• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks @ Rams

S

Seattlehawk94

94 logic involves Superbowls because that is where Holmgren led us..Carroll is as bad as Erickson except Erickson had a better winning % here so far..and Rdud IS a dud..He has no future except whipping horses to wins at a racetrack in Kentucky with all the other Endor refugees...

9 wins with Flynn? Haha..We won 7 with TJackass..

I like QBs not Ewoks...Though if he's the starter when we play the Jets I promise to say "Dee Plane Dee Plane" once a day..

Reaction score
I remember Erickson, I was just really young when he was here. I was like 9 or 10 when Holmgren camme here.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yes, whole team was coming off:

2-14
6-10
6-10

he gutted the roster by the end of year two and went 8-8 and 7-9 doing so...He couldn't get over the hump, but he was willing to learn the NFL game in spite of being a college guy...He changed his whole approach to coaching and talent evaluation... He was better than Carroll at that as well, those teams had talent just didn't know how to win...He laid the foundation for Holmgren though...

Reaction score
I'd say there's no one better at evaulating defensive talent (especially in the secondary) than Caroll and Schneider, and whoever else has a hand in that stuff. Not as much on offense, but to be fair, they have spent a lot more picks on defense than on offense.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes, whole team was coming off:

2-14
6-10
6-10

he gutted the roster by the end of year two and went 8-8 and 7-9 doing so...He couldn't get over the hump, but he was willing to learn the NFL game in spite of being a college guy...He changed his whole approach to coaching and talent evaluation... He was better than Carroll at that as well, those teams had talent just didn't know how to win...He laid the foundation for Holmgren though...

Quit trying to act like Erickson was some better coach than Carroll. They are equal, at best. Foundation? Yeah. Sure. Holmgren took that "foundation" and turned it into a blistering 31-33 record in his first four years. What was Erickson's record over his four years? 31-33. Amazing.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd say there's no one better at evaulating defensive talent (especially in the secondary) than Caroll and Schneider, and whoever else has a hand in that stuff. Not as much on offense, but to be fair, they have spent a lot more picks on defense than on offense.

Haven't you learned anything in this thread? There is no such thing as fair (aka reason, logic, rationalization).

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
94 logic involves Superbowls because that is where Holmgren led us..Carroll is as bad as Erickson except Erickson had a better winning % here so far..and Rdud IS a dud..He has no future except whipping horses to wins at a racetrack in Kentucky with all the other Endor refugees...

9 wins with Flynn? Haha..We won 7 with TJackass..

I like QBs not Ewoks...Though if he's the starter when we play the Jets I promise to say "Dee Plane Dee Plane" once a day..

I know you know about football, which is why it gets so incredibly old to read posts like this. Why don't you use your knowledge to point out why Wilson is not getting the job done (i.e. give us a video and dissect it)? This is just pointless drivel and cutesy nick names.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Isn't it horrible to know that you spent $50 on a jersey for a guy that couldn't even beat out a QB THIS bad? I think that's why you are so mad about it. ;)
Not at all. I still wear my Flynn jersey with pride. Wore it yesterday. The more Russell struggles, the more I love this jersey.

Reaction score
I know you know about football, which is why it gets so incredibly old to read posts like this. Why don't you use your knowledge to point out why Wilson is not getting the job done (i.e. give us a video and dissect it)? This is just pointless drivel and cutesy nick names.

EXACTLY. If anyone else was saying this crap I would juust brush it off like "clearly this dude is a moron who doesn't know football." Obviously, that isn't the case. So, why is Wilson a sign that the Mayan apocalypse is true?

Reaction score
Mike Salk has posted two articles in the past 12 or so hours about why we shouldn't even consider a QB change. And I kind of found myself disagreeing with every point he made. I'm not demanding that Flynn starts, but at this point I would really like to see just to see if he helps the offense. This team can beat anyone in the league if we have an average, or even slightly below average passing attack.

Reaction score
And for the record, the closest I ever got to bashing Flynn was callling him average and saying he had a noodle arm. But right now, average sounds alright

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Yeah Salk is a total vag. He's about as qualified as we are to give an opinion on the QB situation.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think we are on the same page, Flip. Mitch on KJR was arguing that even if our passing game was in the lower 1/3 of the league at 24 or 25, we would be 4-0 right now. If Flynn can be average, or even just below average, I am for a change.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
which goaded PC into the onside kick, and all the complex passes. 2. Rdub played bad enough to lose the game. Turnovers, bailing on plays, bad throws, missing open receivers.

Thought the onsides kick was retarded. You only do that type of trickeration to get an edge on a team that is clearly out of you league. Bad call! But it actually should have worked and was well executed.

I was rewatching the game last night, RW missed a FEW open recievers, Tate wide open down the seam per the "announcers" and on the game ending pick to McCoy, Baldwin was wide upon in middle come back that would have moved the chains.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Salk, but he is more of a baseball guy.

Yeah Mike is not a FB guy, I like Brock alot, but he is homerish. Hugh Millen is a XO guy but overcomplicates shit on the air, and it bugs the way he says "but" all the time.

Dave Softy is the best sports DJ around, love his passion.

Top Bottom