• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 Free Agency

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45546 said:
Yeah not bad either! I can't wait until July I'll be down there until end of August!

Thats the best time down here. Im not too used to the humidity though being from washington lol

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah I can imagine. I love hot weather and high humidity.

We are exactly two hours now away from the kick-off of the 2010 Free Agency.

Among some news so far:
-Texans appear uninterested in RB Chester Taylor. I expect Seattle to make a run at Taylor and possibly land him.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
According to the St. Pioneer Press Chester Taylor is expected to sign a contract within the first 48 hours of Free Agency.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45549 said:
According to the St. Pioneer Press Chester Taylor is expected to sign a contract within the first 48 hours of Free Agency.

With Seattle?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
No word yet. According to CBA rules he can't talk to Seattle until 12:01 a.m. anything before then is tampering.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45551 said:
No word yet. According to CBA rules he can't talk to Seattle until 12:01 a.m. anything before then is tampering.

Oh ok...if they sign taylor do you still see them gettin spiller at 14 or best at 40? probably more likely to get best at 40? carroll does like multiple backs and i would like the dup of taylor and best over taylor and forsett. all though forsett would still get some carries.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
According to Carroll he is content with the Seahawks RB right now. He has said Julius Jones fills his scheme in Seattle, but I do believe they are going to upgrade. If we lad Chester Taylor I don't expect them to take Spiller.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45554 said:
According to Carroll he is content with the Seahawks RB right now. He has said Julius Jones fills his scheme in Seattle, but I do believe they are going to upgrade. If we lad Chester Taylor I don't expect them to take Spiller.

Ya if we signed taylor and drafted spiller i would be a little upset because we could upgrade another position or fill a hole with that 14 pick. what about best at 40?

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Spiller won't fall to 40. Drafting a RB at 40... only if we fill the need of LT and DT (if switching to 3-4). Otherwise I don't see RB as our top priority heading into the draft.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45556 said:
Spiller won't fall to 40. Drafting a RB at 40... only if we fill the need of LT and DT (if switching to 3-4). Otherwise I don't see RB as our top priority heading into the draft.

i was saying jahvid best at 40. a lot of mocks have him dropping to us there. he ran the fastest 40 of any rb at the combine and is an explosive back like spiller

Reaction score
Why the hell are we going to sign a 30 year old back?!! - Taylor will be 31 in sept.

We need fresh young legs... we need a POUNDER... a power back.

We already have a shifty agile back in forsett, but need a strong guy to compliment him!

I am not saying I would mind if we landed spiller or best, but if we go after running back, I don't think we go after the undersized speed guys, we need to focus on a big back.

Reaction score
Plus our line was garbage last year, even if we improve it a bit through FA and draft, it's not going to be a dominant line over night. So those little fast backs won't have a chance to show of their "talent"...

you need a guy that can lay a LB on his ass and pick up some hard yards!!!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
The thing that intrigued me about Taylor is yes he's 30, but he has never been the main guy. Unlike Alexander and LT he's always shared the load. I think that has helped him in the long run and I could see him producing 3-5 more years of successful football.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45561 said:
The thing that intrigued me about Taylor is yes he's 30, but he has never been the main guy. Unlike Alexander and LT he's always shared the load. I think that has helped him in the long run and I could see him producing 3-5 more years of successful football.

Ya because of him not getting near as many carries as other backs that you mentioned as early in his career im not too worried about his age. I think he will produce at a high level being the feature back.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45565 said:
Just spoke to Danny O'Neill he doesn't expect Seattle to make a run at Taylor.

Thats a little disappointing. If they dont make a run for him i see them taking Best with their 40th pick

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Computer is on but I will be stepping away for a little bit. Need to go get some coffee to get me through the night!

Any questions or anything on FA ask and I'll answer when I return!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
back with 20 minutes to spare...

First thing I see RavensInsider Twitter is saying Seattle has interest in Brandon Marshall.

Top Bottom