• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Time To Deal Aaron Curry ?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, the 49ers had a far worse draft. And even the Cards and Rams had pretty poor 2009 drafts overall. I think it just was not a very good draft year for top picks. Check out the top 10 (below). Really, other than maybe Stafford and BJ Raji, who else would you really want?

1 Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford QB
2 St. Louis Rams Jason Smith OT
3 Kansas City Chiefs Tyson Jackson DE
4 Seattle Seahawks Aaron Curry LB
5 New York Jets Mark Sanchez QB USC
6 Cincinnati Bengals Andre Smith OT
7 Oakland Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey WR
8 Jacksonville Jaguars Eugene Monroe OT
9 Green Bay Packers B. J. Raji DT
10 San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree WR

Reaction score
I'm with Bob. They were most likely gonna cut him eventually. He looked horrible in NY... the guy cannot cover for shit, even though he ran a 4.5 40.... and even when the QB gifts him with a pick he still drops it... twice!!

I am a bit surprised they decided to do it now considering Hill got hurt, and McCoy is on IR.

Reaction score
Isn't Andre Smith with Cincy a pretty good Tackle?? But yea, thats a pretty poor top 10 draft.... I am not mad at the Hawks for getting Curry back in 2009, everybody in our position would've done the same thing.

Reaction score
He was supposed to be can't miss. And 18, don't forget Orakpo.. Although I'm not sure he would have worked out well in a 4-3. Or Percy Harvin, but that would have been a reach.

I heard Todd Macshay on Brock and Salk the other day. They asked him about Curry and what they saw in him. He told them that from the tape he saw of him in college he was "By far the most instinctive LB in the draft." And that out of any pick in the last 5+ years Curry is the one that leaves him scratching his head the most in regards to how he was projected and the success (or lack there of) he's had.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
... I remember it as clear as last week... I was enjoying sunshine ( like 85 degrees) corona in hand, at my high desert campsite along side the Deschutes River in central Oregon, radio rabbit ears dialed in perfectly so me and my girl friend could listen in on the draft. Stafford and Smith were off the board, suprisingly KC didnt pick Curry, we needed another LB, it was a "no brianer". I could have never imagined that we would ever trade him for a 7th and 5th, but given the circumstances, its not a bad trade.

Holy shit, palmer traded???

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. I just listed the Top 10 picks. But if I expanded it to the entire first round, it cannot be anymore than 20% tops that turned out well. That seems low to me.

Reaction score
I was at a Husky spring game with some of my UW buddies and we were fucking HAMMERED!!!! Tailgated all day... some dude stood up in the stands and was like WE GOT AARON CURRY!!! We errupted in cheer.... haha talk about a let down lol

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Highway robbery IMO. Curry is worth WAY more than what they got. Curry will shine in Oakland and, once again, the Hawks will look stupid.

Reaction score
Hey, Roller why don't you quit running your mouth and show everyone that tatoo you were suppose to get??!

How did the Hawks get robbed?? They got something for a guy that was WORTHLESS??!! How is he worth more?? Because he was picked 4th overall in 2009?? That doesn't mean shit. It was clearly a mistake. Everyone realizes that. So Darius Heyward-Bey was picked 7th overall the same draft... he is an obvious bust, if the Raiders were to trade him, would he be worth more than a 6th or 7th round pick??

I'd love to hear your logic....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Curry is one of the biggest busts, maybe even THE biggest bust, in Seahawks history. 4th overall pick gone for a 7th rounder after only 2 years? And those 2 years were well below average years, too.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Curry will get the "B" word tagged on him here after, but as far as biggest bust, IMO they are:

Rick Mirer - R1 Pick 2 - yeah had a horrible line, but his TD - INT ratio was 41 - 63
Bosworth
Kelly Jennings
Koren Robinson
Lawerence Jackson
Then maybe Curry or Spenser

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
But the only one of those guys that was drafted higher than Curry was Rick Mirer. And he at least had a decent season for a rookie. Curry was the number 4 pick and I am not sure he really ever had a good game.

• Kelly Jennings was almost a second rounder he was so low in the first (31).
  • Bosworth at least had one decent season (almost as many sacks as Curry has in his entire career).
  • Koren Robinson had a good season for the 'Hawks in 2002 and an okay season in 2003 (I will leave out his Pro Bowl and All Pro year for the Vikings as we should limit this to time played with the 'Hawks I think).
  • Lawrence Jackson was definitely a bust, but again, he was drafted at number 28, not number 4.
  • And I do not think Spencer is a bust at all. He just does not have that mean streak. But he does his job well. And again, he was drafted number 26.
So all of those guys, in my opinion, produced better than Curry or at the very least were not expected to produce like he was at the number 4 spot. That's probably what makes him a bigger bust. Kelly Jennings not working out is not as big of a deal as Aaron Curry not working out.

That's why I give him the biggest bust in Seahawks history label.

S

Seattlehawk94

Curry was Al Davis' last "move"...He'd been scouting Curry himself...He's going to go Beltre on us...Watch...Curse of fucking Seattle...

Reaction score
Curry was Al Davis' last "move"...He'd been scouting Curry himself...He's going to go Beltre on us...Watch...Curse of fucking Seattle...
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. People don't have high expectations of him anymore so maybe he will finally start playing at the level everyone thought he would.

Top Bottom