• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official CBA Thread

Reaction score
A big HELL NO on Vince Young.... id take Charlie over him... at least Charlie can handle being a shitty QB.

Reaction score
Wow Vince young?

He's definitely not Mike Vick, he just a drama queen who had a really good team around him so he was semi successful. He has never even thrown more that 12TDs in a season you really want?

Reaction score
VY sense 2006......42TDs-42INTs

Matt sense 2006...... 80TDs-71INTs

Idk i think Matt's numbers look A little better and with the exception of 06 and 07, VY had the better surrounding cast.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I heard on CNBC that agents are actually telling their players to NOT be "the least bit active". Meaning do not even workout at all! The reason? If they get hurt, they're not covered. However, if they're out of shape and the season is saved, they're more prone to injury. But that's okay, "because you'll still receive your salary if injured."

"Do not be the least bit active"? They might as well just watch TV or stay in bed. "Sorry, kids, Dad can't play outside with you because he might get hurt and no one will pay him for it."

The logic behind that is so screwy and wrong, I can't even comment without putting my fist thru the keyboard!

Reaction score
This lockout is starting to really piss me off!! This is really going to have serious negative effects on our team! Wonder if Matt and Bobby are still practicing in Chelan.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
June 3rd cannot get here soon enough. Even though I am not hopeful on the ruling, I just want to know!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
June 3rd cannot get here soon enough. Even though I am not hopeful on the ruling, I just want to know!

What the hell? I searched on Google for "NFL lockout hearing" and "NFL lockout hearing ruling" and every friggin' article on the first page was from MAY. I then tried "NFL June 3rd hearing", and got just ONE, dated the 3rd! I clicked on an ESPN link within it and found this one from June 9: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6641580

Is that the latest on this? Supposedly the two sides are talking "in secret" but not expected back to court until August 29.

Meanwhile, I could probably find a gazillion current stories about stupid Anthony Wiener's wiener which has no significant ramifications for anything or anyone other than Wiener. :mad:

What planet am I on? WTF is up with the news? :confused:

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
What the hell? I searched on Google for "NFL lockout hearing" and "NFL lockout hearing ruling" and every friggin' article on the first page was from MAY. I then tried "NFL June 3rd hearing", and got just ONE, dated the 3rd! I clicked on an ESPN link within it and found this one from June 9: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6641580

Is that the latest on this? Supposedly the two sides are talking "in secret" but not expected back to court until August 29.

Meanwhile, I could probably find a gazillion current stories about stupid Anthony Wiener's wiener which has no significant ramifications for anything or anyone other than Wiener. :mad:

What planet am I on? WTF is up with the news? :confused:

Apparently the two sides are very close and the new proposal was liked by both sides. It is said that a new CBA will be in place on or just before July 15th. Saw the information on Rotoworld.com. If you wanna find it just scroll through the NFL player news. For some reason they post the CBA stuff under Drew Brees.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
According to a report today on ESPN, the talks have been 'Fruitful' and the plan is to keep talking until a deal gets done. That means we are unlikely to miss any football this season.

48% of revenue for the players and 52% for the owners, damn that is nice for the owners. Projected revenues in 10 years are expected to double to $18 billion. Yes, that is a billion with a B.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, this week is killing me! I need this to get going, LOL! Anyone have any more good news besides they are just meeting a not agree to ANYTHING!

Reaction score
So it's looking like this lockout is going to end and we're going to get some real football news.

I'm getting a little excited thinking about all the possibilities in FA and trades. I have a feeling PC and JS have a few surprises up their sleeves...

It doesn't look like we're going to land Kolb, and I am kind of on the fence now about him anyway. Seems like the Eagles want too much for him. I hope we resign Matt, Mebane and Brock... other than these 3 there rest can go as far as I'm concerned.

It looks like the Hawks will have some $$$ to spend in FA so hopefully they target Nnamdi, Gallery and Osi.. wouldn't all or any of these guys to join our team.

Also excited to sign our rookies and see these guys in action in some Seahawks uniforms!!

Damn I'm glad it's football time!!

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally! Players should be signing the agreement tomorrow and the owners the following day! This weekend and next week is going to be some good times! I am curious to see all the moves teams make...

Top Bottom