• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offensive Line

Better or Worse for the upcoming season?

• Total voters
OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
94: You have probably seen quite a lot in those eight years I imagine. No harm done. You're pretty cool.
Thanks for the re-invite to the site.

S

Seattlehawk94

94: You have probably seen quite a lot in those eight years I imagine. No harm done. You're pretty cool.
Thanks for the re-invite to the site.

No worries holmes....Only thing I've seen is my posts go up and my social life go down..hahahahaha

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
are we talking about the o-line here? what the fuck is with that expensive draft pick from last year? okung was it? he is a walking workmens comp claim and we havent seen shit out of him yet! and it dont look like we will this year either, is it possible to find a offensive lineman that isnt a pussy!.....

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
@Mark: I'm as frustrated with the Okung situation as you are. I remember Holmgren talking about the next great d-lineman & first round draft pick, Lamar King (paraphase) "When rookies hold out, then they get thrown in so that they can get up to speed, and then they get injured and don't play." That's exactly what happened to Lamar King, & then Okung's agent played the same stupid game with similar results. Worse yet, Okung's second season begins with a lock out.

I got it from good authority that the NFL started in 2005 (inside joke). This might be the most talented young bunch of o-lineman we've seen here since that 2005-2006 super bowl season. However, three ankle injuries to one rookie LT over the span of one year looks very circumspect to me, especialy when it never occured during his college career. I'm starting to wonder if leaving Okung to rehab (find another agent), and preparing somebody else to start at the position wouldn't be the best thing for the upcoming season. There's only three preseason games left; which could prove vital to such a young group.

Idahawk

Reaction score
So Okung is faking injury, forging MRIs and collecting his paychecks as part of some master plan ?

Please people he may have jelly legs but he's not pulling a fast one .

S

Seattlehawk94

HAHA....I'm liking ya Doug, ANYONE who can get in a Lamar Queen reference is money in my book...Still remember DRAFT DAY 1999 and hearing "Lamar Queen, Suckanaw Junior Community Centre/College, and Beauty School"---and screaming "WHAT THE FUCK? HOLMGREN AND SCHUMUR!" at the TV and thinking "must be the fact that there is nothing to do in Green Bay so they (Holmgren and Schumur) went to JC and CC games for fun on Saturdays and saw this clown light it up"....

Needless to say when he came into the league he proved my first thought right....

On Oh-Klunk was the same way.....Kinda thinking my first thought about him is going to be right....Injuries might cause a "guy who does well WHEN HE'S IN THERE" to become what happpens to guys who even while playing light it up (Steve Emtman, Curtis Ennis, probably Stafford)...A Bust....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
On Oh-Klunk was the same way.....Kinda thinking my first thought about him is going to be right....Injuries might cause a "guy who does well WHEN HE'S IN THERE" to become what happpens to guys who even while playing light it up (Steve Emtman, Curtis Ennis, probably Stafford)...A Bust....

I'm curious how you thought this about Okung when he had never missed a game from his freshman year through his senior year in college? 47 straight games started.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Nobody said that Okung is faking the injury, nor would he have been drafted so high if he had missed games to ankle sprains during his collegiate career. He most likely got some very bad advice from his agent at the beginning of his initial draft-contract negotiations with the Seahawks.

You gotta ask yourself just why did he hold out and not go through training camp in his first year? Did he evade the rookie process & the two-a-days? He did. Did Okung's agent tell him that he wouldn't be hazed if he wasn't there? Very likely. Did Okung & his agent get anything significant monetarily for the holdout in the end game? Nope! The Seahawks?

Did the Seahawks get screwed?
Lamar King?
Russell Okung?
I don't need to be kicked in my ass more than once befor I get it. Kick me three times in thirteen months...Why not give a big fat contract to any part-time player that signs with the same agent? Who was Okung's agent in college?

mark

Huddler
Reaction score
hey justdoug sometimes its hard for me to sugar coat anything okung is just flat out disappointing to me, its a critical position and i am afraid we got another lemon. you guys obviously know more about his history than i BUT DAMMIT WE DRAFTED A BIG BASTARD TO PROTECT OUR QUARTERBACK AND IT AINT HAPPENING! there i feel better now:rolleyes:

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Mark: You're on point. Glad you spoke up about the LT situation. This is really going out on a limb, but I think Polumbus will play better than Carpenter for the near future. Just a guess really.

Number 18: I don't know the actual answer, but Holmgren did point out holdouts equate injuries, and that's good enough for me. How many first round picks have three ankle injuries in such a short time? Okung is the first I've heard of.

Seattlehawk 94: "Beauty School," that's hillarious! Oh my god, and he's probably laughing at us too!!

S

Seattlehawk94

I'm curious how you thought this about Okung when he had never missed a game from his freshman year through his senior year in college? 47 straight games started.

Wanted Spiller....We were basically SUPPOSED to take Spiller according to everyone in the know and took O-Klunk...Nothing about injuries more "WTF DID WE TAKE HIM FOR?" I know we need an OL but I've always been a Big Ten+Two guy when it comes to drafting OL....

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
If Polumbus ends up being better than Carpenter, than Carpenter is REALLY going to suck.
Carpenter will have his troubles in the beginning. Polumbus isn't as gifted, but he has some salt to him.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
So what should happen next? I've heard on radio that the offensive line has probably missed close to one thousand snaps in this offseason due to the lock out, but so has every other team & our Seahawks look to be the worst. Gallery & Moffitt I can live with. Unger looks a year removed, or out of step with the (cough) new offensive system (cough) again. I've never seen a first round OT step in and do as poor a job as Carpenter has done, and Okung can't be relied on to play either. Draft OT's in the first round of 2012 & 2013, then get a QB in 2014? Oh wait we will need a CB by that time.

Early thoughts include: One, watch the waiver wire. Two, promote somebody else. Three, let him struggle & learn. Four, tank this entire season. Five, ditch the zone blocking scheme & start blocking defensive linemen instead of air. Six, trade Kelley Jennings for a road cone, and start the road cone. Seven, Jennings is gone now so start a D-lineman instead.

Any other ideas or information?

Idahawk

Reaction score
We had chances to get some veterans and passed , I feel as if were just rolling with what you see come hell or high water . PC needs to quit being everyones buddy and playing pranks and put a winner on the field.

Reaction score
Dude... What's with you hating on PC so much? He took a team no one expected anything from to a division title in his first season. 2 bad preseason games and he's not doing his job right? The short preseason has taken its toll on our offfensive line, its obvious. Its probably the reason Okung got hurt.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Eight, run the Counter Trap that the Steelers used during the 70's & 80's. That's the old trick of the RB stepping one way, while an o-lineman lets a man through on the opposite side of the line, then the RB cuts back and runs through that same hole that was just created on that opposite side by the over penetration. We can call it the Carpenter Trap!

...or the Moffitt Trap, Unger Trap, Gallery Trap, Okung Trap, Polumbus Trap, or my favorite the Entire Line Trap. Carroll can continue to play rap music during practices, and we can call it C-Rap, or just Crap for short. We can't run, but our passing offense sure can hide. That ought to keep defenses guessing. HaHa, we look to be screwed!

Help us Knox Kenobi, you're our only hope.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Dude... What's with you hating on PC so much? He took a team no one expected anything from to a division title in his first season. 2 bad preseason games and he's not doing his job right? The short preseason has taken its toll on our offfensive line, its obvious. Its probably the reason Okung got hurt.

And what does anyone expect us to do this year ?

a 7-9- back into to the playoffs season is nothing to be proud of but it will better then 3-4 wins.

Hey maybe now that Ashton Kutcher is going to Two and a Half men , PC can take over Punked after he gets fired.

Reaction score
With Matt gone I don't think the expectations for this team can be any higher that about 5 or 6 wins... I Highly doubt Pete gets fired, for one we're paying him a lot and two he's done a pretty good job so far. We're in the middle of a huge rebuilding process. There's almost no circumstance I can see that letting Carroll go this seasoon makes sense. I like the direction the team is heading, but usually it gets worse before it gets better with stuff like this.

Top Bottom