• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The MLB thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
He's come through as a closer before. I don't blame it on Batista, but I think it should have been Morrow's game to lose. I think he needs to be in there against that last hitter. I also think it's clear Morrow is not 100%.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I don't think that matters... I mean a game is a game, I think weather you're a 100 win team or a 100 loss team the pressure on the closer at the end of the game is the same. You're not out there thinking about your team's record. Plus he filled in for JJ at the beginning of the season when people were still expecting us to maybe win the division.

S

Seattlehawk94

he's a bust until I think otherwise....why defend him? He's gutless, sucky, afraid, nerdy, injry prone, and not a certain Cy award winner local boy we SHOULD have had...

He's Ryan Leaf the mousey version....I could respect Leaf though, at least he wanted to start....

Fuck college players......No GREATS came from college...

I'd rather see us bust on a Ryan Anderson again any day over some fucking booksmart worm who couldn't cut it in the minors at age 18 and went to school because he knew he was a pssuy non-hacker who would get weeded out faster in REAL baseball the kind without the fucking Little League bats....

Nutless---Morrow
Crash Davis----AAA catcher who can't catch a cold
Over the CenterFields wall----Latest bust

I'm calling you motherfuckers out.....

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Who's going to close then? I think he's the only guy we've got that has the fastball to be a dominant closer.

Who cares how hard the guy throws if he has absolutely no control over it. Trevor Hoffman throws like a pussy but can still close out a game. I'll take Corcoran as closer any day of the week over Morrow.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
bobflipaburger said:
Who's going to close then? I think he's the only guy we've got that has the fastball to be a dominant closer.

Who cares how hard the guy throws if he has absolutely no control over it. Trevor Hoffman throws like a pussy but can still close out a game. I'll take Corcoran as closer any day of the week over Morrow.

As a CLOSER?? ok. Thank god you aren't the manager. Just wait.. mid season when Morrow is shutting the doors, lets see how many excuses you will come up with.

Reaction score
Apparently you didn't watch the game. Corcoran completely shut down the Twins batters for 2 innings while Morrow couldn't throw a pitch over the plate and looked like he was about to piss his pants. And lets not forget what Putz said when asked who should be closer, “If you’re looking for the guy who’s got it downstairs, Corcoran is best suited to close”.

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
Apparently you didn't watch the game. Corcoran completely shut down the Twins batters for 2 innings while Morrow couldn't throw a pitch over the plate and looked like he was about to piss his pants. And lets not forget what Putz said when asked who should be closer, “If you’re looking for the guy who’s got it downstairs, Corcoran is best suited to close”.

Apparently you didn't watch ALL of last season, where Morrow was our most dominant pen force. I don't care what happens in ONE game. I look at a full season and judge the pitchers. Corcoran is not bad, but he is not Morrow caliber

Reaction score
I'm not talking about last season, and I'm not talking about the end of this season. I'm saying that as of right now, today, April 8th 2009, Brandon Morrow is not ready to be our closer.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:

Probably because he figured Morrow would be a starter... Personally I don't know if Morrow has good enough secondary pitches to start right now.

S

Seattlehawk94

After 4 years of college and 3 of pro ball he should....That's why most college players suck... The hitter still use Little League bats and the pitchers never learn because the coaches suck...The only CB players that do well are guys like Evan Longo and Lincey and that's because they got outside coaching...Most college teams are coached by losers who couldn't even GET to the Majors Tony Gwynn is the ONLY coach I've ever met down there that knows what he's doing....

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I agree that we should have drafted Lincecum, I thought that since the day of that draft. But that was Bavasi's stupid ass who made that decision and we're all glad he's gone... No sense dwelling on the fact that he fucked up because that's all he did. He fucked up our big league team, he fucked up our farm system, and he didn't draft well. We might get Strausberg this year and we have Aumont working his way through the minors... We've got good pitching on the way and a GM who knows we have to build from the bottom up.

S

Seattlehawk94

yeah they may fuck up Aumont as well because they want to use him in the pen...

That would mean they drafted 3 fucking RPs in the last 3 drafts unfuckigreal....I don't get them doing that with Aumont at all...

Fields might be Mlb ready by Mid-May from what I've heard...He's looking sharp in extended ST...At least he has testilcles unlike that bitch boy for Cal-Berkley.....

Aardsma should close or Roy should.....Scott I agree with everything you've said in the thread....

Some of you ripping Miggy need to look at the fact the it was a fucking IF hit, those happen and you can't do a thing about it...Uberbust walked the bases loaded with a 2 run lead. Ecause he's a pussy who can't challenge hitters he was afraid of whatever...in that situation a solo hr can't beat or tie you and he went 3-0 on him before finally walking him..he is gutess and proved it..

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Aumont had elbow problems, they're just trying to control his innings so he doesn't hurt himself.

I don't think Morrow's gutless.. I mean before all he used to do is throw is fastball up there and dare people to hit it. He's gotten away from that because he's trying to be a different pitcher... He's like Rick Vaughn in Major League 2 lol.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
He's looking a lot better now, he just couldn't get his pitches down early in the game.

S

Seattlehawk94

I want to murder those faggots on that Match 4 commercials...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom