• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

it's for the Division

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
The jury is out on Kraepernick. I never see him throw receivers open and he runs like his butt is on fire. He is only good when he has his precious receivers healthy because they do all the work getting open for him. He acts like a thug to the media. He looks like a pre pubescent teen. He wears dolphins caps in the off-season.

The conversation in Seattle is about Wilson being an MVP candidate. The conversation in San Fran is whether not Kraep can get them back to the playoffs. Keep blaming your problems on the receivers, Kraep is just not as good as you think he is. He lacks the "it" your darlings Steve Young and Joe Montana had in the huddle. He's fun to watch but he'll never amount to the Success of Russell Wilson.

Cold hard reality, think twice before coming back here 9ers fan we may have no SB but this is our time to reign, get that through your skull.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Well, I like to think of the Packers as contenders, since we beat them with Aaron Rodgers still in.

But you seem to be missing the point. (You didn't make any points BTW.) We had trouble at home twice this season, both by playoff teams, when our No. 1 and No. 2 WRs were out, and when our superstar tight end was out. (And even then, playing with scrubs, with the exception of our victory over the Packers, we dominated in all of our wins.) We are playing at 100% now.

You have demonstrated several times now that, on the road, you are simply not the same team that does so well in Seattle. You barely eek out a win against teams that we dominate. The best you can hope for this Sunday, the very best, is to lose but not be completely embarrassed. Outside of that, it's a pipe dream.

What are you talking about, we've played with both our starting receivers out for most of the year? Our starting offensive line was filled with backups almost all year long and just got healthy. Look up the stats, our starting OLine had the least combined playing experience in the NFC. Did that stop us? Hell no.

We've only lost ONE FRIGGIN GAME. How did we demonstrate your road theory? No team plays the same on the road. Are you high? You been getting your ass kicked in your own house for christs sake? Oh, but I forgot...you had injuries right? Welcome to the NFL forty whiners.

And a little FYI, wins are not measured in degrees like an SAT score. Our ONE LOSS was an away game with the Colts and we lost by less than 7 points? Does it matter that it was less than 7...not really, it's a loss. You played that same team at home and got your ass SPANKED at the stick? Sounds like you have a home field problem...or fan cheering problems. (Memo fixed that I heard) You actually think the fans make all the difference? Keep this in mind....when all that noise is going on the Seahawk defense has to play in it also. Does the defense use that as an excuse for getting torched? No, cause it doesn't happen.

Where do you come up with this road problem theories? Sportcenter? Mike and Mike? Local whiner station?

Here is your real problem.

Your defense will need to stop Wilson, Lynch, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse and company then your offense will need to overcome the onslaught of the Legion of Boom. A defense that is not made up of stars that you'd know outside of Sherman...but they are deep like the ocean. We don't miss a beat with our backups...you use them as an excuse for piss poor performance.

This is a TEAM sport....relying on a couple superstars is a weakness. ;) That's free advice.

You'll see how bad we play on the road Sunday. Then you come up with a new excuse for being crushed.

PS. Make sure they have a fresh supply of stretchers and MRI techs standing by after the legion finishes its work.

Enjoy the ass pounding...(Not that there's anything wrong with it...lol)

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
You forget we were missing 3 o-lineman for an extended period of time as well and since they've returned we're a totally different animal , unlike your niners we had depth and still won despite struggling in a few games . We have a solid and experienced rotation on both sides of the ball something the niners lack apparently since Kap is now depending on 3 guys he didn't have to save the season ???? What about that depth you were supposed to have ? lets see if your dinged up o-line can take the heat for 4 quarters , while your defense gets pounded by Beast Modes homecoming and exhausted chasing Wilson around . Pete Carroll gets the gator aid bath , Harbaugh a golden shower and Kap punched in the mouth .

Hawks 42 - Santa Clair Clown Car 16

BTW even if it went wrong , which it won't , we still have over a 90% chance of Home Field throughout , better luck next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386382383644.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386382383644.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
Beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and we can now pronounce this chat dead. I thought it might be funny not offensive.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Keep this in mind....when all that noise is going on the Seahawk defense has to play in it also. Does the defense use that as an excuse for getting torched?

Lol. I think "Come on, Man!" is appropriate for this one. Your D "has to play in it also"? They love/want the noise because it helps them. Original argument, I will give you that.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, shit. I wanted to come back here and serve up a bunch of crow, but I am afraid the game was a bit too close for that. Good game.

Near the end there, I was thinking the same thing as Buck. Out of time outs, with over a minute left (might have been close to a minute and a half), let the Niners score a TD and preserve the clock for Wilson to have chance to tie it up. Seems like it is just so against the natural flow of the game that coaches just can't bring themselves to do it. But if you had, that would have given you a better chance, IMO.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, shit. I wanted to come back here and serve up a bunch of crow, but I am afraid the game was a bit too close for that. Good game.

Near the end there, I was thinking the same thing as Buck. Out of time outs, with over a minute left (might have been close to a minute and a half), let the Niners score a TD and preserve the clock for Wilson to have chance to tie it up. Seems like it is just so against the natural flow of the game that coaches just can't bring themselves to do it. But if you had, that would have given you a better chance, IMO.

Pete Carroll calls games this way, and he always burns his time outs which aggravates the crap out of me, but I'm sure its a strategy thats over my head. Kudos to Gore for going down in bounds, and the Kapernick run for 1st down on the 10 yard line was the dagger.

Damn good game.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Pete Carroll calls games this way, and he always burns his time outs which aggravates the crap out of me, but I'm sure its a strategy thats over my head. Kudos to Gore for going down in bounds, and the Kapernick run for 1st down on the 10 yard line was the dagger.

Damn good game.

I don't PC envisioned them driving the field on us with 6:20 left ? That drive was a kill shot .

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the possibility of just letting the Niners score a TD at the end and saving a decent chunk of clock? If there is any time to do it, that would have been it.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score

Damn good game.

I thought there was no way in Hell they'd run all 6 minutes off so close to the end zone. Props to Kraep for picking up that first, I felt weary about using up the timeouts before the two minute warning. It seemed kind of desperate/over confident in our defense, I didn't expect the D to give up a run to Kraep for the first. Props to him, that's the first time hawks got to see the good Kraep although he did throw a terrible pick. I know not to show that naked pic of Kraep now. Bad luck. Round 3 goes to Kraepernick, still 2-1 Wilson though and you can still argue Wilson had the better game. Farewell until next time Smaug, we all know how the Hobbit really ends.

HAWKS SB2014

Huddler
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the possibility of just letting the Niners score a TD at the end and saving a decent chunk of clock? If there is any time to do it, that would have been it.

I think that leaves too many loose ends. You need both the td and 2pt conversion with no timeouts and let's say 1:00 left. Either way, it's tough to make big plays on the 9ers, if Wilson hadn't called that timeout earlier on 2nd and 25 maybe they have a shot. Those timeouts make me sick, odds are you're not getting the first down anyway. I wouldn't be against the td if there's 1:30 or so left. Wilson can definitely work with that.

Reaction score
I think that leaves too many loose ends. You need both the td and 2pt conversion with no timeouts and let's say 1:00 left. Either way, it's tough to make big plays on the 9ers, if Wilson hadn't called that timeout earlier on 2nd and 25 maybe they have a shot. Those timeouts make me sick, odds are you're not getting the first down anyway. I wouldn't be against the td if there's 1:30 or so left. Wilson can definitely work with that.

Why a TD and 2 pt conversion? If we had let them score, it would've been 23-17 and a TD + 1 by the Hawks wins it.

Reaction score

Good on you. You should see the 9er fans on other boards and FB... You think they'd just won the SB.

It was a good game indeed. Seemed like the refs were a but trigger happy as if almost trying to prevent a melee from breaking out. Stupid penalties both ways. Not making excuses, because I'd say the same thing even had we won, but I don't like when poor officiating effects the outcome of the game.

Hawks couldn't get out of their way. Play calling was questionable at times and Wilson also missed on a couple of throws he usually makes. The one to Baldwin up the seem where the pass was behind him sticks out the most to me. If he hit Baldwin in stride that's a TD.

Maybe we'll see you guys again in January.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

I don't think the let them score theory works here, just because if you do, now you have to score a TD, which is very hard against a top defense. Since in this case, holding them to a field goal means all we need is to get into FG range to win it, Pete played that right.

Bottom line though we let them them run on us and convert too many on that final drive, essentially killing the clock.

One last point, and this is a stretch, and totally hindsight but... on the final play where RW steps up into the pocket and throws the pick, there was nobody, i mean NO-BODY, in the middle of the field, I could see RW burning the defense and getting into FG range with his legs, just dont know if he could have clocked it quick enuff.

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
Why a TD and 2 pt conversion? If we had let them score, it would've been 23-17 and a TD + 1 by the Hawks wins it.
We would have gone for the two point conversion I would guess. Then presumably if you scored a TD, you would only go extra point and then into OT.

Top Bottom