• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks @ Rams

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Carroll’s bottom-line assessment: “Here’s a first-time starter. He’s been in every game, and he’s had a chance to win them. … He is not far from being really, really successful right now as a leader in that position. We just have to assess everything that’s going on. I’ve been amazed that he’s done so much and done so well.“There’s a lot going on. It’s not just one guy.”

PC needs to get his head out of the College mind set. A QB in the NFL has to be more than "just one guy". Teams can get away with having an average RB but have to have an elite QB to have success in the NFL. It is a passing league.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Carroll’s bottom-line assessment: “Here’s a first-time starter. He’s been in every game, and he’s had a chance to win them. … He is not far from being really, really successful right now as a leader in that position. We just have to assess everything that’s going on. I’ve been amazed that he’s done so much and done so well.“There’s a lot going on. It’s not just one guy.”

PC needs to get his head out of the College mind set. A QB in the NFL has to be more than "just one guy". Teams can get away with having an average RB but have to have an elite QB to have success in the NFL. It is a passing league.

It became a passing league because someone started a new trend. There is no reason why the converse cannot happen. Don't put yourself into a corner by subscribing to the "everyone else is doing it" mentality. Neither of our QBs will put us on par with elite passers nor have we had a realistic opportunity to obtain a QB that could do so. Therefore you look for other ways to change the dynamic of the situation.

Idahawk

Reaction score

Would you say Alex Smith is Elite ?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not to change subjects too much; god forbid I talk about something other then QB!

I charted our defense in 3rd and long (10 or more yards) on a majority of these situations, I think 6 of 8, we only rushed 3. What was Gus thinking? When Sam Bradford has time in the pocket he has lazer beam accuracy. Need to blitz more on 3 down exspecially when you know its a passing situation. Ive noticed this on other games too, drives me crazy.

Top Bottom