• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency Tracker

Reaction score
I'm sure Miami looks pretty appealing to Matt Flynn since his former OC is now their head coach (Joe Philbin). On top of that, it sounds like Miami is going to go "balls out" and the Seahawks will likely offer him a contract similar to the ones Whitehurst and T-Jack received.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I'm sure Miami looks pretty appealing to Matt Flynn since his former OC is now their head coach (Joe Philbin). On top of that, it sounds like Miami is going to go "balls out" and the Seahawks will likely offer him a contract similar to the ones Whitehurst and T-Jack received.

And that's all he should get , he is a career back up at best, played behind Jamarcus at LSU and Rodgers in GB, he is nothing more.

Reaction score
The Chiefs signed Tackle Eric Winston. Could make things interesting in the draft, Riley Reiff will most likely be there for our pick. I can really see us moving Carpenter to LG, then drafting a tackle..

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Nice move, plug him in at tackle , big boy I think he will be a solid player. Interesting only a one year deal ? low risk for both sides I guess .

Yeah. From my understanding they tried him at DE in Tennessee and he was fairly pedestrian. So this is his chance to prove he is an above average interior lineman. They clearly think he can be as his one year deal is worth up to $5 million, with $4.5 million guaranteed (I think).

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
What about signing Alex Smith right now?

That would force them into a bidding war with Tennessee over Manning. That could leave san fran with nothing at qb.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think he's ruined no matter what happens , you can't be Harbaugh and say you are loyal to your QB and want him back and then chase Manning , now maybe they are just doing that to force the issue with Smith, but that would also piss him off IMO. I liked Smith at Utah , I think he has not had good coaching and that his best years are in front of him, he beat us twice last season , so I would take him in given the opportunity , like so many have said there are not many options out there.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Smith is due to visit Seattle after Miami. Nothing would please me more than to see the 49ers drop the ball on this and have just Kapernick...

Reaction score
@Pat Kirwan - Pete Carroll has a take on slow signing of linebackers: "There are close to 12 draftables with good grades which hurts vets looking for deals"

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
@Pat Kirwan - Pete Carroll has a take on slow signing of linebackers: "There are close to 12 draftables with good grades which hurts vets looking for deals"

Which tells me PC wants to.continue to build a young defense. Along with the Matt Flynn signing we are still rebuilding.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Draft deep in DT, LB, WR, RB, so it seems, so no reason to rush out and over pay for FA guys at these positions, gotta love that we might get like a Michael Bush on the cheap because the market is saturated at the RB position. I wish we'd look at tolbert though, he could be FB or RB, in case M. Robinsen gets injured again.

Reaction score
Think Tolbert went to Carolina. If we sign Bush, we can draft LaMike. He wont be a pound it up the middle type of guy but the kid only needs about 5 touches a game. Anyone of which could go for 80yards and a TD. He could also take to the house on kickoffs and punt returns.

Reaction score
Think Tolbert went to Carolina. If we sign Bush, we can draft LaMike. He wont be a pound it up the middle type of guy but the kid only needs about 5 touches a game. Anyone of them could go for 80yards and a TD. He could also take to the house on kickoffs and punt returns.

If we sign another back, I doubt we draft one as high as James will end up going. That would mean we would be set to carry 5 backs, if were were willing to do that we would have kept Clayton last year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If we sign another back, I doubt we draft one as high as James will end up going. That would mean we would be set to carry 5 backs, if were were willing to do that we would have kept Clayton last year.

Yep, which would be a good move, there are alot of RB's still out there, that would play 2nd fiddle to lynch.
Forrset is gone, Leon will stay IMO.

Also we still have ALOT of money to spend. I read an article that we likely have carry over money from 2011, unspent like 15M?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete Carroll on Softy said they would still like to have both hill and hawethorne back.
You think Luke Kuechly will be around in the second round?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Visanthe Shiancoe, Jacob Tamme, and Michael Bush all set to visit us shortly.

On that note, i'd love the TE duo of Tamme and Miller. Bush as a #2 RB, sign me up.

Top Bottom