• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The MLB thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
WOOO! Morrow! Lets bust out the brooms!!

GREAT comeback game, sweeping the A's would be amazing. A great momentum boost heading home, just think if we edged out those one point games, we could be undefeated now. Impressive team so far

Reaction score
Man...this team seems like, a team.

Bedard is turning into the ace we were hoping he would be. With two great pitchers at the top of the rotation and Washburn at 5th we should do pretty good this year. Silva was good off and on last year and seems to be the same this year. Rowland-Smith didn't do good, but he might just have been really nervous.

Let's just hope Silva comes back and does good for the Mariners Home Opener on Tuesday. :D

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Man...this team seems like, a team.

Bedard is turning into the ace we were hoping he would be. With two great pitchers at the top of the rotation and Washburn at 5th we should do pretty good this year. Silva was good off and on last year and seems to be the same this year. Rowland-Smith didn't do good, but he might just have been really nervous.

Let's just hope Silva comes back and does good for the Mariners Home Opener on Tuesday. :D

Wash is 4th RRS is 5th.

Reaction score
Sad day in Baseball today. We lose Harry Kalas the Phillies announcer and Mark "The Bird" Fidrych. Wishes and prayers sent out to their families.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Beckett only gets suspended for 1 start (6 games) for throwing at Abreu's head... I would like to see the MLB step up and deliver something bigger for this like add a fine to this suspension, or suspend him for 2 or 3 starts. He was completely out of line... I bet if he played for a smaller market team he gets a more severe punishment.

Reaction score
It's sad that a loser like Beckett gets let off the hook for intentionally throwing at someone's head. Now not condoning A-Rod, but makes him look like an angel on the DL right now.

Reaction score
Will they make him miss a start? Because a game suspension for a pitcher when they don't pitch seems useless.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Cole said:
The 'Stros are 1 and 6... Here's to another year of tanking and mediocrity.

The season is young my friend.. Although.. It always is nice to get off to a hot start :)

Yeah, but there is a correlation between bad starts and not making the playoffs...

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:
Cole said:
The 'Stros are 1 and 6... Here's to another year of tanking and mediocrity.

The season is young my friend.. Although.. It always is nice to get off to a hot start :)

Yeah, but there is a correlation between bad starts and not making the playoffs...

Red Sox are 2-6 this year... Do you think that will stick?
Mikwake is 2-6, Arizona is 3-5. Yes, getting off to a bad start is not ideal. But really meaningless in the beginning of the season. Yanks are off to a rough start too. So are the Mets.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
So, you don't think a team's initial run is indicative of how good they are? Frankly, I think that's exactly the case with the Astros. I love 'em, but they just suck. They have few good players...

Reaction score
Cole said:
So, you don't think a team's initial run is indicative of how good they are? Frankly, I think that's exactly the case with the Astros. I love 'em, but they just suck. They have few good players...

I think it is fair to say that it is somewhat true. But all I am saying is there are a ton of teams that started off slow this season that are very good baseball teams. Especially the case for the Red Sox. Just never lose hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom