• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official CBA Thread

Reaction score
The players already make a crap load of money and have been seeing increases in pay over the past decade. Of course the better players get more, but that's how it should be. If you don't like the pay (why wouldn't you like it?) get out of the NFL and find a new career. You were never guaranteed millions of dollars the day you decided to join the NFL.

The owners ALWAYS hold back increases in profits from their employees. When the company is doing very well, you don't get to see more money, but when the company is doing bad, you typically see less money and people getting laid off. If the players in the NFL weren't so greedy, maybe they would understand.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I just cant believe they (NFLPA) would even try the simpathy card, that players families medical issues and healthcare, give me a break! Use your millions to buy some f'in insurannce and take care of your family, or better yet, the union can provide some bennifits too, they see alot of the money.
And then Kevin Mawae pleading, almost in tears about players risking their lives and shortening the lives for the game.... boo hoo fucking hoo, give me a break, oil refinery workers, military personell, alaskan fishermen, steel workers, expose themselfs to worse hazards, work their ass off, and have a higher mortality rate then an NFL player, and they make less then 6 digits!! Even a 3rd string player in the NFL can make 300-700K a year!!!!! If you dont want to play the game, then play shitty so you'll live comfortably as a back up and still make executive-like dough... it's their choice.

They are already over paid, Im still siding with the owners...

S

Seattlehawk94

boo hoo fucking hoo, give me a break, oil refinery workers, military personell, alaskan fishermen, steel workers, expose themselfs to worse hazards, work their ass off, and have a higher mortality rate then an NFL player, and they make less then 6 digits!!

That's the excuse some idiots who are defending the players are using "Well, you couldn't play in the NFL, you couldn't take a hit, you are too out of shape"...Would love some of these idiots to tell that to Green Berets and other people you listed....

Don't think most NFLers could DO most of those jobs....They might be in shape....But some of those jobs would literally KILL some players from exhaustion....

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Talks broke down again yesterday largely because of the rookie wage scale.

I think a rookie wage scale makes total sense, but it is a lot like we have been talking about. Players do not take a pay cut when things go down hill. In that sense, owners do not want to pay tons of money to a bust, but I also do not see owners stepping up to pay 5th rounders that way outperform their salary stepping up to pay them. I think a fair rookie wage scale makes it so that owners do not have to pay busts, but have to pay players they got for a bargain if they outperform their contract.

S

Seattlehawk94

Exactly.....Pretty much makes sense....Which means they will argue about it for months...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55094 said:
Exactly.....Pretty much makes sense....Which means they will argue about it for months...

What I heard was the NFL and NFLPA both agree that there needed to be a rookie wage scale becuase unproven rookies were making way too much money, expecially high draft picks, but the NFLPA proposal had all savings from the reduced rookie wages going to veteren players. Owners said no. IMO they should split those savings. half goes to existing players and half to the owners. Why cant they negotiate!!

S

Seattlehawk94

Why cant they negotiate!!

Because in their own little world they don't see the big picture....Millionaires vs Billionaires with no sense of reality...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
CBA been extended to next friday 3/11.

If this thing gets resolved, alot of credit has to be given to the federal mediator (Cohen) guy has pretty much been cluth in bringing both sides together. I heard he has 88% sucsess rate in negotiations. What an amazing skill to have.

Perhaps we will have our NFL back, everyone makes bookoo bucks, and life is good?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well Its 5:00pm ..oh wait 5:06 before the old women nit picks me. Looks like de-certification and all the bullshit.

Players want 10 years of the NFL's books , that won't happen , so now we won't know anything for who knows how long.

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Just hope the season isn't lost. It wouldn't make sense anyways both sides would lose billions if the season is locked out

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yep. Not good at all. One thing that hasn't been clear to me is what, besides preventing a lock out (presumably), decertifying would accomplish. So the lock out is prevented, there still is not a new deal. So does the off season progress? How can it with no CBA? But players are not locked out so what activities can happen?

Anyone?

jhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
From what I've heard it goes to court and at some point they would chose to keep the season under some sort of rules

Reaction score
"NFL clubs still awaiting clarification from league on operating rules for when CBA expires at midnight. Expectation is a lockout." - @JasonLaCanfora

"Today's events bigger than owners and players. Many asst coaches, scouts, office workers will be laid off, fuloughed and have salaries cut." - @AdamSchefter

"In this time of uncertainty, with many questions, being told a more likely free-agent start is a least a month away, quite possibly more." - @AdamSchefter

-------

At least this offseason is going to action packed, even without roster moves. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and other players have already filed antitrust lawsuits against the NFL. The league could end up paying out hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.

NFLPA decertifies, files antitrust suit against league - ESPN

Reaction score
They ended up being about $185 million apart in the CBA. When they started they were $1 billion apart. Hopefully the two sides can work out a new CBA even with the lockout and decertification.

Reaction score
I got this letter via email from the commish: (not personally, hahaha!)

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
Roger Goodell

DeMaurice Smith is a ball licking sphincter machine. I'm just saying.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Pottsie;56123 said:
I got this letter via email from the commish: (not personally, hahaha!)

DeMaurice Smith is a ball licking sphincter machine. I'm just saying.

Aint that the truth!

Here's my newest conspiricy theory:

Ball licker and his posse walked out on the CBA because they know theyre is alot more $ to be made in lawsuites. DeMaurice and team are now legal representing the players, at least thats what I heard. The snake probably planned this all along.
Oh, and I love how he says the decertification is coming from NFLPA VP and President, Yeah because the attorney's have basically convinced them that they are being mistreaded and lied to and the clubs are making all the money, while they go risk their lives to make millions and boo hoo hoo!

Now you got Bress, Payton, and Brady, the 3 amigos, marching forth to the courtroom for the good of the NFL players. I knew the two were self rightous, self serving ego maniacs, but Drew Brees? I guess fuck him and everyone who looks like him. J-holes. I mean what; so they can go cash in 3x their current salary? To cash in or to prove a point? I think A. I guess thats what you get when knucklehead football players try be business men, put to use that full ride scholorships to use.

Just go play football guys, leave the dirty work to the pro's.
DeMaurice Smith is a piece of shit, and what dumbass elected him to represent the NFLPA, clearly intended for this thing to fail. From everything Ive heard the proposal on the table was pretty much a 50 splitt. No corporation would ever open its books, full disclosure to an outside entity without full wiaver of subregation. 10 years??? Most business cant even produce that much financial docuementation.

Rant over.

Top Bottom