• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: Seahawks @ Giants - 10/9: Week 5 (WIN 36 - 25)

Reaction score
I really like Morrah.. He's one of the fastest TEs in the league. I think the line improving without Gallery is a coincidence. Maxwell is a pretty freakish athlete and a good special teams player, I'd like to see him get some time on defense. Maybe at safety. I like Butler, it seemed like he was starting to figure it out last year. Baldwin is basically the same player though and he already has it figured out... Butler is probably faster though.

Reaction score
Butler is faster, but it seems like Baldwin is leaps and bounds ahead of him... He's the second best WR on this team. Runs $$ routes and catches everything thrown his way.

Speaking of young CBs playing, Sherman held his own for a rookie. He got beat a couple times, but did pretty good over all. Even on the crazy tip by Chancellor-catch by Cruz TD, Sherman was right there in the mix, but just gave up cause he thought it was dead after Chancellor tipped it. Kam needs to pick that pass... that would be 3 picks for him.. Not bad for a SS.

I do not think the line improving without Gallery is a coincidence. Could be, but I don't think it is. Hes a smart guy, but I think hes getting older and slower. McQuisten (sp?) seems to be doing a decent job at LG. Again, I could be wrong, but Gallery wasn't impressive when he played. He got a lot of penalties and looked weak in both run and pass plays.

This is so weird, but judging by the last 3 weeks, this is such a different team than I thought we were going to have. They have been competetive, defense has been playing pretty good and the offense finally found their forte.... run a Ducks style no huddle offense ALL GAME!!! After the first drive, I felt like no matter what happens we were in this game.... I haven't felt this way since the 2007 team. I like this feeling.. hopefully I am not wrong. We could potentially win the next 2 games. Especially the Bengals game, at home vs. a rookie QB. Also, the game against Dallas seems winnable, we have been a solid 2nd half team, and Tony Homo has been a solid INT throwing machine in the 2nd half ; )

I am excited... still, very weird feeling. Everything I thought I knew is wrong....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think the line is better without Gallery because Gallery never played a regular season game with us healthy. If he was healthy, it would be a different story I think.

Reaction score
I'd say Baldwin is behind Rice and Williams still. T-jack still doesn't really get how to throw to Williams which is the main reason he hasn't been productive. Baldwin just gets how to run routes and get open, he's a slightly less explosive version of what we were hoping Tate and Butler could, and still can possibly, be.

And I agree, its really weird.. We held our own against the 9ers and look how they're playing.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i thought thurmond looked good, i think he'll end up being our best coverage corner. healthy trufant and thurmond with the safeties could be a good secondary, i still think our LB core looks week on coverage, especially zone coverage

Reaction score
Yeah, TEs seem to make big plays against us. You'd have to figure the majority of that lies on the LBs.

Also fuck ESPN, that Cruz catch is getting waaaay too much praise... The ball was tipped, that was a relatively easy catch since it just floated down. That Bowe catch was ridiculous.

Reaction score
And I agree, its really weird.. We held our own against the 9ers and look how they're playing.

It's crazy to think we're a couple unfortunate returns and a missed FG away from being 4-1. But the biggest thing is that we've been competitive the last 3 games.

Disagree on Mike being better than Baldwin. Mike has size and long arms, but he isn't as talented as Baldwin. Production speaks for itself. Plus Mike can never stay healthy.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Gallery in the line up was not the weak link, they have improved w/or w/o him and there is no direct connection to him being in or out. i think he only adds continuity, attitude, and size to the line. There is no part of me that thinks you put him back in and the line play drops. Cable brought him in for a reason, if he beats out the other gaurd then he will start, and I also the injury was effecting his play.

I really was excited about the DB unit before the season, and they have not disapointed. They are young, fast, and big, and if you compare them to the old gaurd you see why, today you have: Tru, ET, Cam, Thurmond, Bowner, Bigby, Sherman, Maxwell, Jerrod, Lewis, Cox

Verses (2009): Grant, Babs, Josh Wilson, Kelly Jennings, Russell, Pinkard, Floyd, and some other names you wouldnt remember.

Hands down a way more dangerous unit.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Ok fellas - if I could make that bet and get a new tat for each win, we'd go 19-0 with a superbowl title and I'd have no more room for tats!! So here's the deal - I don't want to go with just a generic tat or just the logo. I want something unique and am working on a few different designs. Once I get it locked in and done, I will definitely post a pic after it heals up. If I can, I'll post pics of the designs and maybe I'll have you guys give me some feedback and help me choose. And no, I don't regret my post - the Hawks are my team. Always have been, always will be. Why not make it official??

Top Bottom