• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game 27: Mariners @ Royals (Game 1)

How many runs do you think we will need to back Silva?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 8+

• Total voters
OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
We can take one positive.. Olson is taking over.. I really am curious to see how he will do. I really like him, I hope he doesn't let me down.

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Beltre is fucking garbage... :evil:

He is not garbage. He has been one of our biggest bats the last few years, not to mention the gold glove he brings with it. He will come around, he ALWAYS starts slow. Yes, he didn't bring the homers that we thought. But at least we get SOME production out of him, which is why I don't consider him a total failed signing. He is a double machine.

S

Seattlehawk94

He's a huge piece of garbage...Dude was paid to HIT HRs...He was paid to be a 40+HR guy and dude isn't even a 30 HR guy..

Worst....

Signing....

Ever.....

Oh well..Suckson is but close...

Reaction score
8-0 in the bottom of the 4th with 1 out and a runner on 1st...wow. The Mariners of the last few years are back. :(

Seattlehawk94 said:
He's a huge piece of garbage...Dude was paid to HIT HRs...He was paid to be a 40+HR guy and dude isn't even a 30 HR guy..

Worst....

Signing....

Ever.....

Beltre has only provided defense and you can't have a one sided guy like that. You can have a guy who sucks at defense and can bat (DH), but not the other way around.

I'm going to jump out on a limb and say that Beltre probably was on some type of performance enhancing drug when he was hitting all those homers.

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:

Worst....

Signing....

Ever.....

Are you kidding??? Worse than SILVA!?!

WORSE THAN BATISTA!?

No. He brings RBIS in, and he has saved MANY runs with his glove. So what he doesn't hit homeruns. That does not make a player garbage.

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
He's PAID to hit HRs though..

I understand that.. which is why I don't call his signing a success...

However.. You have to look at the positives you get from him. Yes, he doesn't do what he was payed to do... but he is productive, and he at least does SOMETHING. Whereas complete failures don't do anything.

Am I disappointed with Beltre? Yeah.. but he has been productive, and that is more that can be said for ALOT of the Bavasi failed signings.

Reaction score
The Mariners are pretty much screwed when it comes to pitchers right now. Silva sucked it up and now the depleted bullpen has to take over. Kelley is out for at least a month and we have had to use the bullpen a lot over the past week.

And now the bases are loaded with a 2-0 count...

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
phaZe said:
The Mariners are pretty much screwed when it comes to pitchers right now. Silva sucked it up and now the depleted bullpen has to take over. Kelley is out for at least a month and we have had to use the bullpen a lot over the past week.

And now the bases are loaded with a 2-0 count...

At least we got out of it.

Reaction score
Who do we got left? Vargas, Aardsma, Lowe, Stark, Batista and White?

Vargas, Aardsma, Lowe, Batista and White have all been used a lot and Stark gave up a grand slam in extra innings so it looks like we need a huge offensive game or the M's will lose.

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
phaZe said:
Who do we got left? Vargas, Aardsma, Lowe, Stark, Batista and White?

Vargas, Aardsma, Lowe, Batista and White have all been used a lot and Stark gave up a grand slam in extra innings so it looks like we need a huge offensive game or the M's will lose.

Yeah... bleak is the word...

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Ugly... bases loaded one out... can't do anything...
We capitalized on those situations when it was Chavez leading off and Gutierrez batting 2nd.

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:
We capitalized on those situations when it was Chavez leading off and Gutierrez batting 2nd.

Yeah... well. I think the end result would have been the same either way. The way we have been playing today. oy

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
phaZe said:
hawkfanadam said:

Yeah... well. I think the end result would have been the same either way. The way we have been playing today. oy
I read some where that we have almost identical offensive numbers at this point last year.

OP
hawkfanadam
Reaction score
Branyan was safe on that play... too bad the ump wasn't looking at the plate... awesome.

Top Bottom