• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Seahawks @ Panthers thread

Idahawk

Reaction score
It's funny though because you are actually seeing my point about Flynn. He has the potential to grow with his work ethic as well as everything else you mentioned. You start out with the right pieces and go from there. Wilson is missing pieces that won't improve over time.

Both guys are gambles, does it really matter which one we go with first all this much ? NO

S

Seattlehawk94

"Just because a QB is smart or studies hard doesn't mean he'll ever learn to fucking do it at a game pace or under pressure.." - Bill Belichick from the book Patriot Reign

The guy who took Carroll's divided team, drafted a QB and won the Superbowl...I can't wait to meet our Hoodie in a couple of years...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
"Just because a QB is smart or studies hard doesn't mean he'll ever learn to fucking do it at a game pace or under pressure.." - Bill Belichick from the book Patriot Reign

The guy who took Carroll's divided team, drafted a QB and won the Superbowl...I can't wait to meet our Hoodie in a couple of years...

What's ironic is that Brady is exactly that. He was smart and studied hard and that got him his opportunities as he developed his physical skills. That's why continually had to play up from the depth chart at both Michigan and once he got to NE. It even took him time once he got the starting gig in NE to become what he is today. He posted just okay numbers until his 3rd or 4th season starting.

Additionally, the opposite of what Belichick says is true as well.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Both guys are gambles, does it really matter which one we go with first all this much ? NO

I can't recall ever hearing anyone say Wilson is less of a gamble than Flynn.

I think PC has done an outstanding job with the defense and we are the best in the NFL right now. But the Hawks are at the bottom of a Strong NFC West, all it may take is a couple losses and we could be out of the playoffs. If Flynn replaces Wilson it could take a few games for him to get things going. Chemistry is a big deal between QB's and the WR's and it takes time to develop but I expect after 5 games we would be seeing a lot more scoring from Flynn.

If you don't mind missing the playoffs with arguable the best Seahawk defense ever then I guess it doesn't matter which QB you go with.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
What's ironic is that Brady is exactly that. He was smart and studied hard and that got him his opportunities as he developed his physical skills. That's why continually had to play up from the depth chart at both Michigan and once he got to NE. It even took him time once he got the starting gig in NE to become what he is today. He posted just okay numbers until his 3rd or 4th season starting.

Additionally, the opposite of what Belichick says is true as well.

6'4 225 lbs.
5'10 206 lbs.

I know which one I'm going to pick to develop.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I can't recall ever hearing anyone say Wilson is less of a gamble than Flynn.

I think PC has done an outstanding job with the defense and we are the best in the NFL right now. But the Hawks are at the bottom of a Strong NFC West, all it may take is a couple losses and we could be out of the playoffs. If Flynn replaces Wilson it could take a few games for him to get things going. Chemistry is a big deal between QB's and the WR's and it takes time to develop but I expect after 5 games we would be seeing a lot more scoring from Flynn.

If you don't mind missing the playoffs with arguable the best Seahawk defense ever then I guess it doesn't matter which QB you go with.

LOL

Just LOL....

This argument... LOL

"We might lose a couple games with Flynn until he gets on track, which by my own logic might be enough knock us out of the playoffs, but at least Wilson won't be QB anymore!"

We're 1 game back in the division by the way, so saying we're at the bottom of the division is pretty misleading.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Huh? Matt Hasselbeck, 6'4 225 lbs. (same as Brady)

Matt Flynn 6'2 225lbs.

Hasselbeck is done. That's why he was not an option. And the last time I checked, 6'2" is not 6'4" and is still several inches shorter than our o-line. There is a reason why 6'4" - 6'5" is the sweet spot. So thinking Flynn's 6'2" is going to be an epic improvement over 5'11" isn't exactly flawless.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Can't get in to Soccer. I'll watch a little bit of the world cup, but that's about it. If America can't win at it, its not a real sport! Lool

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I know I cant get into it, everyone down here loves thier Timbers. But its because they dont have a NFL team!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
But Clink selling out this weekend was a big big deal in the sport.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Im a transplant so old sonics fan, new blazers fan. Been to a couple games, definetly follow them a bit.
This town is all about the blazers, which is way cool.

Reaction score
Im a transplant so old sonics fan, new blazers fan. Been to a couple games, definetly follow them a bit.
This town is all about the blazers, which is way cool.
Yeah man. Love our Blazers down here! I'm just glad they got rid of Roy and Oden. We can finally put that behind us and move on. I do get tired of all the bullshit Comcast commercials where the players just stand there like idiots twirling the ball around pointlessly. Or Batum with his banfield hospitals commericials. Can't understand a word that French Commy is saying!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah man. Love our Blazers down here! I'm just glad they got rid of Roy and Oden. We can finally put that behind us and move on. I do get tired of all the bullshit Comcast commercials where the players just stand there like idiots twirling the ball around pointlessly. Or Batum with his banfield hospitals commericials. Can't understand a word that French Commy is saying!

I like the passion of the fanbase, reminds me of hawks fans in Seattle! Yeah it was disheartening about Roy, and Oden was just a fubar'd situation. Wonder if Roy is going to form at all with the knee theropy he got. But yeah best to move on. What is the coaching situation? havent really been paying attention, yet.

Reaction score
I believe they hired someone else instead of Caneles. I haven't really followed since the draft/summer league.

The rookie PG we got looks legit though!

Top Bottom