• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official CBA Thread

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;56219 said:
Still. I have to pay money and find additional time out of my day to work out and go to the gym. And I surely don't get to sit around and watch film of a game I love.

It's part of their job. I'm not feeling sorry for them.

True. Although I doubt your time in the gym compares to what they have to go through lol.

Reaction score
Number 18;56219 said:
Still. I have to pay money and find additional time out of my day to work out and go to the gym. And I surely don't get to sit around and watch film of a game I love.

It's part of their job. I'm not feeling sorry for them.

took the words right out of my mouth... shit, I wish someone paid me millions of dollars to work out and look rocked out like the WRs and RBs.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
On a side note, it's confirmed a team has offered a 1-st rounder for Kolb and it's believed to be the Hawks...thoughts?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56235 said:
Hey now watch what you say about Stay Andrews.... that's one of szats favorites.

Cough *Chester Pitts* cough... cough...

nah... im a big unger fan ducky!

PacWest

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;56262 said:
On a side note, it's confirmed a team has offered a 1-st rounder for Kolb and it's believed to be the Hawks...thoughts?

If it is indeed true that the Hawks are offering their 1st round pick for Kolb, then I am all for it.

He is still young and has proven his talents and potentials so far in his career.

I would much rather see us grab someone who is experienced instead of taking a chance on a Rookie with our 1st pick.

I think that there is a pretty good chance that the Hawks are the team that had probably made such an offer.

3 reasons why:

1. Last year the Seahawks reportedly made offers for Kolb.

2. Eagles Team President Joe Banner says that teams that were interested last year, "remain interested"

3. It is reported that a team has offered a first round pick, and that the Eagles would like to see a higher pick offered than what this team has offered. (Seahawks at 25 is pretty low compared to the other teams interested)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I gotta say, that is an intriging offer... and probably a bargian for Kolb. Matt would be off the table if we signed Kolb.

DAMN I HATE THIS LOCKOUT! NO FA ACTIVITY!!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Just read that the Cardinals have expressed the most interest in Kolb as of right now on Rotoworld according to a "league source". They did say that Carroll has not denied being interested in Kolb one bit however.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't want kolb. OL with our 1st rd pick. We need to stabalize our Line so than we can add some identity to our offense instead of knowing every game we are gonna throw the rock and hope to get a good run or two. That's the only thing i miss about shaun alexander..the Line he had..Knowing when we were on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 we were going to get those yards. We need to get back to that and not trade our 1st rd pick. Kolb has so many weapons in philly and we don't run that vertical offense they do..I haven't seen enough of him to judge his accuracy but thats just my opinion

S

Seattlehawk94

Might have to add a #2 or #3 in 2012 for a real shot at Kolb...One #1 @ 25 won't do it...I'm all for Kolb replacing Matthew just because KK could be our QB for the next 10 years..

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on Kolb like 94' and I discussed earlier but ultimately he is the best available. I don't like any of the rookie QB's and I hate Carson Palmer.

Like 94' said just the 25th pick won't do it. Would you guys be okay with 25th this year and a 2nd next year?

Still pissed we traded 20 spots in 2nd and a third this year for numbnuts.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;56281 said:
I don't want kolb. OL with our 1st rd pick. We need to stabalize our Line so than we can add some identity to our offense instead of knowing every game we are gonna throw the rock and hope to get a good run or two. That's the only thing i miss about shaun alexander..the Line he had..Knowing when we were on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 we were going to get those yards. We need to get back to that and not trade our 1st rd pick. Kolb has so many weapons in philly and we don't run that vertical offense they do..I haven't seen enough of him to judge his accuracy but thats just my opinion

Its not a bad point, but you have to answer the QB question. If we dont get kolb, Matt is gone, and you dont get QB with that pick then who and when? Charlie?

I agree that 1st pick could be OL, and how abou this, if we dont have a stellar prospect at 25 we try to drop down, to get that 3rd round filled. OG/OT Clint boling, Danny Watkins, Rodney Hudson, Marcus Cannon, will all likely be there in the 2nd, and.... QB Christian Ponder will be there in the second as well and I like him as a 2-3 round pick.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;56286 said:
Its not a bad point, but you have to answer the QB question. If we dont get kolb, Matt is gone, and you dont get QB with that pick then who and when? Charlie?

I agree that 1st pick could be OL, and how abou this, if we dont have a stellar prospect at 25 we try to drop down, to get that 3rd round filled. OG/OT Clint boling, Danny Watkins, Rodney Hudson, Marcus Cannon, will all likely be there in the 2nd, and.... QB Christian Ponder will be there in the second as well and I like him as a 2-3 round pick.

I would take ryan mallet in the 2nd if he was still available.

Reaction score
Ryan Mallet? Thats it, just bank on Charlie, Ryan Mallet and Losman?

I am sorry, but that would suck huge balls.

If we can't get Kolb, try for that backup in GB (too lazy to look up his name).

We can't just draft some unproven kid and wing it. Charlie and Co. sure as hell won't help a young guy along.

idk if people realize how fucked up this QB issue could turn out.

We could be in for a long long ride.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
For those who want to know how fucked up this could be look at all the QB's between Krieg and Hasselbeck only Moon was good and Kitna was average. The rest were all god awful.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
For those who want to know how fucked up this could be look at all the QB's between Krieg and Hasselbeck only Moon was good and Kitna was average. The rest were all god awful.

I really hate when people compare present teams to teams in the past with completely different personnel and management. There is no relevance. The only similarity is that Hass and Krieg were good players for us and Hass may now be out the door. Correct me if I am wrong, but when Krieg left he was still actually producing and playing at a high level? Hass hasn't had a decent year in 3 years. You guys are acting as if he has been a bright spot on a bad team....he hasn't. I love the guy and am glad for everything he has done for this franchise, but his situation is not similar to Krieg's sorry.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasselbeck had a big playoffs but you must have been too busy chanting "Charlie" to notice that. Our team would go in the tank if we handed the keys to Whitehurst was my point much like the franchise did after we got rid of Krieg.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasselbeck had a big playoffs but you must have been too busy chanting "Charlie" to notice that. Our team would go in the tank if we handed the keys to Whitehurst was my point much like the franchise did after we got rid of Krieg.

He had one big game. He threw 12 tds and 17 ints....far from an even average year. We went 7-9....far from a great year, we got into the playoffs because of a fluke year. I am not a CW fan and don't think he would do any better than Hass has. But there are better options in FA or even via trade. Our team had one of the worst offenses in the league last year, how much worse could our offense really get? You know what we should do since you are so afraid of ever losing Hasselbeck? We should just sign him to a 20 year contract and have him play until he is 55. At least we wont have to deal with losing him.

Top Bottom