• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time To Deal Aaron Curry ?

Reaction score
Beltre is a victim of Safeco field. Right handed power hitters don't thrive there to say the least. I still loved Beltre when he was here, no one plays a better third base imo. Not even Longo.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey, Roller why don't you quit running your mouth and show everyone that tatoo you were suppose to get??!

How did the Hawks get robbed?? They got something for a guy that was WORTHLESS??!! How is he worth more?? Because he was picked 4th overall in 2009?? That doesn't mean shit. It was clearly a mistake. Everyone realizes that. So Darius Heyward-Bey was picked 7th overall the same draft... he is an obvious bust, if the Raiders were to trade him, would he be worth more than a 6th or 7th round pick??

I'd love to hear your logic....

Well, first of all, I don't "run my mouth" - I post my thoughts and opinions, just like anyone else. Isn't that the point of a "forum"? I'll post a pic of the tat when it's finished. I posted that the Hawks were robbed because IMO, Curry is a better player than he has shown in Seattle's system and he'll prove it in Oakland. A 7th round pick is worthless. Might as well have asked Oakland for some new locker room towels and a new Gatorade cooler. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, even if you don't agree with it or understand their rationale for it. So please, save the "forum bad-ass/internet tough guy" routine for someone else.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. He just does stupid things. I doubt he will ever live up to being the 4th overall pick, regardless of what team he goes to.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I posted that the Hawks were robbed because IMO, Curry is a better player than he has shown in Seattle's system and he'll prove it in Oakland.

I would agree that he may end up being better in Oakland, but he will never be what the 4th overall pick should be. The 4th overall pick should not have to have the right system. They should be good enough to transcend systems.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree that a #4 overall pick should be exceptional, but I disagree that they should be able to transcend a system. I mean, how many examples do we have of a player that leaves one team as an average player or back up and excels only after changing teams and/or systems? Time will tell I guess, but I wish Aaron Curry much success in Oakland.

S

Seattlehawk94

That's it EXACTLY!

People EXPECTED him to be LT (not the washed up J-E-R-K-JERKS-JERKS-JERKS [I was in Fireman Ed outfit while typing that]) from Day:1....Too much pressure...The fact that the coaching has been from Jim Moron's band of idiots and the Three Ring Circus known as CSH's "staff" is to me a HUGE reason he's failed...I think if he was COACHED rather than babied and been moved all over the field he'd have thrived..

Reaction score
Still don't get the PC hate... I honestly don't think how he runs the team is as different as people make it out to be. The team over-performed for him last year and they're exceeding expectations so far this year... Kind of hard to argue with the results he's produced so far.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree that a #4 overall pick should be exceptional, but I disagree that they should be able to transcend a system. I mean, how many examples do we have of a player that leaves one team as an average player or back up and excels only after changing teams and/or systems? Time will tell I guess, but I wish Aaron Curry much success in Oakland.

Probably a lot of examples. But I bet fewer of a top 5 pick.

Seahawk28

Huddler
Reaction score
Myself, I'm sorry to see Curry go. Yea, he screwed up a few missed interceptions. Yea, he missed a few open field tackles. Think about any line of work. If you make mistakes it's because you were giving it your all. It's easy to not make mistakes. Nobody pays attention to the guy that isn't trying. How many times have you heard of a TE that missed a blocking assignment, and the QB got dishraged? Probably not too many. The Defensive Tackle/End, or blitzing Safety is talked about. This is his third year in the Pro's. He's had how many Defensive Coordinators? He's had how many differant positions assigned to him? 94, and others hit another big 'what if'. The guy came in as a #4, and was under a hella of a lot a pressure, both from the fan's, coaching staff, and more so himself. Think about your own job. IF you give a shit about it, you give it your all no matter what your station in life is. Now think about if you were brought in as some sort of ace that everybody has high expentations of shakeing the pillers of hell as soon as you got there, but were given a differant assignment that you thought you were hired for, and your boss just got fired with a new guy with a NEW way of doing things. Everybody still looking at you with the same "this guy is going to make the Company kick ass". Yea. yea, yea, this guy makes millions of dollars we can only wish for, but he's still human. We made a mistake tradeing him for draft picks that probably won't amount to crap, when we had a guy that just hasn't seen his full potentel within himself because of the hype. Take the spotlight off of Arron Curry, and he's the #4 pick the so called "experts" said he would be. I've been a member of the Huddle through many changes. I read every day on, or off season. I rarely post something like this unless I feel strongly about the issue. This move is going to be a 'we just fu_ked up'. Mark my words.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I have no idea why people are so attached to Aaron Curry. Is it because he was the 4th overall pick and they just cannot let go? Is it because he is a good guy off the field? Because it sure cannot be linked to any on field performance.

Reaction score
Well, first of all, I don't "run my mouth" - I post my thoughts and opinions, just like anyone else. Isn't that the point of a "forum"? I'll post a pic of the tat when it's finished. I posted that the Hawks were robbed because IMO, Curry is a better player than he has shown in Seattle's system and he'll prove it in Oakland. A 7th round pick is worthless. Might as well have asked Oakland for some new locker room towels and a new Gatorade cooler. Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it, even if you don't agree with it or understand their rationale for it. So please, save the "forum bad-ass/internet tough guy" routine for someone else.

Haha... dude the 'run your mouth' comment was in regards to your tatoo.... I was saying less talk, more tatoo....

Now, obviously you're welcome to an opinion... thats why I said "I'd love to hear your logic"... sounds like a solicitation for an opinion to me. And just as you are allowed to have an opinion, I am allowed to disagree. Like 18 said, the dude was the 4th OVERALL pick, he shouldn't have to transcend a system. Plus, he went from playing an OLD in a 4-3 at College to playing an OLB in a 4-3 in the NFL. I know theres a difference, but you're a FUCKING outside LB, either tackel the running back, blitz the QB or cover your man or zone, the learning curve shouldn't be that steep. The system has nothing to do with him over pursuing a RB in the backfield and missing the tackle and looking like a fool when he had a straight shot to make the tackle for a loss (like he did against Bradshaw on a pass in the flats last week). It has EVERYTHING to do with Curry. Now I cannot pin poin to a single reason why he has been a failure, but I think it's pretty clear that the guy isn't a good LB in this league, let alone a 4th overall pick who got paid $34mil guaranteed. And don't blame the coaching, Hawthorne was an undrafted FA, he's smaller and less talented than Curry, but somehow is a MUCH better LB. He never played under Holmgren, so he's basically been under the same coaching staff his whole career. Plus, he had to earn the starting job. He wasn't gifted it like Curry was.

Anyways, thats my take. I think the Hawks would've eventually cut ties with him regardless. So the fact that they were about to get something is enough for me. Knowing what you know as a Seahawks fan, and say Curry was with another team, would you give up more to acquire him??

And LOLz @ your "internet tough guy" comment. If I was being one, you'd know. There would be a lot of profanity and a few ethnic slurs. It takes more than a difference of opinion for me to turn into an asshole, not much more, but more.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
18, the only reason I think he isnt "that big of a bust" is because he wasnt horrible, or even a failure IMO.
He just didnt live up to his draft selection. Too big of expectations. How can you say "the boz" was not more of a bust???
He played like one season, and had no contribution except for a few sacks, was rated 6th biggest flop in NFL history by ESPN, was more interested in running his mouth and his image and making moneythen playing.

OAK putting curry on the weak side, I dont think we ever tried that, maybe that will be better suited for him??

S

Seattlehawk94

Bozoworthless played from 1987-89 and he really didn't play bad...Bozoworthless was a #1 in the SupDraft and only cost us our 1988 1st Rounder which after being a Wild Card in 1987 wasn't a big deal...

S

Seattlehawk94

Still don't get the PC hate... I honestly don't think how he runs the team is as different as people make it out to be. The team over-performed for him last year and they're exceeding expectations so far this year... Kind of hard to argue with the results he's produced so far.

He brings Will Ferrall into the locker room before a road playoff game....Nuff said...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bozoworthless played from 1987-89 and he really didn't play bad...Bozoworthless was a #1 in the SupDraft and only cost us our 1988 1st Rounder which after being a Wild Card in 1987 wasn't a big deal...

But we did sign him to a 10 year 11M deal which was at the time, the biggest NFL deal for a rookie ever.
I dont know that "bust" is the proper title for Boz, I would say "scam" would be more fitting.
Some of the shit pulled off was actually pretty ingenius. Like arriving to practice in a helecopter, and sueing the NFL for the right to wear his number, was all to get him notariaty. I honestly dont think he ever intented to play football his whole life.

Top Bottom