• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Daily Blog Reports

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Re: Seahawks Free Agent Daily Reports

[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4294552"]Seahawks 2009 Season Preview - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

Here is the Seahawks Preview that was on ESPNs First Take today. John Carlson talks about the upcoming season.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Retired QB and current writer for SI.com Trent Green says Matt Hasselbeck has the potential of surpassing 4,000 yards of passing this season and I have to agree. With a healthy line, rise of John Carlson and addition of TJ Houshmandzadeh I think those are some realistic numbers. Remember as mentioned before Hasselbeck has a special trait in which he appears to do better on odd years. 2009 is an odd year and I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to his Pro Bowl form.

Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
Remember as mentioned before Hasselbeck has a special trait in which he appears to do better on odd years. 2009 is an odd year and I wouldn't be surprised if he returns to his Pro Bowl form.

I'm not a real supersticious guy but I'll take that!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Koren Robinson is staying in shape according to Mike Sando and awaiting phone calls. Seattle could still use Koren if an injury comes up at the position. He's familiar with the offense and Hasselbeck. Robinson's knee injuries are scaring teams away after a doctor said it's "bone on bone".

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

NFL Radio will be making a stop in Seattle on 8/12 at 8 pm. NFL Radio is doing a Tour of Camps and will be stopping at all 32 sites to talk about that teams up-coming season. To view a full tour list check out NFL Sirius's website.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

http://www.nrtoday.com/article/20090724 ... ntprofile=

There's an article on TE Joe Newton and how he likes his chances of making the squad this year. Currently it looks like Carlson and Owens are the two locks with a battle for the third spot between Cameron Morrah (7th Round pick) and Newton.

Also Sporting News concluded its 32 day NFL Preview. In which they talked about every team's off-season, expectations and changes. Today they wrapped it up with the Seahawks. I will be flying for Florida tomorrow so will be very busy to read it and break it down. However I will do that when I arrive in Florida and be posting as often as I can (our house has WiFi). Until then no news to report, but I am going to submit my Season Preview I had been working on for over three weeks.

Reaction score

SeahawkWag said:
what receivers are still in camp/on the team?

I believe the only departures are Bobby Engram and Koren Robinson and the only arrival is Deon Butler.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Burleson, Branch, Housh, Mike Hass, Billy McMullen, Courtney Tayor, Logan Payne, Ben Obomanu, Butler and I might be missing a few, but those are the more noticeable.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

And Jordan Kent! I still like this kid as a long threat.

Reaction score

I love Mike Hass.

That kid was a stud in College, but he gets no love in the NFL because he is a white WR.

Don't even try to deny it.

Reaction score

Housh, Branch, Burleson and Butler are lock ins.

The last 1 (or 2) will be a tough decision.

And the white WR argument would be a good one if there weren't guys like Wes Welker and Anthony Gonzalez. I think the problem is that every race but the white race can run and jump the best, but I think that prevents a lot of good WRs and CBs from being in the NFL.

Reaction score

phaZe said:
Housh, Branch, Burleson and Butler are lock ins.

The last 1 (or 2) will be a tough decision.

And the white WR argument would be a good one if there weren't guys like Wes Welker and Anthony Gonzalez. I think the problem is that every race but the white race can run and jump the best, but I think that prevents a lot of good WRs and CBs from being in the NFL.

Gonzalez has to be like half Mexican or something because that's not a white last name.

Reaction score

Dude and even a guy as talented as Welker didn't get much love in the league until he went to NE.

He was cut by his first team, then spent a couple years in Miama mainly as a special teams guy and later the 3rd WR.

It's an unfair bias just like the one towards Black QB.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Welker was never given a chance in San Deigo. Not cause he's white, but more so they didn't pass so much when they had him. LT was in his prime and Antonio Gates was their passing game. He was on their practice squad.

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
Welker was never given a chance in San Deigo. Not cause he's white, but more so they didn't pass so much when they had him. LT was in his prime and Antonio Gates was their passing game. He was on their practice squad.

Let's be honest here. San Diego cannot draft or develop wide receivers. Have they developed one since the powder blue days? I can't think of one. They have had success signing some free agents, but they have had issues developing anyone to be a WR.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Very true... Chris Chambers acquired via trade.

Also I will be doing a roster breakdown soon and should release it tomorrow.

OL- Cory Winthrow and Grey Reughamber (Spelling sorry in a hurry) tried out for Seattle this week. I will have more to come on my vacation... Enjoy!

Top Bottom