• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency Tracker

Reaction score
I said sacks are nice , but its not the only way to bring pressure . Polamalu has certainly had his share of sacks and disruptive plays in his career and ET has said that he models his career after Troy and Reed , it doesn't have to be old school text book to work , I look at rings and teams that win and unless I'm wrong teams that are working out side the box win . You play the cards you have , right now we have alot of young talent that wants to hit , use them and add more guys that want to do the same, it works ! Adding a sack master is only one piece and if he fails then what ?

I'm not saying we shouldn't think outside the box, but you need to be able to bring consistent pressure. If you're depending on DBs to pressure the QB, that's going to make you vulnerable in coverage.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I was thinking, the media, and fans, are focusing on the "big splash" players. There are so many good free agents out there that are not going to get signed in the first, second, or third day. Maybe we done get Mario, and maybe Flynn isnt worth what Maimi might be willing to pay for him, but there are a ton of players that would be upgrades or add depth or competition on our team. We have alot of cap room but that will be eaten up quickly if sign one or two of those top teir "super stars".
Some times slow and steady wins the race....

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just hoping Denver signs peyton and then trades TEBOW to us for a 6th round pick a t.jack....

Oh wait. Was that out loud? LOL....

Reaction score
Slow and steady gets you two 7-9 seasons. I think Pete and John have done a tremendous job addressing every area but the QB position. I think this is a pivotal year for this regime. Almost all of the pieces are in place. I believe this team is a good QB and rush end away from being a consistent threat in the playoffs. If Pete and John think Flynn is the man, then they need to go after him hard. I'm not saying give him top 5 QB $, but more than backup money.

Something to consider; Philbin has first hand knowledge of Flynn and his abilities. If Miami is going after him hard, then perhaps we should too. If they're staying put, then maybe we should be cautious. Last I heard Flynn has offers from both Miami and Cleveland. So his former offensive coach and Mike Holmgren want the guy to play for their teams.... something to consider.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
The Cleveland thing was debunked. I heard Miami had interested in him, but they are not going after him "hard." It looks like the market for Flynn is not as hot as most would have anticipated.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Flynn shouldn't sign with anyone until after Manning does. Seattle may be trying to get him in here and give him a low ball offer and see if he bites , but if Manning signs with a team other than Miami then Flynn's stock goes up. Let them over pay for a 7th round pick . I just think there are better/cheaper options in the Draft.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Slow and steady gets you two 7-9 seasons. .

No, dont blow your wad in the first day of FA and have no money to do anything else.
This isnt monopoly one!
John and Pete have been effective at getting players from all avenues and deep in FA and the draft.
Flynn may be the guy and we could sign him, it will cost 8-12 Million off cap though, and if we were to get Mario too, then we have no more money. Then what?

Peyton will sign this week, Flynn will be outa seattle on friday, that will afford him time to shop if Maimi is in this.
We should make him an offer he cant refuse.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Why would you pay that type of money to a 7th round back up QB ? I don't understand what people are thinking , at best you give him Jackson or Whitehurst money and let him compete for the job , he doesn't deserve anything more then that .

After Tannehill goes we have about 100 QBs to choose from .

Reaction score
I wasn't saying it like its a bad thing. 7-9 after a 4-12 and 5-11 season is an improvement. They've done a great job of rebuilding this team. Now its time to take the next step. It's time to find our franchise QB. You're not going to win bringing in Charlie Whitehurst, TJack or Henne. All I'm saying.

If Flynn isn't the guy then I really don't know what our other option is. Outside of Luck and RG3, there aren't any franchise QBs in this draft imo. Flynn may have been a 7th round pick, but he's also been coached by McCarthy and backs up one of the best QBs in the league. We've only seen a small sample of what Flynn can do, but that sample was pretty spectacular. And he did it against NFL defenses not the PAC 12 or Big 12. He may not be as physically gifted as Luck or RG3 but he's def a good decision maker, and accurate. Just put on either NFL game or even college. He had a pretty solid senior season at LSU and put up almost 3000 yards on a team that mainly runs the ball.

Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Vikings reached agreement with former Seahawks tight end John Carslon on a five-year, $25 million deal.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
@AdamSchefter: Vikings reached agreement with former Seahawks tight end John Carslon on a five-year, $25 million deal.

As much as I liked him, that's a huge overpay for a relatively mediocre and injury prone TE, they could've used that money for Dallas Clark mannnn.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score

As much as I liked him, that's a huge overpay for a relatively mediocre and injury prone TE, they could've used that money for Dallas Clark mannnn.

Idahawk

Reaction score
He was great when he had someone to get him the ball , sadly he was often injured. Was he the last non PC/JS guy on the roster ? Tru- Carlson - Hill ?

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Why do people think Carlson was mediocre and injury prone? Aside from last year, he missed only one game the other 3 years. And I think he was above average until this year redefined what a TE is (Gronkowski, Hernandaz, Graham, etc.).

As for Flynn, this is a nice op ed piece from Sando:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post?id=60911

Looks like Idahawk does not have to worry about Seattle breaking the bank for Flynn. Although, I am sure I am not the only one thinking draft status, which generally indicative of success, is not a guarantee (Hasselbeck 6th, Brady 6th, Brees 2nd, Montana 3rd, etc.).

Top Bottom