• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Daily Blog Reports

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seahawks sign CB Travis Fisher to a one-year deal. Fisher a former Lion is probably being brought in more for insurance of Marcus Trufant. Leaving the possibility that they let Trufant's back heal and not play a pre-season game this year. Fisher a former second-round pick in the 2002 NFL Draft by St. Louis attended UCF had his best year in the NFL in 2003 in which he had four interceptions and 61 tackles. He has spent the past two-years in Detroit.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
As reported Fisher signed with Seattle and got me thinking. I wonder if this is more than just an "insurance policy" for Trufant. It's obvious the Seahawks aren't pleased with Jennings and I'm wondering if this is more of a sign that Jennings' future in Seattle is on the bubble. Might make an interesting and fun Training Camp battle between Fisher and Jennings for a spot on the roster.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Here is a reply from Mike Bumpus to our twitter account in which I asked about practice today and wished him luck on the up-coming season:
MikeBumpus@seahawkshuddle we haven't started practice yet, just meetings. looking forward to working on some things. Thanks for the love.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
As reported Fisher signed with Seattle and got me thinking. I wonder if this is more than just an "insurance policy" for Trufant. It's obvious the Seahawks aren't pleased with Jennings and I'm wondering if this is more of a sign that Jennings' future in Seattle is on the bubble. Might make an interesting and fun Training Camp battle between Fisher and Jennings for a spot on the roster.
I'd rather have a veteran guy at CB than Jennings. Josh Wilson showed he isn't that bad, but obviously has areas that need improvement. So I'd think it would be Trufant, Lucas, Fisher and Wilson.

Reaction score
Wilson's main area improvement is his height, if he can just have one of those mid-20s growth spurts he'll be great lol.

Reaction score
I hate Kelly Jennings, but he made some plays yesterday during practice.

One was a deep ball to Jordan Kent and Kent got there quick and the touch on the ball was $, but Jennings leaped up and just knocked it down with one hand. It was a very sick play, problem is the idiot doesn't make these kind of plays when it counts.

I really do think it's a confidence thing with Jennings, cause he has the speed and technique and he is almost always there, he just doesn't make the play. He will be stride for stride with a guy, get his hands in there and the WR somehow still catches the ball.

I do hope the thing with Tru is just precautionary and that he comes back 100%. I think Tru and Lucas give us a pretty physical combo at CB. Especially with how promising our D line looks, I think those two guys are going to be having a pick fest. Fingers crossed.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Busy day for the Seahawks today as they sign Edgerrin James to a 1-year $2 million dollar deal. To make room for the former Indianopolis Colt and Arizona Cardinal running back the Seahawks let go of TJ Duckett. James a four-time Pro Bowl and a former NFL All-Pro was drafted in the first-round by the Colts in 1999 out of the University of Miami with the fourth overall selection as he went onto win Rookie of the Year with the Colts in 1999. He spent the past three-years with the Cardinals. James has a career rushing total of 12,121 yards which is most among active backs. He also has 80 career rushing touchdowns, while 11 recieving touchdowns- nine of them coming from Arizona. James was one of the more sought out running backs of the 2005 free agency (Shaun Alexander re-signed with Seattle).
In one-year with the Seahawks Duckett was their main goal-line back and third-down back. He had eight touchdowns and a total of 172 yards with a 10.8 yard per carry after signing with Seattle in free agency after spending one-year with Detroit Lions.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Couple kick hits before I head to class...

-Justin Griffith will earn the start at fullback over Owen Schmitt.
-Marc Bulger did take snaps at center for the Rams today.
-Walter Jones and Chris Spencer have been ruled OUT for Sundays game.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Sporting News Daily papers did a football preview and in there it talked about rookies destined to make a quick impact and one of them was Aaron Curry. Their logic was he is already playing like a veteran with his play abilities and leadership off of the field and on the field.

They also mention Brandon Mebane as a break-out playing saying "Matt Cassell won't be the only quarterback who will get a close look at him." Mebane will have a good chance of getting through the Rams line to an injured Marc Bulger come Sunday.

Also in the latest Sporting News Rankings the Seahawks are 26th, while on ESPN they are 15th.

Also in their player profiles Packer OL Daryn Colledge mentions the Seahawks as his favorite team growing up as a kid.

Of their top-100 NFL Players:
29. Walter Jones
67. Lofa Tatupu

Only two of their panel picked us to make the playoffs, but lose in the first-round:
Marcellus Wiley and Albert Breer.

They also predict us to go 5-11 and finish third in the West.

Making the Sporting News Pre-Season All-Pro Team:
T-Walter Jones
DT- Colin Cole
LB- Leroy Hill
CB- Marcus Trufant

Reaction score
With the talent they have, how could you say they finish third? Or even 2nd? The Cardinals weren't a great team last year. They were like a college team throwing out the spread offense because they have no other skills. Their passing threat was like the Wildcat last year. Now most teams will be able to take away that pass game and force them to run. Even with the addition of Chris Wells they won't be that great.

The Seahawks have a decent running game, good passing game with threats at WR and at TE. They have a good defensive line, one of the best linebacker corps in the league and an underrated secondary. I just can't see them not going at least 10-6.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah phaze I totally agree. Like I said it was the Sporting News and not my logic was asked to take part in their preview. I guess they still are worried about the injuries and a change in the head coaching game. As I said in my season preview if we stay healthy no reason to win more than 10 games.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seahawks signed DD Lewis and cut Derek Walker to make room for him. Also OT Damion McIntosh will be in town for a visit. Currently Brandon Frye is the 3rd OT with Jones out. A little scoop on McIntosh:
He has played with the Chiefs, Dolphins and Chargers appearing in a total of 115- 111 of them coming as starter since 2000. He was a 3rd-round selection by the Chargers out of Kansas St.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Walter Jones and Chris Spencer are expected to return to practice this week according to the Seattle Times.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
The NFL listed the Preliminary list to the 2010 Hall of Fame:
http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinem ... habetical/

Among the list of Seahawks that are on the list:
Kenny Easley
Cortez Kennedy*
Tom Flores
Chuck Knox
John Randle*
Jerry Rice- 1st time up for enshirenment. Should be a lock.
Ricky Watters
*- one of 17 finalists last year.

Will have more of a breakdown later after the Syracuse game.

Reaction score
Justin Griffith was resigned on the 5th, Kyle Williams was cut. Today, Logan Payne was added to the practice squad and so was Kyle Williams.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
As pointed out on an earlier topic- Michael Bennett was claimed off of waivers by the Bucs. Bennett was cut to make room for the signing of Kyle Williams to the active roster. Bennett was also claimed by the 49ers, but due to the Bucs poor record they claimed him.

Also with my new laptop I will be able to be blogging more and more active again... so to kick off the return:
-Sporting News ranked the Seahawks 20th in their overall rankings. The 'Hawks moved up four spots and the addition of a healthy Matt Hasselbeck had a lot to do with it.
-Brandon Frye status is uncertain for Sundays game. If he does miss the start Kyle Williams will make the start in place of him at tackle.
-Patrick Kerney should return to action Sunday allowing the Seahawks to add another key player to rush in on the aged Kurt Warner Sunday.
-Owen Schmitt made ESPNs top 10 for his bashing of the helmet at his head- one of Nate Burleson's touchdowns also was the play for #7.

More to come as the day goes on along with the week.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Small note... Jordan Kent had a workout for the Rams this week. Also Matt Hasselbeck is one of three nominees for FedEx Air it out award. A link to vote for him is in the Seahawks related topics.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Mike Sando made a small predicition about Justin Forsett on his ESPN.com blog saying that his play should increase as the Seahawks move forward. Forsett has seen a lot of plays called on 3rd down and is averaging 6.56 yards per touch. He's also turned into the Seahawks best pass-catcher back and that should help his number get called more with a healthy Hasselbeck. His smooth running also is a key for a line that is being bothered by injuries.

A good note about the injuries was made by John Clayton on Brock and-Salk about how the health of the Seahawks is getting better after this week. If Seattle wins they go into their bye at 3-3 with a 2-1 division record. Leroy Hill will return from injury along with Sean Locklear returning too and Marcus Trufant getting close to making his return the Seahawks could start a run of their own. After the bye week their next 5-games:
@ Dallas- not playing as well as they were expected.
vs. the Lions- in Seattle helps and with a healthy D could help the Seahawks put pressure on a rookie Stafford.
@ Arizona- Another big divisional game on the road, but a healthy team along with Trufant could contain their passing game.
@ Minnesota- a true test for the Seahawks possible SNF game if Seahawks are in contention for first-place in the West.
@ St. Louis- 28-0 win earlier in the year, but Rams will be looking for redemption. Might also still be winless and the worst team in the NFL.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
The Seahawks voted TJ Houshmandzadeh as their new team rep for the NFLPA. He replaces Brian Russell who was let go when the team had to set their roster to 53-men. Deon Grant and Matt Hasselbeck remain alternatives. Houshmandzadeh signed with Seattle in March after spending his entire career with the Bengals. He will have a say in the current contract neogations going on in case the NFL's current labor contract isn't extended.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Edgerrin James short stay in Seattle officially came to an end Tuesday. James was let go by the Seahawks after averaging only 2.7 yards per carry in seven games played. James was signed in August with the hopes he would resurrect his career. However that never happened and the Seahawks finally parted ways with him after Jim Mora had said he would re-evaluate peoples jobs in the orginization. Even going as far as saying if someone has to be fired they will be. Also let go by the Seahawks was CJ Wallace and Travis Fisher. Fisher's release had been widely speculated once Marcus Trufant returned from his back injury and was activated off of the PUP. Fisher like James was signed in August and was looked at more as a depth player for the secondary. Wallace on the other hand has been with the Seahawks since 2007 in which he was signed as an un-drafted free agent out of the University of Washington.
In order to fill their spots on the 53-man roster the Seahawks brought up Safety Jamar Adams, Wide Receiver Mike Hass and cornerback Roy Lewis.

-Adams played in one game in 2008 and has yet to be added to the active roster this year. He's entering his second-season out of the University of Michigan.
-Lewis like Adams is in his second year and played in one game in 2008 for the Steelers. He attended the University of Washington.
-Hass someone whose been around the league lately. In 2006 he was drafted by the New Orlean Saints and spent time on their practice squad before the Bears signed him. He played in one game for the Bears in 2007. He attended Oregon State.

Top Bottom