• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ken Griffey Jr

Reaction score
There's more and more talk about whether the M's should bring Junior back. People seem to be passionately for it, or passionately against it.

Arguments for bringing him back:
- Increase revenue for a crappy team
- He'd be a left handed power bat that the M's desperately need
- He's Ken Griffey Jr and we're the Seattle Mariners, it just seems right

Arguments against bringing him back:
- He's not The Kid anymore and would take playing time away from younger guys
- People want to remember him as the All-Universe center fielder, not an injury prone part time player
- We need to focus on rebuilding the 2009 team, not living in the past

Personally, I'm torn on this. Having Griffey would definitely make this terrible team a little more exciting to watch. Plus he's by far my favorite professional athlete. But I also understand some of the arguments against it. The last time I saw him in an M's jersey he was one of the best in the game, and seeing him suck would, well, suck. Also, if he's still got some left in the tank, I would rather see him win a championship then play meaningless games on a bad team.

Reaction score
ESPN Insider's rumors say Scott Boras is pitching Garrett Anderson to the Mariners. That would be interesting to see if the ex-Angel would sign with the M's.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen that one too. They are basically the same player, and we could probably get them for about the same price. So if we were going to get one or the other, I would without a doubt choose Griffey.

S

Seattlehawk94

What is my sig every damn summer?

BRING JR HOME!

Fuck Bore-ass and all his roided up clients, the guy is an asshole...He's the baseball version of Drew Rosenhaus, I hate those dudes and all they stand for....There is a special place in hell for those sons of bitches and their money grubbing ilk..

Reaction score
I want Junior back. He will bring in lots of money from merchandise and will help out with power.

Junior uniforms will be flying off the racks. :D

S

Seattlehawk94

Cole said:
The Mariners are fucking horrible... It's gonna take more than Jr.! :lol:

Do tell us Cole who is your team?

Houston Assholes? The team that once wore unis that looked like a gay pride flag?

Texas Rangers? LOLOLOLOL The team that's 1-9 in Division Series Games?

Please...Tell, we are curious...

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't really brag about that...

To a bunch of Washington denizens? Perhaps not. But we have the pieces to make a run for the series... Just like the seemingly glorious year of 2005 when all of my teams were blossoming.

Reaction score
The Astros have some pieces in place... They kind of took a step back when they traded for Tejada though. I can maybe see them in the wild card hunt next year... Milwaukee's window is pretty much gone. That being said the Braves, Mets, Marlins, Phillies, Cardinals, Cubs, Diamondbacks, and Dodgers are all teams that I would currently consider better so I think contending is all they'll do unless you guys can some how acquire Jake Peavy.

S

Seattlehawk94

No, to most people...

The Assholes are a ho-hum team that's always okay but never really great...They are the Minnesota Viqueens of MLB..

Reaction score
hey now who woulda thought the Rays would finish 1st last year... could the Pirates be the Rays this year? I doubt it, but anythings possible in the MLB and sports world!

Reaction score
No, the pirates don't have enough young talent... They do have some, but not near as much stock-piled as the Rays had.

S

Seattlehawk94

Cole said:
Well, better than being the Raiders of the MLB... lol The Butt Pirates ( Mariners ) always suck!

Uh...How are the M's the "Raiders"? I don't see the connection...

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay... I'll try again... The Raiders always suck... the Sailors always suck... Are you unable to grasp that, or...?

S

Seattlehawk94

The Raiders won 3 Superbowls so no...I don't get the comparison...

Reaction score
Cole said:
Well, better than being the Raiders of the MLB... lol The Butt Pirates ( Mariners ) always suck!

Maybe you should think of your smack the first time you post something.

We've sucked (for exception of like 2 seasons when we were alright) since 2002. I'll give you that, but we don't always suck.... Pittsburgh has been pathetic for quite some time now.

Top Bottom