• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

espn's first mock (with us in it anyways)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
A good QB will be there at #25 and we should take him, if not this year then when? That would be drafting for future need, unless an absolute stud (on schnieders board) plumetts to #25.

That maybe OL, CB, DT, IMO.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Mallett will suck mark my words save this post if you must. He throws interceptions at the worst time and is so big and unmobile he'll get killed.

I wished the Seahawks two years ago took Raji or Sanchez instead we took Curry who isn't an impact OLB given he only had four career sacks in college.

I know some on here think Sanchez is a bum but he is the only QB in NFL history with four career road playoff wins. He has really only had one true bad playoff game as well.

S

Seattlehawk94

Dirty Sanchez is garbage....New Yawk media hype...Nothing more, nothing less...

He's Trent Dilfer Part: II....Doesn't play well, but wins because he's got a great defense....

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah i don't think sanchez is very good. They have first rd draft picks at all their skill positions. He is a product of a good team

Reaction score
I agree with K dawg, I don't think Mallet will be very good in this league.

I would consider taking Ponder if he's still there at 25, I don't think any of the other QBs are worthy of it.

If the Hawks resign Matt, which I hope they do, they'll be able to draft a project QB in the later rounds. There will be plenty.

I think CB if a stud is still available, OL (one of those big white boys to play on the right side), LB (please please please replace Brandon Roy.. errr Lofa Tatupu) and DL, WR, HB (just some fresh legs for the backfield).

NO LOCKER, NO MALLETT, NO NEWTON, and ESPECIALLY NOOOOOO KAEPERNICK (sp?)... is that guy even a QB?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Some of you will ride Matt Hasselbeck to the grave. We totally have to sign him but you gotta take a shot on one of these QB's:

Locker, Mallet, Stanzi, Gabbert, Kaepernick

Ponder is a 3-4 round rating right now, he is a kyle orton at best.

Get a guy who chuck the ball alittle, Mallet, Locker, have superb throwing motion, just need to work on their mental game.

Alot ppl bashed Sam Bradford last year because they wanted to CYA, but boy were they wrong.

S

Seattlehawk94

Not riding Hasselbeck to the grave....We do need a QB of the future...But Jakemarcus ain't him.....

People here are saying "Mallett sucks!" then two sentences later calling for Jakemarcus....Mallett has pro potential and has shown flashes...The only flashes Jakemarcus has shown is the he could be the next Scott Frost or Josh OverHypele....He's an glorified option QB with no command of playbooks....Yeah, that's "potential"....People around here (Seattle) hype him up to no end because he played for the Fuskies...If he went to ANY OTHER college people would be saying the same things if not worse that they say about Mallett..

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
I like mallet alot.. There is always a couple of players that surprise you.. I think he will be one of them.. look at aaron rodgers stats at CAL and even though he was a first rd draft pick.. They didn't know he would develop into what he is.. I hope Mallet is that dude.. But i also wanna stud CB.. we'll see

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I honestly think if the right guy doesn't fall to us at 25, we may trade out of the 1st round completely and pick up another 2nd and a 3rd. It would make sense for a team at the top of the 2nd (Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, Titans) to trade up and grab a QB like Locker if they didn't draft a QB with their first pick.

As far as the comment about Ponder...he WILL be there at 25 and would be the worst possible pick for us there. He had a good Senior Bowl week, so what. He is a 3rd or 4th round pick that doesn't have a very high ceiling. What you see is what you get with him, he isn't going to get much better.

S

Seattlehawk94

I don't think the Jills are going QB, they really think they've found something good in Fitzpatrick....Personally, I think so too....Guy was the only real bright spot on that team...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54905 said:
I don't think the Jills are going QB, they really think they've found something good in Fitzpatrick....Personally, I think so too....Guy was the only real bright spot on that team...
Ya he did have a good season, who knows what the Bills do though they are pretty unpredictable. There are other teams that pick at the top of the second that may do that. Just a thought, I wouldn't be opposed to it at all unless there was an absolute stud that was a must have still there at 25. This is a pretty deep draft, 2nd and 3rd round picks will be pretty valuable just like most years.

S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, really depends on the flow of the draft (like any year), don't really see that many trades this draft just because it's a pretty average draft in that there are no "superstars" really in this one pretty much Pick #10-the end of Round 3 you are going to be getting the same player talentwise...Seems deep, but again...No real "superstar" names jump out at you...

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54905 said:

Uh.. What about Stevie Johnson?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
tonos253;54906 said:
you would rather have locker than mallet?

No, not from what what ive seen, Mallet over Locker.
Im concerned about Mallets personallity tho, he is very cock sure and a little brash, got in little trouble, oh well, but on the flip side, I also think he has street smarts, a savy player, is a leader, and there is no doubt he can throw the ball, and put a team on his shoulders. He played in a competative division and rose to the challenge.

But I would take either at #25.

Seems like this years draft is deep at DT/OL/QB

But not as deep at CB/RB/WR

Just my initial impression.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;54919 said:
No, not from what what ive seen, Mallet over Locker.
Im concerned about Mallets personallity tho, he is very cock sure and a little brash, got in little trouble, oh well, but on the flip side, I also think he has street smarts, a savy player, is a leader, and there is no doubt he can throw the ball, and put a team on his shoulders. He played in a competative division and rose to the challenge.

But I would take either at #25.

Seems like this years draft is deep at DT/OL/QB

But not as deep at CB/RB/WR

Just my initial impression.
From what I have been reading, there is more to Mallet than just getting into a little trouble. It is surfacing that he is a coke head. Im hearing he is almost certain to drop out of the first round and may slide all the way to round 3. He is drawing a lot of comparisson to both Ryan Leaf and Jimmy Clausen.

Reaction score
I haven't seen Mallet play. I have not heard anything overly positive about him from any of the analyst. I haven't seen Ponder play outside of the senior bowl, but from what I saw he was better than the other guys by a land side. He seemed the most NFL ready out of all of them. But I guess some people on here are pros at evaluating talent by writting ponder off and acting like Locker is the next coming of Christ. Or better yet you Kapernick fans. If you think Kapernick is better than Ponder than I want what you're smoking. And if he's there at 3-4th round then even better. Address the more dire needs and then pick up a project guy in those rounds.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;54921 said:
I haven't seen Mallet play. I have not heard anything overly positive about him from any of the analyst. I haven't seen Ponder play outside of the senior bowl, but from what I saw he was better than the other guys by a land side. He seemed the most NFL ready out of all of them. But I guess some people on here are pros at evaluating talent by writting ponder off and acting like Locker is the next coming of Christ. Or better yet you Kapernick fans. If you think Kapernick is better than Ponder than I want what you're smoking. And if he's there at 3-4th round then even better. Address the more dire needs and then pick up a project guy in those rounds.
I wasn't bashing Ponder in any way and haven't said we should draft Locker. I agree that out of all of the QB's in this years draft, he may be the most NFL ready right now. That doesn't mean he should be the first QB off the board. He has hit his potential as a QB, he has a low ceiling. He makes good decisions and has an accurate arm, but IMO will never be a franchise QB he will be a game manager. That type of player isn't someone you draft in the first round. Guys like Locker and Kappernick have much higher ceilings and physical ability that makes them attractive to teams. Does it mean they will hit their potential...no. If Ponder is there in the 4th, good snatch him up he will be a solid player just like Kyle Orton or Chad Pennington. But to waste a 1st round pick on a player that isn't going to be a franchise QB just isn't smart. If he turns out to be a franchise QB I will eat my words I have no shame in that.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Mallett is 6'6" with a rocket arm, great mechanics and a good understanding of how to play the game. His accuracy is about average, maybe slightly above average but he does still struggle occasionally with intermediate routes and he does try to force passes into small windows sometimes though. The biggest knock on him is that he's a statue, he'll never be confused for Vick but he does throw well on the run.

Top Bottom