• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock! (yeah!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;55479 said:
Uh.....He's the reason we WON a playoff game...IN fact he's the main reason we were IN the playoffs...

Uh, defense? Lynch? 12th man? Whitehurst vs. St. Louis? Not even he could beat them and yes I know his game was away but still. My friend, when you are only throwing 12 TDs and 17 INTs and getting hurt when you rush into the endzone untouched, it's time to call it a career. I love the guy and what he's done but seriously, you can't deny it's time for a serious overhaul at QB. We can't be a good team with a QB who is consistent once every 4-5 games.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, we need a QB of the future but Matthew is hardly the issue with this team....

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
12thManFan;55504 said:
Uh, defense? Lynch? 12th man? Whitehurst vs. St. Louis? Not even he could beat them and yes I know his game was away but still. My friend, when you are only throwing 12 TDs and 17 INTs and getting hurt when you rush into the endzone untouched, it's time to call it a career. I love the guy and what he's done but seriously, you can't deny it's time for a serious overhaul at QB. We can't be a good team with a QB who is consistent once every 4-5 games.

Defense gave up 35 point. Lynch had one epic run that accounted for almost exactly half of his yards. Matt threw 4 TDs. No one else is going to be as good for this team as Matt, plus he really understands the position and would be a great mentor.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Tonos pick another number, 19 has already been taken,

Available numbers: 3, 6, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Hasselbeck had a great playoffs hard to argue with 7 TD's to 1 INT. In the last three regular seasons he has been pretty bad.

I know on here with all the Hasselbeck homers you can't diss him at all but 34 TD's to 44 INT's the last three years isn't good.

Also the ONLY reason we made the playoffs had nothing to do with Hasselbeck but more so our weak division. First 7-9 team to ever make the playoffs any other division we sit home wondering what happened yet again. We went 4-2 in our crappy division meaning we were 3-7 outside our division. In any other division this team goes 4-12 or 5-11 again. The last three years outside the NFC West we are 6-24 and 1-14 on the road.

I think winning the division was great and the playoffs but I fear people forget how bad we were.

Since everyone loves to quote QB records Hasselbeck also in the last three years is just 12-23. I'd almost wait til after the draft when everyone else has a QB and trade for Kevin Kolb. I think Kolb is the real deal and we might be kicking ourselves for not going after him.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hasselbeck homers

Was that directed at me? Duh....I look at the body of work....It's not Matthew's fault his OL sucked and they couldn't run the ball....Wasn't his fault he had to CARRY a team that was trailing by so many points so often, hence the INTs....

But I forgot....Jake Locker is a future HOFer....We NEED his GREATNESS.....pssssshhhh

Kolb---yeah....I'd take him in a second...But we aren't going to get him....We don't have the kind of offers to put out there that Arizona or Minnesota does....

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
No one is saying Matt is going to be a pro bowler, we're saying he's better than any other option.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
This goes back on Ruskell for not drafting a replacement for Hasselbeck, Alexander and Jones like every other well ran franchise.

At times Hasselbeck looks great but at other times he throws some picks and has some games that makes you go WTF?!

I'm all for bringing Hasselbeck back as long as everyone realizes the 2008-2010 Hasselbeck is most likely going to show up than the 2003-2007 Hasselbeck.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't want Kolb, at least not for the price they want for him. The guy started 5 games this year and his numbers are completely pedestrian and he had some really good weapons on that team. What happens when he comes to a far inferior Seattle team? No thanks.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Ok NOW someone is saying he'll be a pro bowler. I suppose its possible if he has time to throw and John Carlson has a resurgence. Tate and Butler can be awesome weapons, I KILL with them in Madden lol.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
AND most importantly if we can run the ball consistantly and effectively. Matt is good on play action.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;55593 said:
AND most importantly if we can run the ball consistantly and effectively. Matt is good on play action.

It all starts upfront. If Matt has time to throw and beastmode has even a slight hole its game over. You saw what they did to NO when the line player a good game. Draft OL or go home!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom