• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Daily Blog Reports

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Re: Seahawks Free Agent Daily Reports

According to Drew Rosenhaus's Twitter account Edgerrin James has received interest from several teams (I wouldn't be surprised if we're one) and that he will take his time to make the right decision for himself. Rosenhaus also represents Julius Jones.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score

I think Jones is going to have a monster year (1,200 yards or so) with the new zone blocking scheme, upgraded offensive line, and upgraded passing offense. Last year when all of the receivers and eventually Hasselbeck went down, defenses were putting eight men in the box and it's tough to run against that almost no matter who you are, which is another reason why the offensive line had an off year.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Bucky Brooks an NFL.com writer compiled the Top 5 teams that had the best off-season moves and Seattle was No. 3. No. 1 was Philly, No. 2 NY Giants and No. 4 Buffalo.

Link:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true

Kind of interesting to see top 3 all NFC teams. I think Seattle has done the right moves now if we can stay healthy we maybe able to host the NFL Playoffs.

hawkdoggin

Huddler
Reaction score

I saw that and loved the respect the seahawks were getting
I really thought the Eagles have had an overrated offseason though.

With Matty Hassel back in the fold and TJ shoring up the receiving core, the running game ready to make a move -not to mention the weak division- it's entirely possible to have the hawks as the division champs.

loved this mention of TJ here
http://popcornmuscles.com/2009/05/tj/

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Welcome to the blog Hawkdoggin- I think the key though about the Seahawks off-season is whether or not we want to accept it, but our off-season moves have no impact if Hasselbeck isn't healthy. Sorry to say it, but if he were to miss a significant time I don't think we finish better than 8-8. We would be in the same boat as last season, but have added a few players that might add a few wins. If Hasselbeck is healthy I see us being a 10-12 win team. Having said that that's why I feel we are No. 3, but nothing better. Because in all reality it all matters how healthy we stay.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
If Hasselbeck is healthy I see us being a 10-12 win team.

10-12 how many games are on the schedule this year?!

Reaction score

hawkfanadam said:
sigpro said:
Hawk096 said:

What? The same as usual? Unless someone changed something on me?.....
He was being a smart ass by saying that there must be a lot of games if the Seahawks win 10-12 games. :lol:

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

According to Drew Rosenhaus's Twitter account with the Seahawks not drafting a running back it appears they are content with Julius Jones as its feature back. Of course a great agent like Drew said "I expect big and good things from JJ and the Seahawks." Can't say I disagree. As I've stated before I would like to see JJ earn the job (like he did the first 3 weeks of the season) and be given a fair chance. In all of my years as a Seahawk fan I think that's the only time I was angry at Mike. The way he promised Mo Mo his job. This is the NFL the best players should play. End of Story. I think JJ will be our back this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a big year either... and no I'm not his agent.

Reaction score

I thought he was retarded and thought there were 22 games.

phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:

He was being a smart ass by saying that there must be a lot of games if the Seahawks win 10-12 games. :lol:[/quote]

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Sporting News did its rankings of the top 10 Fullbacks in the NFL and Justin Griffith was No. 4. Leonard Weaver was No. 9. When Griffith was in Atlanta they led the league in rushing for three of those years. When he went to Oakland they went from not so good to No. 6 and No. 10.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

He's a good back that can catch, should be a nice little competition for Owen.

I like owen though, he's got alot a nasty in him. :twisted:

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

John Clayton listed five teams that Mike Vick could sign with and Seattle was No. 2. Little did he say other than "Mora has always been a supporter of Vick and would sign him." He doesn't however address that Ruskell wouldn't go for it and Mora has already said "no" to the signing of Vick. Or factoring in we have Hasselbeck and Seneca. Vick is to be released from prison within the next 24 hrs.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Seahawks have signed former Texans long snapper Bryan Pittman. Pittman graduated from University of Washington and had started in 92 consecutive games before being suspended four games last season. Pittman is 32 unlike former long snapper Jeff Robinson who was 39 and used more as insurance for the Seahawks. He signed after Tyler Schmitt's back injury came noticed. Seattle is still looking for a reliable long-term long snapper after JP Darche left for KC.

Reaction score

On ESPN today Mora said he was constantly questioning if Vick had the skills to be a pocket QB and he only supported him because he was his QB.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Remember Vick came before Mora. Mora didn't choose him as his QB. Vick is a great athlete, but he doesn't have the skills to be a QB. Seattle runs the WCO and won't use a scrambling QB.

Reaction score

96 - I could not agree more with the latter part of your comment

Idahawk

Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
Remember Vick came before Mora. Mora didn't choose him as his QB. Vick is a great athlete, but he doesn't have the skills to be a QB. Seattle runs the WCO and won't use a scrambling QB.

:lol: :lol: Vick in Seattle are you kidding me...you would have greenpeace,peta and every other liberal crybaby group protesting at the games and Seattle is the worst fit just for that reason....the only way the vick thing could work for any team is for that city to be so hard up for a QB that they can forget the past, even then it would still be an ugly situ

Top Bottom