• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mora out!!

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Frankly, though, does ANYONE care who is coaching the team as long as they win?
Exactly. If the team loses, like the Seahawks have done, people care who the coach is. When they win, they don't even think about the coach.

Reaction score
szat said:
Holgrem will always be remembered for getting us to the show to me.
He helped bring in the pieces to win. Then Ruskell overpaid one and shipped another off to Minnesota.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Let's be fair. Ruskell drafted the pieces in 2005 that put us over the top (Tatupu/Hill). He also signed Jurevicius who was instrumental that season.

It was his actions in 2006, 2007, and 2008 that sucked and landed us in the shitter.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Let's be fair. Ruskell drafted the pieces in 2005 that put us over the top (Tatupu/Hill). He also signed Jurevicius who was instrumental that season.

It was his actions in 2006, 2007, and 2008 that sucked and landed us in the shitter.
That's true, but Holmgren did bring in Jones, Alexander, Hasselbeck and Hutchinson. Those were 4 guys that definitely helped get the Hawks to the Super Bowl. Even Jerramy Stevens helped out. The addition of Trufant, Hill, Tatapu and Jurevicius helped even more.

Reaction score
Trufant wasn't a Ruskell selection he was selected in 2003 by Bob Whitsitt if not mistaken. Holmgren also played a role in his selection.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I know you guys are getting all technical and shit with the history, but I will ALWAYS remember it was Paul Allen, Tim Ruskell, and Mike Holgrem that got us to the superbowl. A superbowl team that I waited for 18 years.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb outlook, IMO. There is something to lose, and that is screwing this franchise for the next decade. What is Pete Carroll's NFL record? He was a shitty coach. And now he wants to coach AND GM? We took that power away from a SUPER BOWL WINNER.

Absurd. And stupid.

Lol

Esto Perpetua

Reaction score
My intent was not to call people out on their opinions from 4 years ago. But if that's your thing go for it.

Reaction score
But in all seriousness, there are some gems out there if you have the time to go back and mine some old threads.

I found this thread and the one re trading for Lynch interesting.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Great to read back on that. Truly we are passionate fans. We only want whats best, and whatever brings us the trophey!
Reading through the post, there wasn't one person that was "Gung ho" for Pete, but I think he won us over pretty quick.
The consensus too was he was upgrade over Mora.

Reaction score
But yeah, I was really down on him at first. I changed my opinion really early on though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom