• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports Brandon Marshal to Hawks

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Yep, I'm on board and would pull the trigger even if it meant the 6th. Just like #One said, he's proven, proven, proven! No other way to look at it! And besides, the last I read stated our FO doesn't wanna give up the 6th pick and that is why this will take time. I definitely see this happening, it will take time, but it will happen and Seahawk fans just got a legitimate, proven reason to be happy about.

Can't wait for the draft though!

misfit

Huddler
Reaction score
YES to Trading for Marshal. NO to giving our #6 or #14. If we can make a trade with Denver for our 2nd round pick and one of our other 2010 picks and /or a player it would be great. If we have to spend one of our first round picks to get a deal done, we sadly need to walk away. We have more pressing needs for them.
We need the #6 for Okung or Bulaga hopefully. If they are gone in the first 5 picks Williams or Campbell may be high enough on our list to draft but I fear they will not last to 14 so any way I figure it, a decent Left O Tackle is going to cost #6. Brown MAY be there at 14 but I don't see him as a legit long term NFL Left Tackle.

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont think they will give up either 1st rd pick. What did AZ get for Boldin, a 3rd and 4th? I can see 2nd and 3rd, or maybe a package with Branch.

I want Okung, but K.C will prob take him at 5, so unless we can move up and swap with Washington, i think we are stuck at 6 with no one player we really covet, so we draft for need (NEVER WORKS), or we take the best player available....I think we take Berry at 6.

If Clausen is available at 14, dont be surprised. Carrol went hard after him for USC!

Reaction score
Walddo;45772 said:
Yep, I'm on board and would pull the trigger even if it meant the 6th. Just like #One said, he's proven, proven, proven! No other way to look at it! And besides, the last I read stated our FO doesn't wanna give up the 6th pick and that is why this will take time. I definitely see this happening, it will take time, but it will happen and Seahawk fans just got a legitimate, proven reason to be happy about.

Can't wait for the draft though!

Ruskell..... you are fired

yeah he is proven on and OFF the field
his rapsheet is 5 pages long lets NOT FORGET THAT
4th rounder and Branch done deal.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45781 said:
Ruskell..... you are fired

yeah he is proven on and OFF the field
his rapsheet is 5 pages long lets NOT FORGET THAT
4th rounder and Branch done deal.
2nd and Branch, done deal. Boldin was traded for a 3rd and 4th plus the Cardinals sent a 5th along with him. Boldin is a good WR, but not great. Marshall is up there with Fitz and Andre Johnson.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Dude. He said "The Seahawks' interest in Marshall might be fleeting,", keyword their MIGHT. He's just speculating and in no way is he stating the Seahawks have actually SAID they are losing interest. We just have to see what happens.

Reaction score
Adam Schefter is saying that the Broncos won't take anything less than a first round pick for Marshall. The Bengals are supposedly interested in him as well, but Schefter thinks it's a way to put pressure on the Seahawks to get the deal done and to show there is a market for him.

Right now it's hard to say if we should give up the 6th or 14th. If we trade the 14th we could trade the 6th to another team that has a pick between 10-15 and get a 3rd round pick off of them as well as their 1st round pick.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45804 said:
Adam Schefter is saying that the Broncos won't take anything less than a first round pick for Marshall. The Bengals are supposedly interested in him as well, but Schefter thinks it's a way to put pressure on the Seahawks to get the deal done and to show there is a market for him.

Right now it's hard to say if we should give up the 6th or 14th. If we trade the 14th we could trade the 6th to another team that has a pick between 10-15 and get a 3rd round pick off of them as well as their 1st round pick.

I just have such a problem with them giving up their 6th overall pick. I get that he is an established top 5 receiver, but the fact of the matter is that getting a top 5 WR at this point isnt going to make us a winning team. I would love to get him for our 14th but I think this is such a good year to have 2 first round picks. I guess I am just stuck on the idea of Eric Berry dropping to us at 6 or even from what I have been seeing lately Mccoy. Either one of them would completely change this defense for many years to come. I love the idea of Marshall in a Hawks uniform...but at the expense of missing out on one of those players....I dont like it that much. With the 14th pick it is gonna be a hit or miss (not saying that Berry or Mccoy are guaranteed, but I see too much of a future in both) and Marshall is byy far better than anyone we could get at that spot. To me having Marshall would be a luxury.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;45806 said:
I just have such a problem with them giving up their 6th overall pick. I get that he is an established top 5 receiver, but the fact of the matter is that getting a top 5 WR at this point isnt going to make us a winning team. I would love to get him for our 14th but I think this is such a good year to have 2 first round picks. I guess I am just stuck on the idea of Eric Berry dropping to us at 6 or even from what I have been seeing lately Mccoy. Either one of them would completely change this defense for many years to come. I love the idea of Marshall in a Hawks uniform...but at the expense of missing out on one of those players....I dont like it that much. With the 14th pick it is gonna be a hit or miss (not saying that Berry or Mccoy are guaranteed, but I see too much of a future in both) and Marshall is byy far better than anyone we could get at that spot. To me having Marshall would be a luxury.

You're damn right about Berry or McCoy being possible premier Defensive players. Berry is downright phenomenal, if we can get him at 6 we HAVE to take it.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45804 said:

I'd rather trade the 14th, my gut just says we'll get either Okung or Berry at 6, I mean who knows, but either way I like the 6 better then 14, I think spiller's gone by 14 anyways.

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
At #6 who is worth top 10 money that maybe still available? looking at the board Eric Berry or Russel Okung might be there. Bradford(Rams) and Clausen(Skins) gone, Suh(lions) and McCoy(Bucs) gone.
Marshall would be our #6 and is proven and worth top 10 $$$$. We can get an OT at #14 and in round 2 we could pick up a RB/DT/FS.
There are alot of options the Hawks can go either way I feel they will do whats best for the club and to help turn it around.
Plus take Marshall then Trade Branch for a 3rd or 4th that will help. just a thought. I just like the fact of maybe having a true #1 WR.

hydroboy40

Huddler
Reaction score
How about this "deal"-we swap our 6th pick for denvers 1st round pick(#11?) so now we have the 11th and 14th to get some linemen-if we need to sweeten the pot, we could flip 2nd round picks with them too

Reaction score
hydroboy40;45817 said:
How about this "deal"-we swap our 6th pick for denvers 1st round pick(#11?) so now we have the 11th and 14th to get some linemen-if we need to sweeten the pot, we could flip 2nd round picks with them too
Trade our 6th for their 11th and throw in our 2nd round pick. Not sure if they would take it though.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
CHawks4life29;45816 said:
At #6 who is worth top 10 money that maybe still available? looking at the board Eric Berry or Russel Okung might be there. Bradford(Rams) and Clausen(Skins) gone, Suh(lions) and McCoy(Bucs) gone.
Marshall would be our #6 and is proven and worth top 10 $$$$. We can get an OT at #14 and in round 2 we could pick up a RB/DT/FS.
There are alot of options the Hawks can go either way I feel they will do whats best for the club and to help turn it around.
Plus take Marshall then Trade Branch for a 3rd or 4th that will help. just a thought. I just like the fact of maybe having a true #1 WR.
I get what youre saying about Marshall being proven. My problem is that with the 6th pick...Berry, Mccoy, or Okung may drop to us. Any of those players are instant impact players in positions that we DESPERATELY need. I would have a legitimate #1 receiver like Marshall too...but I think getting whoever we get with our 6th pick is more important will provide us with an impact player in a spot where we have a huge hole. Im not sure if what im saying is making sense because its hard to type how i am thinking. Dont get me wrong, i would LOVE for Marshall to be in Seattle and be that dominant WR for our future. But i dont think we can afford to pass on the player that will be there at 6 when they will fill a much desired hole.

hydroboy40

Huddler
Reaction score
I didnt say give them our 2nd round pick-i said SWAP 2nd round picks-this would give the hawks the 11,14,and 45th picks and Denver would have the 6th and 40th picks-this would move them up 5 places in the 1st round and 5 places in the second round. With the 11 and 14th in the first we could draft 2 OL's (tackle and the guard, lupati) or a Ol and DL-the 45th pick should still find a quality player-another DL or secondary position. The projections that we would/should take a QB with the 6th pick is a waste, maybe the hawks think McCoy or Tebow would be worth a gamble at 40 or 45 if they are available. I dont care if Jesus C. is playin QB for the hawks, without a line he wouldnt be able to get passes downfield or run the ball effectively either.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
when i said mccoy i sure hope you didnt think i meant colt mccoy. i wouldnt be happy if they took him even in the 2nd round

Reaction score
phaZe;45789 said:
2nd and Branch, done deal. Boldin was traded for a 3rd and 4th plus the Cardinals sent a 5th along with him. Boldin is a good WR, but not great. Marshall is up there with Fitz and Andre Johnson.

Sorry guys but the broncos are not stupid enough to take branch..... he is just a crappier older version of Eddie royal. they dont need two short ass dudes.

Reaction score
no
Marshell and his off field problems are a HUGE problem. Build the line now so a young QB can play a long career here. I'm even against Spiller at the 14. I'd go OL with both right now. Or a DL guy with one of those if the guy we need is there.

Top Bottom