• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

This place looks dead. What happened? I'm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
OMFinG!!!
RAMSASS, ROBDOG, IRISH, BOB, And the whole bandwagon! Nothing like a "this forum is dead" thread to liven things up around here!
If we got a "hell yeah" from the dark lord himself that would pretty much put a bow on it...

ANd where the hell is #One been? He probably hasnt even sobered up from the ALAMO yet, even if it wasnt "A BCS BOWL" game.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Folks just need to get off the fence and post , quit lurking and join in. I know Robdog really wants this place to grow and he's made some changes to get us going in the right direction . It's a new year , we've got a great team , let's enjoy it and move on .

Free Brandon Browner

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
No its not. Its the opinion of the oddsmaker that compared to all other teams the Seahawks are viewed as having the best shot at winning it all. Its no technicality its odds making which is a compromise between generating more betting while not having to go bankrupt through high pay outs.

I don't think you have a clue about what I meant about it being a technicality. I was saying I was making a technicality and what I said was true. 9-5 odds are almost 2-1 against. Which means, TECHNICALLY, they aren't "expected" to win it. They have the best odds, yes, but that's not the same thing as being expected to win it.

And you failed to answer my original question. When you talk about making excuses, excuses aren't given for the winning side. The Hawks and their fans didn't need excuses for winning that game against the Packers. The Packers and their fans made excuses as to why the Packers lost. That's how it works. So basically, what you originally implied about Seahawk fans having an out of proportion habit of making excuses is pure BS. It's pure bias and nothing more.

That game and its outcome had absolutely zero relevance anyway. The Packers still hang their hat on the fact that they should have won that game and they are still whining and bitching about it, ad nauseum. As it turned out, it had zero effect on playoff seeding: it would have been the same regardless of who won that game. The Packers were fortunate they played that game against the Hawks in Week 3, before the Hawks were even a good team. If they had played them in say, Week 15, the Hawks would have blown them out of the stadium. The Hawks were the better team in '12 and they are the better team now. And that's all that matters.

Reaction score
OMFinG!!!
RAMSASS, ROBDOG, IRISH, BOB, And the whole bandwagon! Nothing like a "this forum is dead" thread to liven things up around here!
If we got a "hell yeah" from the dark lord himself that would pretty much put a bow on it...

ANd where the hell is #One been? He probably hasnt even sobered up from the ALAMO yet, even if it wasnt "A BCS BOWL" game.
I've been here bro. What was there to sober up from? lol

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
When you talk about making excuses, excuses aren't given for the winning side. The Hawks and their fans didn't need excuses for winning that game against the Packers. The Packers and their fans made excuses as to why the Packers lost. That's how it works. So basically, what you originally implied about Seahawk fans having an out of proportion habit of making excuses is pure BS. It's pure bias and nothing more.

Excuses when winning by that total complete BS call are warranted. You merely prove my point by defending the indefensible. Proud day for you.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Excuses when winning by that total complete BS call are warranted. You merely prove my point by defending the indefensible. Proud day for you.
Jeez, it seems you might be having issues comprehending stuff. Did I ever say anything about it being the correct call? No.
But since you brought it up, I'll say this: it sure as hell wasn't the "worst call in NFL history" like a lot of people are saying. You could break the play down objectively and see what I mean. The no call on the OPI is where the refs blew it. But once they did, it became irrelevant on the review because that part of the play was non-reviewable.
Then comes the play on the ball. Initially, Jennings had better positioning and elevation on the ball but by the time his feet touched the ground, it was a different story. So concerning the play on the ball itself, the correct call was made on the field and it was confirmed by the replay officials. Not by replacement replay officials, but the real ones.

But like I said before, I couldn't have cared less either way how the call went. The Seahawks won the game and it ultimately had no affect on playoff seeding. The Packers didn't lose it on a blown call, they lost it because they only managed to put 12 points on the board. Same deal with the Hawks in Super Bowl 40, a loss for the Hawks I never pinned on the refs even though there were a shitload of crap calls in that game.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
And the last man standing is still the last man standing...bad calls or not.

I would LLLOOOOOVEEE to give GB another shot here at the clink, but I'm afraid collarbone boy will be broken by two amazing defenses, 49ers or Caroline... ouch!

Reaction score
I would LLLOOOOOVEEE to give GB another shot here at the clink, but I'm afraid collarbone boy will be broken by two amazing defenses, 49ers or Caroline... ouch!

Unless Philly also wins, then GB comes here after facing only one of those defenses.

OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm nursing, mid week new years suck.
Jeez, it seems you might be having issues comprehending stuff. Did I ever say anything about it being the correct call? No.
But since you brought it up, I'll say this: it sure as hell wasn't the "worst call in NFL history" like a lot of people are saying. You could break the play down objectively and see what I mean. The no call on the OPI is where the refs blew it. But once they did, it became irrelevant on the review because that part of the play was non-reviewable.
Then comes the play on the ball. Initially, Jennings had better positioning and elevation on the ball but by the time his feet touched the ground, it was a different story. So concerning the play on the ball itself, the correct call was made on the field and it was confirmed by the replay officials. Not by replacement replay officials, but the real ones.

But like I said before, I couldn't have cared less either way how the call went. The Seahawks won the game and it ultimately had no affect on playoff seeding. The Packers didn't lose it on a blown call, they lost it because they only managed to put 12 points on the board. Same deal with the Hawks in Super Bowl 40, a loss for the Hawks I never pinned on the refs even though there were a shitload of crap calls in that game.

So thats your standard. Its not the worst call ever. Plus you're justifying the call! So did Pete! Proud day. The issue is having a team (especially the team) and fan base (for too many, excuse being they felt they were owed the call) at the time unwilling to say the call was a farce. I have the NFL network and I remember what was played in interviews and so do other teams fans. Again, proud day. Odd reasoning about the Packers not winning because they only scored 12 points since I thought the game ended on that 'TD'. That call to me was Cowboysesque.

Last edited:
OP
R

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

You have to wonder how well he's healed especially against those defenses. I think its 49ers and Seahawks for the NFC title. NFC fortunes look to be governed by strong defenses this year. Could make for a great super bowl.

S

Seattlehawk94

"hell yeah"

Seig Heil Ida...hahaha..Don't you have to have followers to be a dictator though?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Seattlehawk94

Why did Nick lose his permissions? Man...Regime change happens quick around these parts..

Night of the Long Knives style...

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Like in the Godfather...it's better to do these things all at once. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom