• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offensive Line

Better or Worse for the upcoming season?

• Total voters

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
The top five projected starters have never played a single game together; Okung, Gallery, Unger, Moffitt, & Carpenter. Having never played o-line myself (too light in the ass), I don't expect great pass protection this year, but I do see a more talented group of players on the field. Will the run game be better, as I think it will be? Your thoughts please.

Reaction score
They'll be better than last season, but how much depends on how well Moffitt and Carpenter perform.

Reaction score
Def gonna be some missed assignments in the beginning, but if they can stay healthy, that shall improve. Run game should be an immediate improvement, all 5 guys upfront are maulers!

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE: You bring up the health issue & that's been a sore point for several seasons in a row now so I'll add this. I even like the depth with players such as OG Gibson who was very active at the end of last season, and OT Polumbus who played a respectable game when needed both left & right. I think Gibson is also currently penciled in as the back up center. Anyways, I can't see our team being kicked around the play ground anymore. Maulers!

Idahawk

Reaction score
You have Gallery and Cable who know what's up and the young guys will follow . Twin tight end sets and a QB with some wheels . Even with a new line I think we give up less sacks .

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Idahawk you may be correct.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Way better, though I agree with One# that there maybe some 'oh shit' moments w/ missed assignments as Defenses will test their youth with stunts and twists. I see Game #2 as being especially challenging!

One thing I think the FO considered too when selecting these beasts was durability, I think you will see more longevitiy with this particular group.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Szat, I will take those 'oh shit' mements as long as I see can view the 'Oh Shit" in the eyes of the opposing defender who is about to be pancaked (isn't instant replay great)! Durability & longevity are important, as the game is won on the field & not in the whirlpools, or in other words, it's a younger man's game to be played.

There are also a couple of TEs & a RB (or four) that will likely dictate the first year success of this o-line as a unit, but we finally have a group upfront that will get better from here on out. Cable has got to get Moffitt & Carpenter to perform in conjuction with the tight ends by the end of this month. The 49'ers & the Steelers are the first two games & on the road.

I suspect there should be a mid-year evaluation around the by-week. Then a little follow up after the season. Then the draft capital can be spent on other positions like CB! Hello!! You all must think that i'm dim witted by now...

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Twelvewins if it's Travis, Tavaris, or Tarvaris, who cares? As long as the other team doesn't know who our QB is than we have the advantage. They could actually sack him and not know it untill they read tomorrow's paper. (insert laughter here) Thanks for the ten votes to the poll question, it's 9-1 better already.

Reaction score
lol I don't know if that's an advantage, you know that old saying "if you have 2 quarterbacks you really have 0"? That definitely applies here.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Always happy to entertain Super Flipaburger people.:tup:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Sounds like Lynch has come into camp lean and mean, and forsett and leon are healthy, I think our little running game might be goooooood this year!

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
The team has never had a collection of three RBs that I like as well as these guys. In fact when the running game is on, end zone seats are my favorite place to be, as I can see the offensive & defensive line movements much better. Best when your RB is running towards you of course after a gaurd pulled from one side to the other, you have the extra blocker lay a ka-boom, and the RB hits the turbo button. Stacking the box doesn't work quit as well if your gaurds can pull effectively & your TEs create some timely difficulty for the backers. IMO Lynch will have a 1,000+ yard season at the very least.

S

Seattlehawk94

The 1997 RBs were much better than these guys....Chris Warren (every down back), Lamar Smith (power back), and Steve Broussard (scatback and change of pace guy)....That unit was a hell of alot better than what we've got now....

Hell, the 1998 RBs were better....Rickey Watters (every down), Ahman Green (every down), and Broussard (change of pace)...Add in Reggie Brown and Mack Strong and you had a great corps in those years...

Foreplay is garbage, Least Mode is OKAY not GOOD but OKAY (slow, bulky and never going to be a guy who scares teams into game planning just to stop him), and well....That's pretty much it....Leon is a KR more than anything...

Reaction score
Marshawn with a good offensive line would be scary, get him into the next level of the defense and he should be able to figth his for for at lleast 7 or 8 yards.

OP
JustDoug

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Chris Warren, Ricky Watters, & Mack Strong were studs, and added some great history to this franchise. Have to respectfully disagree with the comments on Lynch though, as a video is worth a thousand words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHk9rc4hHc
"Marshawn Lynch Beast Mode 67 yard TD against Saints" YouTube
The only other back that made runs similar to that level of greatness was Curt Warner. IMO

I'll tie the comments together by closing with what I think was the greatest moment in Seahawk history, and it's also what I'd like to see have happen again. Forty seconds into this video the narrator says, "If Seattle was to spring an upset they would have to control the combat zone on the line of scrimmage." Here's that historic video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TP3sWlvFOY
"1983 Seattle Seahawks vs. the Miami Dolphins" YouTube

Hope you enjoy it.

S

Seattlehawk94

He makes ONE great run and people think he's fucking Marion Motley...He's NOT a great RB.....He's not at all like Warner, Alexander was a Warner clone because he had jets and Shauna's 90 yard TD vs the Faiders was the greatest run in Seahawks history....

Least Mode is the NFL's Jim Leyritz one great moment and he's "a legend"...Like Leyritz, he's NOT...I like the guy but....He's not an elite RB and he's really just servicable...Why do you think Buffalo one of the worst teams in sports didn't want him? Why do you think most NFL teams gave a flying fuck when he was pretty much offered for nothing?

Again, I like the guy but...People are too big of homers in this burg....People (NOT saying ANY of you, just people I deal with all the time) seem to have no knowledge of the history of the game and what happens in other towns, it's like "The Double" (that won a Whoop dee Fucking Doo All "important" AL DIVISION SERIES) people here make it out to some "Great moment" when most other towns LAUGH that we celebrate WINNING A FIRST ROUND SERIES like it's a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP...Someone I know was claiming that was "the greatest run in NFL HISTORY", then after I told him Dorsett's 99 yard run or Barry Sanders' run when he bounced off the whole Bears defense was better, and he changed it to "greatest playoff run ever"...Uh...Marcus Allen in Superbowl XVII was the "greatest NFL playoff run ever"--he won a SUPERBOWL on that run....Great run....But....Hitting a HR to win a ALDS isn't the same as hitting a HR to clinch a World Series....

Did any of you watch LEAST MODE'S OTHER GAMES? He ran like SHIT for most of the season....He's not a guy like Ingram who we COULD have had....He's at the point where the tread is wearing off the tires fast (remember Shauna at that age?)....He's SERVICEABLE but he's not a feature back on MOST OTHER NFL TEAMS....

Top Bottom