• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Daily Blog Reports

Reaction score
Re: Seahawks Free Agent Daily Reports

bobflipaburger said:
What about Vincent Jackson? Dude is a beast.
True dat.

He is a beast. The dude is built like a LB 6'5" 240 but ran a 4.38 40 at the combine... that's Deon Butler fast, but half a foot taller and 60lbs heavier.

Wish we had somebody on our roster like that. Kent is tall and fast... but.. as much as it breaks my heart to say this, he doesn't have what it takes to be a star wideout in the league.. prolly cause he's half white.. JK!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Tim Ruskell has said that Jordan "Big Play Babz" Babineaux will be given the chance in training camp to take Brian Russell's starting job from him. Russell took a lot of scrutiny after his rough 2008 season. Babineaux has always done a good job for the Seahawks as a back-up and was often relied on by Holmgren and staff. He might be the spark needed to get the defense back onto their toes. Training camp opens up tomorrow!

Reaction score

Ruskell has also said that the future of Pro-Bowl Left Guard Mike Wahle is in doubt pending a physical before camp.

Without Wahle...the Seahawks line looks even worse. :(

Ruskell also says that Curry should be signed before Training Camp starts tomorrow. They're just waiting for some more picks to be signed to find the right amount for the contract.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

I think that's why Seahawks brought in Winthrow and Grey for tryouts. If Wahle does fail the physical then look for Max to make a run to anchor next to Big Walt.

Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
I think that's why Seahawks brought in Winthrow and Grey for tryouts. If Wahle does fail the physical then look for Max to make a run to anchor next to Big Walt.
I forgot about Unger. :)

That would be the best option right now and one that I think will help out the left side a lot. Then we would have Spencer at center, Willis at RG and Locklear at RT or Locklear at RG and Willis at RT.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Grey is more a roover. He could be brought in for depth, while Unger takes over and possibly if Spencer goes down which is likely then Grey could use his veteran ability to run the OL. This is a make a break year for Spencer and Kelly Jennings as well. I wouldn't be surprised if roster cutdowns show Jennings name on the cut list.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Seahawks signed OL Cory Withrow today. He currently played for St. Louis and will compete for the possibility of starting next to Walter Jones on the line. Mike Wahle is awaiting a physical that could decide his future with the Seahawks and more importantly his career in the NFL. Wahle is 32 and coming off of a shoulder injury that could affect him throughout the rest of his career as a lineman. Wahle was signed as a free agency in 2008 after being let go by the Panthers. He was supposed to be the replacement the Seahawks had been looking for since Steve Hutchinson left to sign with the Vikings.

Withrow is a hometown boy having been born in Spokane, WA and attending Washington St. He spent his past season with the Rams, but had played for the Vikings and Chargers before. He also plays center and could be used to help groom Max Unger. Unger will also battle for the starting job with Withrow.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Few other notes from Tim Ruskell's interview:
-They are content with Julius Jones as our starting RB.
-Seahawks will not carry two kickers this year. Olindo Mare wants a contract extension and Brandon Coutu has yet to play in a game in the NFL. It will be just one of the many battles brewing in camp starting today.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Seahawks have parted ways with OG Mike Wahle after playing just one-year with the Seahawks after failing his physical on the first day of Training Camp that opened today. He signed with them in Feb. of 2008 after being let go by Carolina. Wahle hurt his shoulder in the middle of the season and had surgery. He was one of 14 players to have been placed on the season ending IR. I will be posting more about the Seahawks first day, but they also signed OL Grey Ruegamer today. He's the second veteran OL signed this week.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Alright a little more to report right now:
-Marcus Trufant is currently on the PUP due to a back injury. He will not take up roster space until the final cut downs. He can't practice until he passes his physical.
-Wahle as mentioned earlier was let go. As I hinted in my earlier blog makes you wonder if he will ever play another down in the NFL. The latest report I am hearing is he very well may retire. Sadly Wahle had steroid problems in his college days and might have had a toll on his body.

Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
Alright a little more to report right now:
-Marcus Trufant is currently on the PUP due to a back injury. He will not take up roster space until the final cut downs. He can't practice until he passes his physical.
-Wahle as mentioned earlier was let go. As I hinted in my earlier blog makes you wonder if he will ever play another down in the NFL. The latest report I am hearing is he very well may retire. Sadly Wahle had steroid problems in his college days and might have had a toll on his body.
It sucks that we lose Wahle, but he is going to retire and will have a chance to live a good life outside the NFL and spend a lot more time with his family.

After practice Mora said that Wahle has indeed retired from the NFL. And he said Trufant was put on the PUP because of a sore back so hopefully he will be back soon to get ready for the season.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Here's some info on Ruegamer (another name I hope to be able to spell in my sleep correctly):
He is a 10-year NFL veteran having played for the Patriots (winning a Super Bowl with them), Giants (winning a Super Bowl with them and most recently) and the Packers after having been drafted out of Arizona State in the third round of the 1999 NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins. He's played in 124 games, but started just 17 of them (11 came in one of his seasons with the Packers).

Reaction score
Ray Willis and Lawrence Jackson were battling all day and it got so intense that it ended up in a brief fight. Jackson ended up on the ground. Mora understands that this type of thing will happen when guys go at it all day, get tired and let their emotions get the best of them. Mora actually predicted Willis would be in the first fight.

SeahawksCampFight.jpg

Seahawks players and coaches hold back Ray Willis, right, after he was involved in a brief scuffle with Lawrence Jackson, lying on the ground at lower left, during Friday's first practice of training camp. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Reaction score
Curry hasn't arrived yet at Seahawks camp, still unsigned as the team's first-round draft pick. When he does, he'll slide immediately into the outside linebacker spot held by Peterson the past three years.

That leaves Redding -- the man actually obtained from the Detroit Lions in the March trade for Peterson -- as the extra upgrade out of the deal.

And the Seahawks believe he could have a large impact up front, enough so that Coach Jim Mora has Redding working as the starting left end as camp opens, which will allow the team to move Patrick Kerney to right end when he becomes fully healthy.

Mora said if the Seahawks lined up for a game right now, Kerney and Darryl Tapp would be the right ends and Redding and Lawrence Jackson would be the left ends.

It's going to be weird to see Kerney playing at RE instead of LE, but I think he'll make an impact on either side and being on the blind side of the QB might help him sneak in for a sack more often.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah won't that be true.

Also I am following Curry's agent on Twitter hoping for some news. Basically its the same news... still unsigned, but talking 24/7. Earlier he gets in better it is for him. His signing might not come until the Chiefs sign Jackson. Right now with Sanchez signed it will make it easier for the 'Hawks to know what to neogatiate with once Jackson is signed too.

Top Bottom