• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports Brandon Marshal to Hawks

Reaction score
Reports currently are:
Seahawks receive: Brandon Marshall
Broncos receive: Seahawks 2nd and 4th round picks of the 2010 NFL Draft.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45660 said:
Reports currently are:
Seahawks receive: Brandon Marshall
Broncos receive: Seahawks 2nd and 4th round picks of the 2010 NFL Draft.

I would be all for that trade as well. If thats the case its looking like they are wanting to put branch in the slot with housh and marshall on the outsides.

Reaction score
Branch still could be tried to trade. I just spoke with Mike Sando and he pointed out the only problem with this is then we don't have a pick in the 2-4 rounds. I don't think any teams would be willing to give one of their picks for Branch, but I could see them trying.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45666 said:
Branch still could be tried to trade. I just spoke with Mike Sando and he pointed out the only problem with this is then we don't have a pick in the 2-4 rounds. I don't think any teams would be willing to give one of their picks for Branch, but I could see them trying.
Ya that is a big gap with no picks and potential players that could fill holes. I would hope we put some kind of package together for a 2-4 round pick if this goes dow..

Jipsu

Huddler
Reaction score
According to Seattle Times, compensation for Brandon Marshall is our #6 Overall Pick.

We have so much needs to fill, please don't spend draft picks foolishly !!!
We don't need Marshall

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Jipsu;45668 said:
According to Seattle Times, compensation for Brandon Marshall is our #6 Overall Pick.

We have so much needs to fill, please don't spend draft picks foolishly !!!
We don't need Marshall
Everyone knows thats what the compensation is. It can and will be renegotiated if we get Marshall. Read the whole post...it is likely we will trade our 2nd and 4th rd. picks for him.

Reaction score
Yeah they are working on trades right now it appears. I think we keep our first rounds and give the 2nd and 4th. Only problem is that leaves us without picks in rounds 2-4.

ByeMarshall

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45670 said:
Yeah they are working on trades right now it appears. I think we keep our first rounds and give the 2nd and 4th. Only problem is that leaves us without picks in rounds 2-4.

And why would Denver agree to that? If Seattle signs that tender Denver gets the 6th pick.

If Seattle really wants Marshall why would Denver deal with them? What does Denver gain? Its the first day of free agency why would they jump for something lesser than the tender. Lets be clear Seattle has no advantage in this Denver holds all the cards. They could offer Marshall as much money as they want if Denver wants that 6th pick they just wait for a week to go by and they get it.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
personally i think giving up our 6th pick wouldnt be to bad.Marshall has been a proven elite receiver along the likes of fitzgerald and andre johnson. Getting a elite reciever for a unproven player is always the safest bet.I think we could still adress the ol issues with the 14th and 2nd round picks bryan bulaga could possibly still b there trent williams and a few other good lineman.And with our new zone blocking scheme i think that will help greatly to give hasslebeck more time to throw.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
Denver is working hard to get marshall out of denver becuase he is scared for his life.The whole darrent williams deal has got gang members possibly trying to kill him.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Marshall will be in Seattle tomorrow, and a trade is likely imminent. However, it will be a TRADE - not a tender offer giving them our pick at #6. No way is Marshall worth that pick.

Reaction score
D Hawk;45694 said:
Marshall will be in Seattle tomorrow, and a trade is likely imminent. However, it will be a TRADE - not a tender offer giving them our pick at #6. No way is Marshall worth that pick.
The guys on ESPN's NFL Live are saying he is worth it, but I really don't think he is at all. Probably not even the 14th. I'd say a 2nd and Branch is a fair trade. If they want the 4th round pick as well, throw it in.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
ByeMarshall;45671 said:
And why would Denver agree to that? If Seattle signs that tender Denver gets the 6th pick.

If Seattle really wants Marshall why would Denver deal with them? What does Denver gain? Its the first day of free agency why would they jump for something lesser than the tender. Lets be clear Seattle has no advantage in this Denver holds all the cards. They could offer Marshall as much money as they want if Denver wants that 6th pick they just wait for a week to go by and they get it.

Seattle has more leverage than Denver here. Marshall wants out and won't be in Denver after next season. Most teams won't touch Marshall because of the attitude. Seattle is willing to because Bates has the history with Brandon and thinks it will be a good meshing. There isn't a team out there that will give up a top 15 pick for him, and Denver knows Seattle won't give up the pick at 6. So - Denver will need to negotiate to get something for him instead of a futile season in 2010.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd rather draft Dez Bryant at 6. OK - maybe not, but no way do we give up our #6. #40 and Branch or 2nd and 4th and we send Branch to NE for a 4th Rd pick. Since NE is out of the Boldin auction they need to get Brady a WR. He wants Branch back.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i think hes worth it 2009 Denver Broncos 15 101 1,120 11.1 74.7 75T 10 11 4 56 0 2008 Denver Broncos 15 104 1,265 12.2 84.3 47 6 16 1 65 3 2007 Denver Broncos 16 102 1,325 13.0 82.8 68T 7 13 3 70 3not many people in nfl HISTORY have had 3 straight seasons that good and with burleson gone and housh and carlson our only legitamate targets he can really spread the field open.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
we should try and give branch and our 4th or something along those lines for New Englands first

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45700 said:
i think hes worth it 2009 Denver Broncos 15 101 1,120 11.1 74.7 75T 10 11 4 56 0 2008 Denver Broncos 15 104 1,265 12.2 84.3 47 6 16 1 65 3 2007 Denver Broncos 16 102 1,325 13.0 82.8 68T 7 13 3 70 3not many people in nfl HISTORY have had 3 straight seasons that good and with burleson gone and housh and carlson our only legitamate targets he can really spread the field open.
A lot of people say Marshall is up there with guys like Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. He just needs to mature more.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45702 said:
we should try and give branch and our 4th or something along those lines for New Englands first
Branch is worth at most a 4th round pick. Two 4th round picks will only get you a 3rd. ;)

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45673 said:
personally i think giving up our 6th pick wouldnt be to bad.Marshall has been a proven elite receiver along the likes of fitzgerald and andre johnson. Getting a elite reciever for a unproven player is always the safest bet.I think we could still adress the ol issues with the 14th and 2nd round picks bryan bulaga could possibly still b there trent williams and a few other good lineman.And with our new zone blocking scheme i think that will help greatly to give hasslebeck more time to throw.

Ugh... we simply can't give up on the talent that should be there at 6. Plus - Bulaga and Williams won't be LTs in the NFL, at least not next year. Trent may eventually grow into LT, but not immidiately, and Bulaga has OG written all over his short sleeves. And we don't need to draft 2 high O Lineman. Get Okung or Brown, and then hope to get Tony Washington in the 5th round.

Top Bottom