• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks @ Rams

Idahawk

Reaction score
RW is not trusting his protection, he's hesitating to check the rush which is costing him valuable time . PC said today that getting the passing game fixed was their number one priority. I think we would all agree.

Reaction score
Down on the goal line (I think it was a 3rd & 2) he had Zach Miller for a 1st down, maybe even a touchdown but he tried forcing a throw to Rice.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
"When we get in the red zone, it should be seven points," said Rice, who leads the Seahawks with 12 receptions for 132 yards. "I'm tired of three points. It's weak."

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
RW is not trusting his protection, he's hesitating to check the rush which is costing him valuable time . PC said today that getting the passing game fixed was their number one priority. I think we would all agree.

Rewatching the game, he had ok protection, but that pocket was really compact, even for little RW.
I think he does best when he PA rolls out to a spot, like 5/7 step drops.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Down on the goal line (I think it was a 3rd & 2) he had Zach Miller for a 1st down, maybe even a touchdown but he tried forcing a throw to Rice.

On the pick to mccoy, baldwin found a soft spot in middle zone, wide open for the 1st down, standing there saying " im open, im open". Either RW didnt see him or didnt trust him because of the drop? I think couldnt see him.

Reaction score
On the pick to mccoy, baldwin found a soft spot in middle zone, wide open for the 1st down, standing there saying " im open, im open". Either RW didnt see him or didnt trust him because of the drop? I think couldnt see him.
I saw the receiver open on that play right off the bat. I think Wilson was trying to get it to a guy that had a chance to get out of bounds, but he really shouldn't have thrown it to McCoy since there were two defenders sitting there. Even if McCoy didn't slip, who says that the defender (forgot his name) wouldn't have jumped the route and picked it off?

Reaction score
I saw the receiver open on that play right off the bat. I think Wilson was trying to get it to a guy that had a chance to get out of bounds, but he really shouldn't have thrown it to McCoy since there were two defenders sitting there. Even if McCoy didn't slip, who says that the defender (forgot his name) wouldn't have jumped the route and picked it off?

He wouldn't have had a shot at a pick.. Well assuming McCoy is able to get a hand on the ball, which it looked like he would have been able to.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Fuckhead Martz even said if not for the slip it hits McCoy in the face or numbers something like that, so who's to say what happens after that it really doesn't matter now.

After what PC said today about Flynn, let the entire QB controversy begin. Now all the Flynn lovers get to see what it does to a team.

S

Seattlehawk94

I know what it does to a team dumbass...

"Now it's time to pretend like I know more about football than anyone else!" - Ida

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
He wouldn't have had a shot at a pick.. Well assuming McCoy is able to get a hand on the ball, which it looked like he would have been able to.

Ball looked high anyways. Lot of his misses are high, shit the long ball to tate, went high and should have been picked. Just think RW is having Rookie moments. It think he is better then what we have seen.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I cheer everytime the Defense gets a turnover then curse when they don't return it for a TD.

It sucks when your offense has the ball and they have less of a chance to score than your defense.

This season is turning out pretty much how I expected. At least Turbin is looking good for the future. I just hope the defense will be as good in a couple years when we might finally have an offense to match it.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
There are only two agendas:

1. Building for the future
2. Winning now

I think the first might be easier to swallow if the rest of the team wasn't ready now.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
There are only two agendas:

1. Building for the future
2. Winning now

I think the first might be easier to swallow if the rest of the team wasn't ready now.
Exaaaaccctly! I think that is probably my biggest gripe!! This team is poised for a special season and Webster on track to finish 8-8 and probably 3rd in the west.

Idahawk

Reaction score
http://mynorthwest.com/275/1070043/Seattle-not-making-QB-switch-despite-struggles

Despite signs pointing towards the need for a change at QB, Carroll is sticking with Russell. This is the type of stuff that causes me think that Carroll has a different agenda other than winning right now.

I'm sure he would love to develop his QB and win every game at the same time but that's not reality.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...one-guy’/0acffcf7-d024-42f5-97f4-d261bd673d26

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm sure he would love to develop his QB and win every game at the same time but that's not reality.

I'd buy the comparison if Wilson was over 6 feet tall, but he isn't. Bottom line his height is limiting him.

People seem to think he can overcome the height problem and if this was the NBA and he was Spud Web I'd buy it. Teams have already figured Wilson out. Wilson is forced out of the pocket when they plug up the middle and unless he can get away with wearing really big Soles on his shoes I don't see a solution.

When he is out of the pocket he has been impressive in his ad lib ability and if we had better WR he might be able to find more success but there is always going to be additional risk when the QB is under pressure. I'd feel better if I knew my QB wasn't visually limited and could stay in the pocket making quick passes.

Top Bottom