• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official CBA Thread

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18;54514 said:
(Oh, and for you Cromartie types, CBA stands for Collective Bargaining Agreement.)

LOL...Cromartie types think CBA means "Condom Broke AGAIN!"

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is going to depress me. Considering we are not going to have football next year... :( (at least that is my gut feeling)

The 2 sides are just to far apart and the initial deadline is March 4th. A YEAR without football = terrible year.

Reaction score
A lockout would affect a lot more people and companies than the players, the NFLPA and the NFL.

-Local Economies
-Transportation (Ferry, Bus, Taxi, etc)
-Restaurant and Bar Owners
-Hotels
-Stadium Vendors/Employees
-TV Networks
-Parking Garages/Lots + Employees of those companies
-Reebok, Nike, etc.
-Stadium Sponsors
-Ticketmaster
-And more...

S

Seattlehawk94

Sounds like what happened when the Supes left...Though the libtard idiots like Chris van Dicksucker and Nick La-caca would never admit...

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
robdog;54533 said:
This thread is going to depress me. Considering we are not going to have football next year... :( (at least that is my gut feeling)

The 2 sides are just to far apart and the initial deadline is March 4th. A YEAR without football = terrible year.

I agree probably why I'll avoid this thread for a while. At least we'll still have college football but come November, December and January that will suck.

Plus no fantasy football?!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

S

Seattlehawk94

kdawg2980;54545 said:
I agree probably why I'll avoid this thread for a while. At least we'll still have college football but come November, December and January that will suck.

Plus no fantasy football?!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

No offense to CFB but....Compared to the NFL its kinda gay....It will never compare to the pro game, I'll watch the UFL and CFL anyday before I try to get my football fix from CFB..At least THEY crown champions on the field and everyone has a shot at winning...

I will fucking go crazy if there is no NFL seriously, Fuskiefan always talks about the Cougs as "little brother", well..They are both little brother to my team...A year without the Hawks would push me over the edge..LOL..I might go postal..hahahaha...Seahawks Football is the biggest thing I look forward to every year..

I watch CFB and only select teams, and even that's just on order to make Saturdays go faster to get to Sundays...

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
College football is great, but usually you either like CFB or the NFL. If you are bigger NFL fan, then CFB will never fill that void. That is my take on this situation.

S

Seattlehawk94

Pretty much spot on in that assessment Diz...I think its obvious where I stans..LOL

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't mean to depress everyone, lol. I just thought there could be some good discussion around the details of the CBA.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
The owners are at a huge advantage. They saw this coming years ago. Even their media and sponsor contracts they have will still give them money because they stated in their contract that if a lockout were to happen, they still get the money. It was agreed upon because no one thought this would happen years ago, except the smart business men owners. They give up their yearly salary which wont affect them anyways but still get revenue. This will affect the players a lot more than the already prepared owners.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Everyone saw it coming. Everyone knew the owners would opt out because in 2006 the owners hated the concessions they gave they players. So yeah, it will hurt the players, but they've known it was coming for just as long as the owners have.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess what I was trying to say is the owners were prepared for this to happen. If a lockout happens, players don't get paid...period. It is more likely they budge than the owners. IMO the owners are willing to drag this on as long as it has to go because they are prepared for a lockout.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah true. And the owners generally have other income sources not pertaining to their team or their media/sponsor contracts (i.e. Paul Allen doesn't rely on the Seahawks or anything to do with them to live).

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, and if they ever were to sell and move the team all the profits and the stadium would be turned over to a local American Legion post....lol....They'd be the richest group of vets in the world if that ever happened...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, the Packer stocks mean pretty much nothing except for crazy Packer fans who want a keepsake.

Top Bottom