• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2010 Free Agency

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Ok I just got this report off of Profootballtalk.com that there are reports that Seattle could be making a big push for DE Julius Peppers. I will be waiting to see if we have a scheduled meeting with him and how true these reports are.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45511 said:
Ok I just got this report off of Profootballtalk.com that there are reports that Seattle could be making a big push for DE Julius Peppers. I will be waiting to see if we have a scheduled meeting with him and how true these reports are.

Normally I would say that he is going to cost too much but with the uncapped year next year if this happened I would be going nuts! This would instantly help our pass rush and with curry coming off the ends in carrolls new scheme this would create a lot of havoc for offensive lines! It would also mean that we wouldnt have to worry about signing a DE in the draft and could focus on filling other holes. I would really love this to happen...but its just talks as of now. Im excited to see how this plays out

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
According to the reports there is no word on if it's official or just a writers opinion with an article.

I will say this about the Peppers. I don't think he's worth the value he's asking for. I do think he would help our pass attack, but he's getting older. He has also stated he only wants to play for a 3-4 team so if this is true it looks like the switch is starting to be planned for.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45514 said:
According to the reports there is no word on if it's official or just a writers opinion with an article.

I will say this about the Peppers. I don't think he's worth the value he's asking for. I do think he would help our pass attack, but he's getting older. He has also stated he only wants to play for a 3-4 team so if this is true it looks like the switch is starting to be planned for.

Ya I would say if they are looking to pursue him then thats the way they want to go. With a guy like Peppers on the end and the linebacker core we already have, we are a big NT away from a very good 3-4 defense

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Possible Jamal Williams formerly of the Chargers would be a good fit at DT if we switch to a 3-4.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45518 said:
Possible Jamal Williams formerly of the Chargers would be a good fit at DT if we switch to a 3-4.

That would be a great fit and i would like to see that as well. Dont know if they will pursue both though but we will see. Free agency is almost here im gettin excited!

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Me too! For the next couple of hours I'll be relaxing until I will be up following the news and rumors late tonight! Be sure to check the blog for up-to-date news on the Seahawks.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45521 said:
Me too! For the next couple of hours I'll be relaxing until I will be up following the news and rumors late tonight! Be sure to check the blog for up-to-date news on the Seahawks.

Will do thanks for the updates really appreciate it!

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
This would all be great, BUT if we dont get some serious help in the secondary were screwed either way!!!!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk30;45534 said:
This would all be great, BUT if we dont get some serious help in the secondary were screwed either way!!!!

I agree...i think they will definitely sign another good corner in free agency. I think Eric Berry will drop to them and if he does he is a guy that completely solidifies this defense (considering we sign these guys in free agency). If they dont feel he is going to drop, Atogwe is a possible guy to get from the Rams. Im not quite sure what they are doing with him but from what i read they may let him test the market. He is a great safety.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I just read they placed the lowest tender on him meaning they have the chance to mathch any offer he receives when he tests the market. This should be a familiar situation seeing this is how we lost Hutch after 05 to the Vikings. Would be nice to do the same to a division rival.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
According to NFL executives Seahawks are one of the teams to watch. So it looks like we will be pretty active come Free Agency in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I am starting to get my sites ready and if you would like we can get a chat going if anyone will be on!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45537 said:
According to NFL executives Seahawks are one of the teams to watch. So it looks like we will be pretty active come Free Agency in 2 hours and 20 minutes. I am starting to get my sites ready and if you would like we can get a chat going if anyone will be on!

I have school in the morning and am on eastern time so ill have to wait until tomorrow probably...although its gonna be hard for me to sleep wondering whats going on haha

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;45538 said:
I have school in the morning and am on eastern time so ill have to wait until tomorrow probably...although its gonna be hard for me to sleep wondering whats going on haha

Where Eastern Coast? I live in NY.

I am on the chat now. Any questions join...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45540 said:
Where Eastern Coast? I live in NY.

I am on the chat now. Any questions join...

I was born and raised in Tacoma, Wa but im goin to school in Florida right now.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Ok I've never been to Seattle I do want to live there after I graduate college. I consider FL my second home have a house down there and go down twice a year.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45542 said:
Ok I've never been to Seattle I do want to live there after I graduate college. I consider FL my second home have a house down there and go down twice a year.

I like Florida...mainly for the weather. I live in Central Florida though so its not as nice as the coasts. Seattle is great, it does rain a lot but the spriing and summers make up for it. Its beautiful and people are very nice. im definitely going back to washington after i graduate.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Yeah our house is in Orlando. If I don't live in Seattle it's where I would like to live. Perfect half-way between the beach and Tampa (sports center of that area in my mind).

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45544 said:
Yeah our house is in Orlando. If I don't live in Seattle it's where I would like to live. Perfect half-way between the beach and Tampa (sports center of that area in my mind).

Ya i like Tampa alot...that and the clearwater area.

Top Bottom