• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

O-line looked bad

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
I do realize three starters did not play in the game but those that did looked pathetic. They offered very little protection for the Qb's not to mention lack of good blocking for the running game. I hope the starters can stay healthy or I fear the Seahawks are in trouble. With the left side of the line and center not playing it was a mess. I wanted to see what the right side of the line looked like but it was hard to tell with the line as a unit playing so badly. O-line is one place where I was hoping to see big improvement, lets hope they play allot better when the starters return.

Reaction score
Dude Sweezy played for part of the first quarter and the rest were backups and a rookie who is still competing for a job. They had DeMarcus Ware and Terrance Knighton. Those two would give most starting oline units fits.

Reaction score
The only thing about yesterday was the lack up quality play from the second and third defensive units. Granted a couple guys signed with the time less than a week ago and 17 guys didn't dress and 15 didn't even make the trip. It was preseason game number 1. There's no reason to overreact.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Cassius Marsh though ;) I was overall pretty disappointed, not going to freak though. I did like what I saw from AJ Jefferson and Brock Coyles though. Nice to know we might have some insurance if B-Wag goes down. We need everyone on the line to get healthy before we can judge anything.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
The only thing about yesterday was the lack up quality play from the second and third defensive units. Granted a couple guys signed with the time less than a week ago and 17 guys didn't dress and 15 didn't even make the trip. It was preseason game number 1. There's no reason to overreact.

Last year's O-line wasn't very good. They won the Super Bowl in spite of their O-line, not because of it. Until some good things start happening I can understand where the concern comes from. Concern is the default until it gets better.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Our 2nd string O-line against a bitter 1st string Denver DLine was a big miss match. I did NOT like seeing RW get hit that hard in the pre-season. Our BU center Jeanpierre, Lemuel looked awful! Horrible snaps and let defenders right through him. Alvin Bailey got beat like a drum too. I though our Rookie at RT, Britt held is own okay. He gets beat we speed but holds his block well.

Cassius, Brock Coyle, and Richardson were stand outs I noticed. I like Tharold Simon's play as well, very physical.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Our 2nd string O-line against a bitter 1st string Denver DLine was a big miss match. I did NOT like seeing RW get hit that hard in the pre-season. Our BU center Jeanpierre, Lemuel looked awful! Horrible snaps and let defenders right through him. Alvin Bailey got beat like a drum too. I though our Rookie at RT, Britt held is own okay. He gets beat we speed but holds his block well.

Cassius, Brock Coyle, and Richardson were stand outs I noticed. I like Tharold Simon's play as well, very physical.
All the talk about Simon in the offseason and in camp has me pretty stoked about him. Some might think it was a boneheaded move getting thrown out of a preseason game but he was defending his teammate and it's good to see the intensity. Sky's the limit on Simon it looks like and it's worth keeping an eye on his play the rest of the way.

Top Bottom