• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ken Griffey Jr

S

Seattlehawk94

One more thing to mention...Junior is 320 hits from 3,000...If he get's 170 he'd be within 150 of doing it...I don't see him leaving if he's that close to 3,000..

HR #2 will be his 400th as a Mariner extending his own franchise record.

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
Heyyyyyy!!!! im back like a vertabre.
well heres what i heard, theres allready a deal on the table, just waiting for the two sides to be ok with it.
bringin the kid back is all about marketing, he sucks against lefties and he'd basically be the DH when we are facing RHP.
But he's my fav player of all time so bring his ass back i say!

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
what are the braves gonna do? griffey cant play the outfield anymore, he's slow as dirt, it'll be like sending edgar out there. His bad knee will prevent him from playin full time, so what better than a DH position, he'll probably end up gettin hurt.

OP
S
Reaction score
I thought this Atlanta thing was just his agent trying to get more money out of Seattle but it's starting to look an actual possibility. Personally I think Atlanta signing Griffey is a terrible deal for them. The M's getting Griffey as a DH for $3-4 mil is worth it, Atlanta getting Griffey as an everyday outfielder for $5 mil is stupid.

Hawksfan1983

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya the braves have a solid offer out on the table, plus his daughter plays for a team out of atlanta, and his son plays football in orlando so i dont think he wants to be in seattle while all this is goin on....so i guess now we gotta wait.

Reaction score
I've heard that one of the new M's has talked to Griffey and has said that Griffey wants to return to Seattle. I've also heard Griffey has been talking about it throughout the off-season.

His family doesn't have to move up here either, they can stay down in the Georgia/Florida area while he plays up in Seattle. After all, he's been playing for the Reds and that isn't in the Atlanta area.

S

Seattlehawk94

He's not signed with Atlanta...

He's going to come back here this season as an M...Two reasons, he's not going to platoon in the OF and he'll be in the lineup all the time as a LF/DH here.

He's coming back here...This "Griffey to the Braves" crap started on some Atlanta blog and none of the people who've commented have anything to do with Jr....

Here's a tidbit....Junior is in Peoria right now as we speak...Why would he be in Peoria when camp is about to open? Why wouldn't he be home in Orlando (where the Braves train as well)?

Think about it...

Reaction score
I think Griffey would have loved to to go the Braves 5 years ago, but he is almost 40 and knows that his career is pretty much done. The Braves haven't even given a contract offer which shows it's all rumors. The Mariners have offered him a contract and I wouldn't be surprised if Griffey agrees to the deal in the next few days.

I need to buy a Griffey uniform soon...:D

"I am still talking to the Mariners," agent Brian Goldberg said Friday afternoon, "and I'm keeping the information to a minimum with Junior while he's playing in the Pro-Am tournament."

..and holy crap, look at Silva's new look:
JmwSHCTb.jpg

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
Peter Gammons just confirmed Griffey will sign with Hotlanta.....

First Sid Bream scores the winning run to beat Pittsburgh for the NL pennant then they steal Griffey from Seattle! Ugh.... :eek:

S

Seattlehawk94

I talked to someone in the media and Junior is staying in the same hotel as he is...The ARIZONA Biltmore.

Reaction score
SIS don't know where you see that bout Gammons. Just checked ESPN.com there is noting. In fact according to rotoworld the M's designated DH Tug Hulett. Which I find pretty interesting. I still don't think Jr. will sign with the Braves.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
SIS don't know where you see that bout Gammons. Just checked ESPN.com there is noting. In fact according to rotoworld the M's designated DH Tug Hulett. Which I find pretty interesting. I still don't think Jr. will sign with the Braves.
Tug Hulett was designated because the Mariners acquired a new pitcher from the Brewers...I forgot his name though.

S

Seattlehawk94

Let me put it to you this way....

There are two locker spaces in the corner in Peoria opened up that used to be Junior's Locker, they just the people that were in them today...

Hmmmm...

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
It's all conspiracy theories....I have a buddy staying at the Sheridan and he informed me that Griffey/Goldberg will sign with the Braves and the Mariners will sign Garett Anderson or Jim Edmonds.
Griffey's dream of playing for Bobby Cox has finally happened. He said on a local radio show that Seattle is actually his third choice behind Atlanta or resigning with contending Chicago White Sox.

Top Bottom