• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ken Griffey Jr

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
We can sit and poke and read rumors all day, we know what people say, and we know what has been goin on. Branyan is the one that talked to JR. They let Tug go to bring in a pitcher from the brewers Pena. They had one of the sprint invitees move lockers to open up jr's original locker from his days in seattle, people say alot of things, but actions speak louder than words, and we all know that Seattle is the best place for Jr to play almost full time. Atlanta wont gain anything out of bringing him there, his Defense is not there anymore. So now i guess we just have to wait.

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Atlanta GM Frank Wren said on ESPN today he expects a deal by Wed at the latest.......Chipper Jones is talking to Jr to help sway him....

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
contract in the works as we speak......man I hate being right all the time! :?

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
Junior needs to realize that his legs arent going to hold up playing the field, he's gonna make raul look amazing out there hahah.

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
SIS-
How about them Pirates?!

How about them? They have 5 World Series Rings and the best stadium in baseball...

Were you talking about the past 16 years? Oh, lol....i just fall back on the Steelers Super Bowl wins to cheer me up..... :D

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Opps....
Mark Bowman of MLB.com writes that he'd be "shocked" if Ken Griffey Jr. doesn't sign with the Braves.
Bowman speculates that the Braves could announce the re-signing of Tom Glavine and signing of Griffey during the same press conference Wednesday. Griffey appeared to be on the verge of returning to Seattle just a couple days ago, but Atlanta apparently stepped up with a more lucrative offer. Feb. 17 - 11:11 am et
Source: MLB.com

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If Griffey signs with the Braves, it will just back up what I thought of him ever since he whined his way out of Seattle - he is just like any other pro athlete and no better than A-Rod for leaving.

OP
S
Reaction score
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... iffey.html

Yeah it sounds like him going to the Braves is a done deal. Any offense that he brings to Atlanta will be nullified by his terrible defense in the outfield.

I'm done with Griffey. He had his chance to come back and he turned it down. Apparently all the stuff he said last summer was a bunch of BS.

Reaction score
If he does sign with Atlanta I would look at putting him at 1st base. His bat is there, but it's obvious he can't play in the field. Look I don't want to offend anyone, but if he takes more money to go to Atlanta (if they offer more) then I think he truly just wants the money. I know he has family connections, but Jr face it either your going to get hurt or you won't start many games. Maybe used as a pinch hitter. That shows me you just wanted the money and not to play. Now maybe (don't take this wrong either) he wants to win one and feels Atlanta offers that the best, but he had a pretty good oppurtunity with the M's. DHing gives you mainly 4 at-bats a game. Rests him up also come interleague maybe he could play a little in the field. But who knows? I thought the more logical choice was Seattle, but hey what do I know?

S

Seattlehawk94

I hope he fucking tears his ACL, MLC, and breaks his kneecap...I hate that motherfucker..

When I get home today I'm going to my wall, removing my framed autographed game jersey, then I'm going to soak it in lighter fluid and burn it....Fuck that son of a bitch...If I can get it recorded I'll post it..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I knew he was a POS. People around here hate A-Rod for leaving, but at least he left purely as a free agent and not whining his way out.

Griffey can rot.

S

Seattlehawk94

Hell no...

Fool me once...Shame on you....Fool me twice shame on me...

Top Bottom