• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mora out!!

Uncle Tomahawk

Huddler
Reaction score
"I don't know what the hell is going on over at the VMAC, but this is absurd. Almost like change just for the sake of change."

We went 5-11 and got decimated in more games than I care to remember. At least last year our games were closer and more heart was displayed. I for one am not in any position to argue with change, as you may or may not have noticed, we don't have a fucking thing to lose.

Cowher, Chucky, Carrol, Dom Imes, the midget from Willow, I don't give a flying fuck lets shake this shit up and see what happens.

Reaction score
can he do contract negotiations?
is he friends with other GM's that he can pull off a trade?

Hawk096 said:
Kirwan's very knowledgable with scouting and the NFL. He hosts a daily show on the weekdays on NFL Sirius Radio and knows what it takes to work with athletes. He's always very on que with players scouting when I listen to him and he knows what it takes to succeed in the NFL. He learned from one of the bests Gil Brandt.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I don't know what the hell is going on over at the VMAC, but this is absurd. Almost like change just for the sake of change.

i Agree...

I know we did bad this year but its not like Mora was playing like shit on the field and its not like he was responsible for finding players....

IDK.... i just think that with the team as unstable as it is right now, firing the head coach is not a good idea.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Uncle Tomahawk said:
"I don't know what the hell is going on over at the VMAC, but this is absurd. Almost like change just for the sake of change."

We went 5-11 and got decimated in more games than I care to remember. At least last year our games were closer and more heart was displayed. I for one am not in any position to argue with change, as you may or may not have noticed, we don't have a fucking thing to lose.

Cowher, Chucky, Carrol, Dom Imes, the midget from Willow, I don't give a flying fuck lets shake this shit up and see what happens.

Kind of a dumb outlook, IMO. There is something to lose, and that is screwing this franchise for the next decade. What is Pete Carroll's NFL record? He was a shitty coach. And now he wants to coach AND GM? We took that power away from a SUPER BOWL WINNER.

Absurd. And stupid.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
[quote="Uncle Tomahawk":2qpkc2s5]"I don't know what the hell is going on over at the VMAC, but this is absurd. Almost like change just for the sake of change."

Kind of a dumb outlook, IMO. There is something to lose, and that is screwing this franchise for the next decade. What is Pete Carroll's NFL record? He was a shitty coach. And now he wants to coach AND GM? We took that power away from a SUPER BOWL WINNER.

Absurd. And stupid.[/quote:2qpkc2s5]

Believe me, we can do worse then Jim Mora and Co. and I hope we are not headed down this road.
He should not wear more then 1 hat, no-one should in IMO.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
phaZe said:
Cowher? I'd rather not have the guy who coached the team that beat us in the Super Bowl.

;)

not a good reason.
Why Gruden?
11 yrs HC
He had 4 good seasons (one taking over Dungys team) and alot of crappy ones
7 seasons 9 or less wins

Cowher vs tougher conf than TB/Gruden teams
15 seasons
10 seasons with 10 + wins
6 with 9 or fewer

THANK YOU WAG!!!!!!

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
What is Pete Carroll's NFL record? He was a shitty coach. And now he wants to coach AND GM? We took that power away from a SUPER BOWL WINNER.

Absurd. And stupid.

33-31 in 4 seasons.

Reaction score
ESPN guy says we should go get Cowher to lose the soft team persona

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4808557"]Seattle Seahawks fire Jim Mora; Pete Carroll courted, sources say - ESPN[/ame]
click on Schlereth says ......

Reaction score
So does ESPN just hose us when it comes to the Rooney Rule? What black coach is gonna interview knowing PC is THE target for this team.

Reaction score
ESPN just said he isn't because he feels he won't be a serious candidate that he was contacted to fill the Rooney Rule

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
ESPN just said he isn't because he feels he won't be a serious candidate that he was contacted to fill the Rooney Rule
ESPN just said he is because he feels that he will be a serious candidate...Interview is set for tomorrow.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
PC to be hired Sunday then?

Or Monday depending when the Media can get a press conference set up.
Late tomorrow or whenever the Seahawks are done interviewing to comply with the Rooney Rule. A lot of people are saying Monday at the earliest.

Reaction score
LA Times reporting Pete Carroll hired by the Seahawks, 5-years for $35-40 million. He'll be President & Head Coach. Deal pending Rooney Rule.

That leaves the GM spot open.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
LA Times reporting Pete Carroll hired by the Seahawks, 5-years for $35-40 million. He'll be President & Head Coach. Deal pending Rooney Rule.

funny now they are going to pay a huge fine now that that got out :roll:

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
phaZe said:

funny now they are going to pay a huge fine now that that got out :roll:
The Seahawks have guys who look over these things. I'm sure they found a loop hole or the deal is just a verbal commitment. They did try to interview a minority too and will tomorrow since he decided to un-cancel the interview.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
whats going on?? Whats happening in seattle? Is everyone out drinking in celebration? Or drowning their sorrows? I am glued to NFL network, KJR (dvr'd) earliers show. Gonna drink some beers and play Madden 10 (crazy times i know..) I gotta say im excited even though I am very skeptical of having Pete as our new HC and VP!

Wow..... WOW! :shock:

What about GRUUUUUUDESSS! We need gruden!!

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I was sitting at Ci Ci's with my wife watching football replays on their TV when I got the news that Mora Jr was fired. I forgot I was in a public establishment and began cheering my ass off. When the bottom of the screen showed Leslie Frazier as one of the candidates I was high fiveing my wife like a little kid again.

Here is hoping it is not just a Rooney Rule hoax and we take him seriously. He could bring that fire to our D without switching us to a 3-4 D. Damn this was a good day, hope there is plenty more to come. :D

Top Bottom