• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 Free Agency

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
With Seneca Wallace now traded the Seahawks have a new hole to fill:
A back-up QB that knows the system. With a new system being run in Seattle it makes you wonder exactly what they will do. There is no free agent QB that has a track record with one of the coach's. So it looks like either they will draft or possibly make a run for veteran type of guy that can come in and learn the system if need be.

Also Tyler Brayton will be meeting with Seattle today instead of the Monday as reported.

Reaction score
Hawk096;45872 said:
With Seneca Wallace now traded the Seahawks have a new hole to fill:
A back-up QB that knows the system. With a new system being run in Seattle it makes you wonder exactly what they will do. There is no free agent QB that has a track record with one of the coach's. So it looks like either they will draft or possibly make a run for veteran type of guy that can come in and learn the system if need be.

Also Tyler Brayton will be meeting with Seattle today instead of the Monday as reported.

Mike Teel.... i know he isnt proven but he had some good pre-season games i am interested in seeing what he can do.....

also he played good at Rutgers.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Eric-
I was thinking Teel too. Just unsure if Carroll will want to bring in his own guy. That's one of the many problems with Mora I had. I think the final three games we should have seen Teel more. See if he truly is our future or has the potential to be a quality back-up in the NFL.

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I am totally confused by what we have done so far in free agency. I realize that this is a long process and we are in the midst of a new regime taking over the helm but just sitting down and talking with guys that, to us, would be assets to the Seahawks, just doesn't seem like enough.

Burleson goes, Wallace is traded. And still no action on signing anyone to either take their place on the roster or fill any of the other glaring holes we have.

We went from needing o line help and secondary help to now needing o line help, secondary help, a back-up qb and another wr. Seems like for the extreme step forward we took getting rid of Mora and Ruskell and getting Carroll and Company, we are taking an equally extreme step backwards by doing nothing right now.

I know it's early. And I do have faith. I just want something positive to come out of all this. And something positive BEFORE the draft. I don't want to go into draft day still needing to fill holes in our line-ups.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Free Agency has appeared to be pretty quiet. Not sure how much the un-cap has to do with that, but it seems like since Friday not many signings have been made. The Seahawks are bringing guys in, but not getting them signed. Not sure if it has to do with players wanting to make all their rounds like TJ did last year.

Given Schneider's history in Green Bay they always went more through the draft than the Free Agency. I know Carroll is the head guy, but his college knowledge also might lead me to believe that to be the case. They may add role players through free agency, but go for impact players in the draft.

Remember though Free Agency is just five days into the works also.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
How about this... Sal Paolantono a former Eagle Beat Writer has said the Seahawks have been "non-stop" contacting the Eagles about Kevin Kolb and Donovan McNabb. He was doing a segment on ESPN Radio and said that he thinks McNabb will be traded at some point in the off-season, but doesn't think they will part with Kolb.
Given all that if this is true fire with your thoughts!

I love McNabb (as a Syracuse fan shocker I know LOL), but he's the same age as Hasselbeck and truthfully has done the same things as Hasselbeck- except led his team to the Conference Title more times. So why trade for someone whose the same age and also has injury problems as well. I think the McNabb interest might be trying to drive the price up in case the Cardinals make a run at him. I think they are more interested in Kolb and I wouldn't mind making a deal involving Kolb for the right price.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
The pick the Seahawks have received from Cleveland for Wallace is a 7th rounder, but if he reaches a certain amount of playing time (unsure how much will be needed) it could turn into a 6th round pick.

Reaction score
Hawk096;45880 said:
Eric-
I was thinking Teel too. Just unsure if Carroll will want to bring in his own guy. That's one of the many problems with Mora I had. I think the final three games we should have seen Teel more. See if he truly is our future or has the potential to be a quality back-up in the NFL.

I hope that was why he was fired. Mora would rather play a old injured vet on a 5-11 team vs finding a young guy to save your contract and improve the team for the long run.

Reaction score
Hawk096;45933 said:
How about this... Sal Paolantono a former Eagle Beat Writer has said the Seahawks have been "non-stop" contacting the Eagles about Kevin Kolb and Donovan McNabb. He was doing a segment on ESPN Radio and said that he thinks McNabb will be traded at some point in the off-season, but doesn't think they will part with Kolb.
Given all that if this is true fire with your thoughts!

I love McNabb (as a Syracuse fan shocker I know LOL), but he's the same age as Hasselbeck and truthfully has done the same things as Hasselbeck- except led his team to the Conference Title more times. So why trade for someone whose the same age and also has injury problems as well. I think the McNabb interest might be trying to drive the price up in case the Cardinals make a run at him. I think they are more interested in Kolb and I wouldn't mind making a deal involving Kolb for the right price.
How much would it take to get Kolb though? And I agree about McNabb, he is basically the same as Hasselbeck.

HAWKSFAN21

Huddler
Reaction score
With all the rumors of guys coming in to talk with us the only players i would even care to sign would be Mike Bell RB/Saints, and i guess all though will never happen Kolb. Other then those two maybe Ben Watson just to have a decent back up tight end. Regarding Marshall unless we get marshall and a 3rd rounder this year and give up the 14th not the 6th. that would be the only way i would want him and even then i wouldnt want to put up with all his baggage. i personally would rather draft dez bryant. Cheaper and could be just as good. I also heard that Charlie whitehurst is coming into talk i swear if we sign that guy i might have to gouge my eyes out. dude was horrible at clemson and im sure he hasnt gotten any better. all in all i think anyone worth picking up in FA is already gone. kind of nervous what team is going to look like this year.

Reaction score
Maybe we are trying to play for the number 1 pick next year to get our QB

HAWKSFAN21;45994 said:
With all the rumors of guys coming in to talk with us the only players i would even care to sign would be Mike Bell RB/Saints, and i guess all though will never happen Kolb. Other then those two maybe Ben Watson just to have a decent back up tight end. Regarding Marshall unless we get marshall and a 3rd rounder this year and give up the 14th not the 6th. that would be the only way i would want him and even then i wouldnt want to put up with all his baggage. i personally would rather draft dez bryant. Cheaper and could be just as good. I also heard that Charlie whitehurst is coming into talk i swear if we sign that guy i might have to gouge my eyes out. dude was horrible at clemson and im sure he hasnt gotten any better. all in all i think anyone worth picking up in FA is already gone. kind of nervous what team is going to look like this year.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Seahawks just want Kolb which would cost us our 2 1st-round picks. Don't expect Kolb to be a Seahawk. As for McNabb they're not truly interested in him from what I'm hearing. He would only cost a first-round pick and another mid-round pick.

Reaction score
Hawk096;46045 said:
Seahawks just want Kolb which would cost us our 2 1st-round picks. Don't expect Kolb to be a Seahawk. As for McNabb they're not truly interested in him from what I'm hearing. He would only cost a first-round pick and another mid-round pick.
Kolb for 2 first round pick? The Seahawks could get Brandon Marshall and a good OT already in the league for that price.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I agree phaze, but that's what the Eagles view him as. They know he's their QB of their future and don't want to part ways with him. I don't blame them. Seattle most likely won't offer that to Philly, but maybe if they are serious about him offer the 14th pick this year and a third or second next year with conditions to turn it into a first or second round pick.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks are really interested in Charlie Whitehurst from The Chargers, we would need a third rounder to get him though

Reaction score
sigpro;46050 said:
The Seahawks are really interested in Charlie Whitehurst from The Chargers, we would need a third rounder to get him though
3rd rounder for a 3rd stringer? I'd say he's worth a 5th at best.

Top Bottom