• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports Brandon Marshal to Hawks

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Hearing Cinni is in the running too, if not just to up the ante.

Denver is reported to not be interested in a trade, they want the #1 rounder.

Denver wont take less so why should we offer it?

Marshall is awesome on the field, makes you drool at the possibilities. But he is a 50/50 off the field. As proven time and time again, more $$ only increases the likelyhood more issues. See wags rapsheet post. Its not pretty.

I think we are a real pickle with now with needing WR... but our top priorities still are:

OL
RB
Pass Rush
S
WR (now)
QB

Broncosfreak

Huddler
Reaction score
Okay, I have to throw in my 2 cents here after following your discussions the past few days. And I thought you guys might appreciate a bronco's fan perspective on this whole thing.

Brandon Marshall has had his fair share of off the field issues, but nothing really too recent. To be honest, he hasn't really had many issues off the field recently. He had one big trial with a crazy ex-girlfriend...but he really didn't do anything wrong. She is just a crazy girl from his past that tried to get money from him. The only thing that bothered me recently was how he behaved last summer in practice, that led to a team induced suspension. Since then, he has shaped up his attitude after asking to be mentored by Rod Smith.

All that aside, what Marshall did for the Broncos this year is something you can't put a price tag on. You take him out of the equation, we win maybe 2 games this year. He was that good for us. Even with a terrible QB, no running game, and a spotty O-line (outside of Clady, we had bad play this year.) He is only in his fourth year. He broke the single game catch record this year against the Colts, and tied it last year against the chargers. Considering he was really the only guy we targeted this year, that's crazy...because every defensive coverage was rolled to his side. We didn't throw to anyone else.

That being said, if we lose Marshall, we are screwed. A number 14 pick would be terrible for Denver. We lose our only offensive weapon that was successful last season. If someone were to tell me that my #6 pick were to break the single season catch record, catch 100 balls in three consecutive seasons, and dominate game-in and game-out, I would be stoked. You aren't likely to get that kind of production out of any draft pick. The draft is such a crapshoot. You don't know if Eric Berry will be that good in the NFL. There is no proven player in the draft...period. I would pull the trigger if I were Seattle on the 6th pick. And even as a Broncos fan, I would still feel sick to my stomach because what he does for us on the field is more than what we'd get in return for the 6th pick. Personally, I hope nothing happens because Marshall is too good. But if something does happen, I believe we'd be ripped off if it was the 6th for Marshall.

How would you feel if your 6th overall pick does this?
NOTE: I can't post links b/c I'm a new member, so search, "Brandon Marshall Highlights, Brandon Marshall catch Giants, and Brandon Marshall Colts. Youtube

Reaction score
OK we give you the six and we get screwed because now we have a all nothing WR that might get 45 catches and 600 yrds and what 5 TD'd because our 3rd string QB is in behind one of the worst OLines we have ever seen. Yeah makes sense. Nice try used car salesman

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks for the post bronco,

It all weighs into the equation, and it is a very important and critical desicion for the seahawks.

I dont doubt his ability to be totally dominate in a game, and the difference between W & L's in closer games.

I think the stunt he pulled in trainning camp gives me the most pause.
And that one stunt makes me debate if this guy is worth all that is at stake in this deal.

Broncosfreak

Huddler
Reaction score
lol, my voice isn't going to make a difference in what happens. Again, I hope that nothing happens and we stick with Marshall. I think we get screwed even for the 6th overall pick. All I'm saying is that there is no good reason for Denver to deal for anything less than your 6th overall...it doesn't make sense. Brandon will get more production for you than anyone you have. Our O-line stinks (outside of Clady) and our QB stinks, but if you get him the ball, he'll make things happen. You don't need a good QB or a good line if you have Brandon...that was proved last year.

Broncosfreak

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;45838 said:
Thanks for the post bronco,

It all weighs into the equation, and it is a very important and critical desicion for the seahawks.

I dont doubt his ability to be totally dominate in a game, and the difference between W & L's in closer games.

I think the stunt he pulled in trainning camp gives me the most pause.
And that one stunt makes me debate if this guy is worth all that is at stake in this deal.

Yea, I'm with you. That was horrible. He never did anything like that until Cutler was traded, but I don't see that happening again, it didn't help him at all. But it's a legitimate concern

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45837 said:
OK we give you the six and we get screwed because now we have a all nothing WR that might get 45 catches and 600 yrds and what 5 TD'd because our 3rd string QB is in behind one of the worst OLines we have ever seen. Yeah makes sense. Nice try used car salesman
3rd String QB? You just love to bash your "favorite" team, don't you? :roll:

By the way, the O-Line isn't that bad, Hasselbeck is still a top QB and Marshall will put up big numbers wherever he goes. Being negative all the time is pointless.

Reaction score
No I want a good team. The OLine isn't as good as you think. Yes we will see a 3rd string QB this year with this OLine if they are stupid and stand pat. Marshall is also a LAZY practice guy. You want that on the team?! Hass is a avg passer now he is nowhere near a top QB. When you cannot trust your back side protector he will again get the happy feet force the ball throw. Marshall will not put up 15 TD and 1200 yrds with this offense.

Reaction score
phaZe;45841 said:
3rd String QB? You just love to bash your "favorite" team, don't you? :roll:

By the way, the O-Line isn't that bad, Hasselbeck is still a top QB and Marshall will put up big numbers wherever he goes. Being negative all the time is pointless.

why not? I want winners and I want youth also. Ruskell let the team get old and destroyed the O to piss off Holmgren.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
burleson is gone to detroit, branch and housh and kids like obamano is all we have, but it's better than d-jack and company that took us to the super bowl.

I say rb and offensive line help, defensive line studs.

Reaction score
Obuwhatshisname
is horrible and runs lazy routes THAT is what is holding him back. The kid from Penn State is just a brain fart. He makes the same mistakes EVERY week. Matt reamed him a few times on the sidelines using the use your head signal....

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45848 said:
Obuwhatshisname
is horrible and runs lazy routes THAT is what is holding him back. The kid from Penn State is just a brain fart. He makes the same mistakes EVERY week. Matt reamed him a few times on the sidelines using the use your head signal....
Is there anyone on the Seahawks that you do like?

Broncosfreak

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45843 said:
No I want a good team. The OLine isn't as good as you think. Yes we will see a 3rd string QB this year with this OLine if they are stupid and stand pat. Marshall is also a LAZY practice guy. You want that on the team?! Hass is a avg passer now he is nowhere near a top QB. When you cannot trust your back side protector he will again get the happy feet force the ball throw. Marshall will not put up 15 TD and 1200 yrds with this offense.

Marshall, Dawkins, and Bailey are probably the guys with the best work ethic when it comes to practice. He made a stink in the summer, but since that, he stayed after practice working with Orton just about every day...

We (Denver fans) said the same thing when we got Orton, we were proved wrong

Reaction score
Broncosfreak;45851 said:
Marshall, Dawkins, and Bailey are probably the guys with the best work ethic when it comes to practice. He made a stink in the summer, but since that, he stayed after practice working with Orton just about every day...

We (Denver fans) said the same thing when we got Orton, we were proved wrong
Orton wasn't a great QB before he came to Denver so it's really not a good comparison. When we got Housh a lot of the fans probably didn't think he would do well, but he did. Even though the offense was horrible he almost put up 100 receptions and 1,000 yards. Burleson was on track for a similar season, but missed some games. A guy like Marshall should easily be able to get over 100 receptions and 1,000 yards.

Housh at slot and Marshall at flanker sounds good to me.

themanualbuzzer

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm so torn on this issue. First, I want to respond that Marshall has had issues VERY recently. Wasn't it him that was suspended the final game of the season where the Broncos lost to the Chiefs and missed the playoffs? I seem to remember teammates calling for him to be punished, although I don't know if the issue was ever discussed.

That said, I'm not sure if I have a problem with Seattle giving up their number 6 pick for him based on his talent. For what you end up paying a guy in the top 10 for the chance that he'll live up to his contract is bordering on crazy. But there are plenty of guys that I would love to see land in Seattle at #6, so like I said -- I'm very torn.

We know he is near the talent level of guys like Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald -- if he had the character to match I would say it would be a no brainer.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Screw BM and the broncos deal! weve all thought about this alot, and I have come full circle; I dont care how good he is. If he was clean teamate, and no off the field issues then It would be alot easier desicion. But that is far from the case.

Even then it wouldnt be a dead lock because our need is not at WR!!!
Even without Burelson, how many WR do you ever see go top 10??

Of course the Broncos are saying, yeah hes a good teamate, hard worker, whatever., THEY WANT OUR #6! They are biased completely!

Take a OL, take a Berry, take a bradford at #6, or DT if we get lucky but not BM.
However risky this is, Brandon Marshall is more, and will cost alot more $$$!

Reaction score
phaZe;45850 said:
Is there anyone on the Seahawks that you do like?

Hawthorne
Herring
Mare
Ryan
Schmitt
Hasselbeck

Any olineman that decides to get stronger and meaner (have not seen any yet)

I won't put my cousin on there since he never gets a chance to show what he can do.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
how can u not love forsett he runs hard every down, always goes all out, makes big plays, hits holes good

Top Bottom