential in being a consistent winner. Look at the last few SB winners: Giants, 3 great pass rushing ends. GB, even though the D had a down year, Matthews and Raji were monster rushing the QB in '10 when the won it all and the Steelers the year before that.

Top Bottom