• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official CBA Thread

S

Seattlehawk94

That's what it is....Something to frame and put on the wall...Know a few people who've done that...

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
None of this is slowing the Seahawks ticket office though. They are already asking for money for 2011 season tickets. Got a letter today, it did include a signed Hawthorne card though which I thought was pretty cool.

Reaction score
dizzle498;54557 said:
College football is great, but usually you either like CFB or the NFL. If you are bigger NFL fan, then CFB will never fill that void. That is my take on this situation.

Unless your team plays for the championship. NFL is def my first love, but it doesn't hurt when your CFB team has a winning program.

I may be totally wrong, but I think they will figure something out before next season... I wouldn't be surprised if they have something in place before FA starts. A lot of huffing and puffing from both sides right now, but I think both sides will comprimise and come to an agreement. WAY TOO MUCH $$$ lost if they don't get something in place. Just my hunch.

S

Seattlehawk94

#ONE;54589 said:
Unless your team plays for the championship. NFL is def my first love, but it doesn't hurt when your CFB team has a winning program.

I may be totally wrong, but I think they will figure something out before next season... I wouldn't be surprised if they have something in place before FA starts. A lot of huffing and puffing from both sides right now, but I think both sides will comprimise and come to an agreement. WAY TOO MUCH $$$ lost if they don't get something in place. Just my hunch.

Even then it's really "you are an NFL or a CFB guy"....You can love other teams but one team is always the teams you'd pick over any other...

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
As a fan, I'd like to think there is too much for the players to lose (health care, bonuses, FA, money money money) or the owners to risk (empty stadiums, angry ticket buyers, negative ads, tv contracts) for this negotiation to get close to March. However, I'm afraid that the owners feel they've got the players in a bad spot while the players feel they're being mistreated and locked out and shouldn't forfeit anything. In which case it could drag on for months.... into summer? Please Lord no...

S

Seattlehawk94

All the players have to do is look at 1987, much like then the owners have ALL the power....They'll get something done by April I'm guessing....

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
I guess I'm naturally a CFB guy. Growing up in the 90's as a kid it was pretty easy to see why. Huskies were enjoying their best decade ever while the Seahawks were suffereing through their worst. I've also been to more Huskies games in my life as well.

I do like both teams pretty equally. I spent $200 just to sit 300 level for the NFC title game, hell went to three games that year. Not bad for a college kid in Ellensburg with no money at the time.

I survived losing the NBA as the NBA was always my least favorite sports of the sports I liked. I can't go without the Seahawks though especially having no MLB baseball team in years as well will hurt. That is almost a whole year without professional sports since we all know the Mariners suck ass.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54600 said:
All the players have to do is look at 1987, much like then the owners have ALL the power....They'll get something done by April I'm guessing....

I think the owners have the leverage, but players ultimately have the power, they simply dont take the field, game over. It would never get to that, but I predict this thing will go past March 4th as well. Both sides will want prove they are serious about their stance... stuburn but I think if they are going for full effect they will go past that deadline.

I got a signed Thurmond card... pretty sweet.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
So who do you side with? I think I have to side with the owners. This is a business. They own the team. They paid for the team. If revenues go up, they should get the increased profit. If my company does better, I don't get a higher salary. Conversely, if my company does shitty, I don't get a lower salary. Should players on teams that lose money bear the losses, too? No. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Players are employees. It is that simple.

S

Seattlehawk94

szat;54626 said:
I think the owners have the leverage, but players ultimately have the power, they simply dont take the field, game over. I

Do you remember 1987? They "had the power" then....The owners simply hired replacements and guess what? The players came back....I'd support the "Scabhawks" if they played, I could care less about the name on the back of the jersey..It's the name on the front I care about, if they are Seahawks, they are my team....I don't care if Bob the Builder is hired as a "scab" I'd root for him if he was a Seahawk..But being as though it's a lockout scabs don't matter now..Though if they end the lockout and the players strike, scabs could be a possibility..

18 is right...I side with the owners as well, did in baseball....These guys get paid to pay a fucking kids game...A game any of us would play for peanuts if offered a chance to do it in front of billions of people...

True about "players on losing teams" I don't see any of them taking a paycut when their "company" (team) does bad....If some of us went 0-16 at our jobs like those Lions did we'd be fired and struggling to keep a roof over our heads....Some of those guys actually GOT BONUSES on top of the average salary of 1 million bucks for that season...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. I was listening to Mike and Mike and Golic was saying the NFLPA had better not try and get the fans on their side because it will backfire big time. No fan is going to sympathize with a player getting paid tons of money to play a game they chose to play.

Reaction score
Mr. Deeds said:
Deeds: What's the problem with your contract?

Jets QB: I figured if I played well, I'd renegotiate and get more money.

Deeds: If you didn't play well, could we renegotiate and pay you less?

Jets QB: Shit, no! I mean, NO.
If the players actually got paid for how well they play, a lot of teams would be better.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I side with the owners, but believe there should some profit sharing. Yeah, I dont think any of us average joe's are gonna sympathise with these players bitching about the millions of dollars their makin.. boo hoo! and let them sit a few months w/o pay im sure they will come around... as "scabs" even if it went to that extreme.

I listened to Colin this morning, he was tooting his horn about this as well, so we know which side our biggest sports media is on..

The extra $$ should go to faclities improvements, medical research, communities, NFL, the organization, players get some action; expecially if we go to 18 games cause I do get that point. Hey, maybe reduce ticket cost, or "$8 dollar beers" COMEON! Help a brother out!

But I do believe well run organizations "share the wealth" when times are good, from the top down, in the form of bonuses and wage increases, bennies.

S

Seattlehawk94

You just know the UFL is licking its chops, if the lockout happens I wonder how many players end up in that league...

The CFL has to be liking this too, outside of the NFL its the second best league in Pro Football, I wonder if CBS which outside of Golf and SEC football at that time of year will approach either of those leagues as programming filler....FOX and E!spn don't have that issue due to MLB Pennant races and NBC could always bring back "The Sunday Night Movie", CBS is the most likely option to show another league's game;

"Hi friends,This is Jim Nantz coming to you from beautiful Regina, Saskewtan for a huge Western Division match between the Roughriders and the B.C Lions"

scary but could happen...If there is a lockout who is the CFL team of the Huddle? The Lions are our local squad SO....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Alright I watched some of the NFLPA address today and let me tell you...

DeMaurice Smith can eat shit and die.

He claims that the Players are only getting 50% of all NFL revenues and that he wants a "fair deal" or to keep things "status quo". This is the crux of the arguement because it is the lionshare of the money.

So the players get 50% of 5 Billion $ or whatever and the owners, coaches, execs, facilities workers, capital budgets, security, janitors, staff, doctors, advertising, trainers, and all the other joe smo's from top to bottom that keep a franchise NFL football team up and running get the other half......?

And so whats fair?? Sounds like NLFPA is robbing the organizations blind, and have been for years. The NFLPA keeps saying " NFL" will cause the lock out, its their fault if theres no football. Hey I dont blame Roger Goodell or the NFL for inacting a lockout, they are the ones that want the new CBA... so they will hold their ground, and I support them at this point. Players are way overpaid and rookie salary is out of control.
Like 94 says, what ever players come through that tunnel, thats my team. Did you know that Steve Largent was one of the first to cross the picket lines in 1987 during the last lockout?

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You also have to ask, what are players doing to increase revenues? As far as I know, they still play the same game. Whereas owners invest in their teams, work to get new stadiums, etc. So just because revenues are growing, doesn't mean the players should get an increased share.

S

Seattlehawk94

He was the first Seahawk to cross...Randy White played in all 3 replacement games..

S

Seattlehawk94

Funniest thing is they say "Well, the owners revenue increased so we should get more"---REALLY---Does a guy at Walmart make an extra $500 a year because they are making money hand over fist? FUCK NO! These fucks should learn how the real world works....They've been coddled all their lives because they were good at sports, none of them understand what the real world is like for an average Joe...

Top Bottom