• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mora out!!

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
we should have drafted one of their LB last year

#ONE said:
Well looks like we'll be drafting a few USC guys this year...

amen..

should've picked a tackle with that 4th pick..

and waited till the 2nd to pick up one of their LB's...

Reaction score
#ONE said:
SeahawkWag said:
we should have drafted one of their LB last year

[quote="#ONE":whwtd98t]Well looks like we'll be drafting a few USC guys this year...

amen..

should've picked a tackle with that 4th pick..

and waited till the 2nd to pick up one of their LB's...[/quote:whwtd98t]
Right now that seems like the better option. Let's hope Curry isn't a bust.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I saw an article that stated PC will have only coaching title.

Curry isnt a bust, I think he would have done better in a different situation, he seemed bilwildered at times this year. On the other hand, Cushing did get the ROY right?

Reaction score
szat said:
I saw an article that stated PC will have only coaching title.

Curry isnt a bust, I think he would have done better in a different situation, he seemed bilwildered at times this year. On the other hand, Cushing did get the ROY right?
Defensive ROY.

Reaction score
if I were to base it off last season, I would have taking any of the USC backers over Curry...

Cushing, Mathews, Malaluaga...sp?!

In my opinion, Heller did a better job at outside backer when he started for Curry.

Reaction score
#ONE said:
if I were to base it off last season, I would have taking any of the USC backers over Curry...

In my opinion, Heller did a better job at outside backer when he started for Curry.
Don't you mean Herring? Heller was a backup tight end a few years ago and now plays for the Lions. ;)

Reaction score
phaZe said:
#ONE said:

now plays for the Lions. ;)

much more fitting place for him

Reaction score
yes Herring played better than Curry
Heater WAY out played Tatupu(is why we should trade him now!)
did you hear Hill's name called alot this season if at all? No.

Overrated and Overpaid LB corp as stated last year.

#ONE said:

Reaction score
yeah we got way too much $ invested in our LB core.. and the second string outplayed the starters...

ain't that some shit?

Reaction score
I said when Hill was tagged "he's overrated" I love the guy don't get me wrong, but his impact I feel is more cause of who he had around him- Julian Peterson and Lofa. He has never played a full year either.

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
Last thing I heard from Mora, was he was thinking about going to 3-4. Is that why he got canned??? Any rumor/truth to that?

Reaction score
LAhawkFAN said:
Last thing I heard from Mora, was he was thinking about going to 3-4. Is that why he got canned??? Any rumor/truth to that?

LA Not sure where you heard that, but I don't think that was the case. If I recall right managment said earlier in the year "3-4 isn't even a question for our defense." Also Tod and crew said they felt that Mora just wasn't the guy. Which hurt him in the long run was their overall play in December. They looked totally different than in the earlier of the season.

Reaction score
Mora had said in a press conf a couple of weeks ago that he would be open to the 3-4 and that they would look into it in the offseason. Now he has plenty of time to look into that :)

Reaction score
There's suppose to be a news conference by Carroll at 3pm at USC and the Seahawk's official news conference tomorrow.

There are some guys jumping out and saying Carroll is destined to do horrible, let's hope that's not true.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
There's suppose to be a news conference by Carroll at 3pm at USC and the Seahawk's official news conference tomorrow.

There are some guys jumping out and saying Carroll is destined to do horrible, let's hope that's not true.

Of course, he is now part of the Seahawks organization, so people are going to say that.

Claiming he made a huge mistake and already calling it a failure...

I say.. BRING it on motherfuckers!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, talk about a long thread! Just caught up.

I totally agree with 18. When I first heard about PC I said (after a few expletives) NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Old guys like me remember his tenure with the Jets and Pats, where he went 6-10 and then 27-21, respectively, and apparently went 1-2 in the playoffs. (Gee, SO MUCH better than Holmgren, Cowher, Shanahan and even Gruden.)

ESPN showed a great graphic of the last four "college guys" who left to coach NFL teams and they all sucked, winning zero playoffs. Heck, I even think of John Robinson from the Lambs, who had to go back to college with his tail between his legs.

College football is a great game but it is NOT the same as the NFL. There's a difference. Granted, PC has more NFL under his belt than the last few of his brethren but I'm just concerned that 9 years "at school" will make him less effective, especially hiring all his college pals. I'd take him after he's coached an NFL or NFC Championship team or so and proved himself. (Maybe having coached before will help the learning curve. I hope so.)

Also think it would have been better & easier to get the GM (like Tuna, Holmgren or whoever) in place and let him pick the coach.

I'm sick of our team being the experiment, the "let's try this and see if it works" team. Like Holmie, just go and get a friggin' proven SB or playoff guy and pay for him!

My only hope now is that he doesn't sack Matt H for Matt L. If Hass has to go, fine, but NOT because of Linefart!

Top Bottom