• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Thursday in Hawkville

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
A recap of the day’s activities at Virginia Mason Athletic Center for Nov. 17:
FOCUS ON
The right side of the line. Or the new right side of the line, to be precise.
Today was the first practice with Breno Giacomini and Paul McQuistan working at right tackle and right guard to replace the rookie tandem of James Carpenter, who tore the ACL in his left knee during a pass-rush drill on Wednesday; and John Moffitt, who damaged two ligaments in his right knee in Sunday’s win over the Ravens.
Giacomini and McQuistan will join left tackle Russell Okung, left guard Robert Gallery and center Max Unger in this week’s game against the Rams in St. Louis as the Seahawks look to continue the upward trend that has seen them rush for 100-plus yards in back-to-back games for the first time since Weeks 6-7 last season and allow just one sack each in the games against the Cowboys in Dallas and the Ravens at CenturyLink Field.
“I felt like we were on the right path,” assistant head coach/line coach Tom Cable said after the 105-minute practice that was held in the indoor practice facility. “We were kind of heading in the right direction.”
And Cable and his remaining linemen say they won’t let losing their top two draft choices derail the progress.
“We move forward,” Cable said. “We don’t change who we’re trying to become or what we’re trying to accomplish for our offense and for our football team. We don’t back down, we just go forward.
“It’s a shame, right. (Injuries) are part of the game. But we’re going to be fine, and we’re all confident in that. I have no worries. We’re just going to move forward and continue to get better. That’s what we have to do.”
The first step will come against a Rams’ defense that is allowing a league-high average of 150.6 rushing yards and has 22 sacks, which ties them for 14th in the NFL.
PLAY WATCH
Well, player, too, because the play is the one where Marshawn Lynch juked past Ray Lewis to pick up 8 yards and a key first down on third-and-5 in the drive that allowed the Seahawks to burn the final six minutes off the clock in Sunday’s upset of the Ravens.
If you haven’t seen it, you need to. If you have, it’s definitely worth another look.
What was Lynch thinking on that play? “I don’t think. It’s just a reaction,” he said.
How would he rate the move on his all-time list? “I don’t rate it. I’m sorry,” he said. “It was a nice move. First down. Keep the chains moving. I rate it as a first down.”
Not to mention a first-rate maneuver.
IN ’N OUT
After being limited on Wednesday, Tarvaris Jackson took part in all phases of practice today. This will be his routine the rest of the season, as the coaches and the quarterback manage the pain in his throwing shoulder from the pectoral he strained in the Week 5 win over the Giants.
“I’m pretty much just taking it day by day and seeing how it feels,” Jackson said. “If it feels good, I’ll try to play as much as I can. And if it doesn’t, I’ll just take as many reps as I can and make sure I still stay ready.”
Wide receivers Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin, who got concussions in Sunday’s game, also did more today after being limited on Wednesday.
Here’s the official injury report:
Out
OT James Carpenter (knee)
Did not practice
S Atari Bigby (hamstring)
DL Anthony Hargrove (hamstring)
Full participation
WR Doug Baldwin (head)
QB Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral)
WR Sidney Rice (head)
LB David Vobora (head)
SS Kam Chancellor (head)
TE Cameron Morrah (toe/knee)
For the Rams:
Did not practice
OT Jason Smith (head)
RB Carnell Williams (calf)
Limited participation
WR Danario Alexander (hamstring)
WR Brandon Gibson (groin)
LB Josh Hull (hamstring)
LB Bryan Kehl (ankle)
CB Justin King (head)
RB Jerious Norwood (hamstring)
DE Eugene Sims (shoulder)
Full participation
OT Rodger Saffold (head)
S Darian Stewart (neck)
STAT DU JOUR
Good thing the Seahawks’ Thursday night game this season is in two weeks and not tonight. And it goes beyond having less time to prepare McQuistan and Giacomini to replace the injured duo of Moffitt and Carpenter on the right side of the offensive line.
It’s that Nov. 17 has not been kind to the Seahawks in the past, and that’s putting it kindly. They are 0-6 in games played on this date. Here’s a look at those games:
Year Outcome, opponent
1980 L, 19-17, vs. Raiders
1985 L, 20-13, vs. Patriots
1991 L, 31-7, at Raiders
1996 L, 17-16, at Lions
2002 L, 31-9, vs. Broncos
2010 L, 41-7, vs. Giants
UP NEXT
One more full practice on Friday morning before the team leaves after a Saturday walk-through for its 27-hour stay in St. Louis for Sunday’s game.
YOU DON’T SAY
“It’s never happened to me in my career. In 25 years, I’ve never lost a guy in a pass-pro drill. So it’s new for me, too.” – Cable when asked about the rarity of the situation in which Carpenter was injured

b.gif
973Auch0j54

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom