• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dropped passes or bad throws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Saw this same article. I didn't blame the WRs. I thought they should've caught the passes, but also that the passes could've been better thrown.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Good article, I think he's defending the WR's a little bit...
There was a blantant drop I remember by Baldwin on a comeback, thought it was in the first half.

I want to point out too, the 2nd or 3rd play at the end of the game, there was a double out where RW locked in on Sidney, but the under neath out route, Charlie Martin, had a good step or two on his man... easy touchdown.

RW certianly could have thrown those better, but if we are just talking WR/QB, I would call it 60/45% on fault.
At least RW gave us a chance to win on most of the snaps.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh! and one more thing while Im rippin the WR's, and I got a pissed off a couple of times durring the game, when I saw, some WR's would quit on there routes, and then realize "oh shit" the play is not over!
They better get used to RW extending the play, and to expect the ball to come there way at any time, and if RW rolls out he is very capable, with great accuracy to throw anywhere on the field including across his body.

Reaction score
I will say that Wilson was maybe trusting the WRs too much to come down with crazy catches. He was throwing the ball where only they had a chance to get it, but he was trusting them to make a crazy catch instead of trusting himself to make the throw.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, I think he was clutching, serious adrenline rush too. Everyone in my living room was pacing around, on pins and needles during that last series. I dont know how they can do it.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
I think both the WR and QB will be a little more calm in Sunday's game against Dallas.. With all the hype from preseason, i think we were just a little to confident and need to get back to basic's and play to win..

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Forget where I read this, so I will apollogize now. Hawks coaching staff had the following plan(s):
First, 4-4-1 which was four practices for T.Jack, four practices for M.Flynn, and one for Wilson.
Second, 3-3-1 which was three for TJ, three for MF, and one for Wilson the rising star.
Then decisions were made:
Third, T.Jack traded (!!!!)
Fourth, Portis got one opportunity in camp & was very lackluster in performance.
Fifth, Flynn got okung elbow.
And now we have:
A very hard time trying to figure out where we will get seven wins again.
Beast mode worth two, defense worth two, special teams maybe one.
But check out those roller derby uniforms! Bring on those cowgirls!!!

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
...So long as the team can afford to lose three starting receivers each week, then the passing was PC terrific.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
I love listening to Hugh Millen give his EXPERT opinion on Russell Wilson.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Jerry Brewer brought up a good point. A lot of people are using the fact that Russell faced a lot of pressure as an excuse for his performance. That's the point of the defense, to bring pressure. It affected his ability to make the right decision. There is an optimistic assumption that Russell will get better at reading the defenses, and start making the right decisions. I'm going to give the EXPERIENCED defensive coordinators and defenses the edge. He's going to be facing a steep learning curve.

Mitch "Are we dropping games for the sake of developing a young QB"? It's a legit questions

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Jerry Brewer brought up a good point. A lot of people are using the fact that Russell faced a lot of pressure as an excuse for his performance. That's the point of the defense, to bring pressure. It affected his ability to make the right decision. There is an optimistic assumption that Russell will get better at reading the defenses, and start making the right decisions. I'm going to give the EXPERIENCED defensive coordinators and defenses the edge. He's going to be facing a steep learning curve.

Mitch "Are we dropping games for the sake of developing a young QB"? It's a legit questions

The game plan last week was putting way too much expectation on Rdub's abilities. I think this week it will be alot more run based. Lynch's will be as good as the oline will allow. They have been working on communication this week. Hopefully it helps.

Idahawk

Reaction score

Mitch " Are we completely freaking out way to early without even giving the player a chance ? Its a fact !

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score

"He's going to be facing a steep learning curve."
Not if he takes up playing something that he's suited for, like miniature golf. The kid shows he can cradle a ball, maybe he could be a tee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom