• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OFFICIAL 2011 NFL draft discussion/reaction thread

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
So, assuming we sign no big-name free agents and start the season with the current roster and draft picks. How many wins?

7? 6? 2?

I don't see us losing to the lambs or cards at home. We can probably beat the whiners too. Is that it? Because 3 wins is too many to get Luck next year. 3-13 is the worst I can imagine.... is that bad enough? Just curious what you guys think.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
If we don't sign ANYONE? So we're assuming Matt, Mebane, and all of our other FAs walk and Whitehurst is our starting QB? Uh yeah probably like 2 or 3 wins.

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Hawks to go over .500 this season. If they end up with only 2 or 3 wins, so be it, but I'm not going to head into the season hoping they do bad just to get Andrew Luck.

Reaction score
I just got the worst Deja vu, did everyone forget about Locker? I swear if we pulled up our conversations from last year there would be the same talk about sucking enough to pick Locker. Well we all know how that turned out.

All im saying is lets wait and see how our team does this year, then we can talk about drafting a QB next year.

I bet Luck has a Locker type year and by the draft next year he probably wont be the number one QB. Might not even be top 5.

Also what are you talking about Ida?

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
No, I think we allassumed we'd be worse than we were last year and some people hoped Locker would suck and fall to us...

Look at Sam Bradford, he did the same thing Locker did, even worse because he got hurt and still went #1. I'd put Luck more in Bradford's class than Locker's.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Hawks to go over .500 this season. If they end up with only 2 or 3 wins, so be it, but I'm not going to head into the season hoping they do bad just to get Andrew Luck.

I agree with this, and while I hope we go 19-0, realistically it will probably be over achieving if we go 7-9 again. Our scedule is absolutely brutal.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I've never been 100% sold on Locker, and I wasn't on Bradford either. But from everything I've seen Luck looks to be the real deal. I have a hard time seeing us have a bad enough season where we could land him though. I mean I can't see us winning more than about 7 games at this point, but I ca'tn really see us winning less than about 3 or 4 either. Then again no one saw us winning the division last year. Plus that's really far away, and this is going to be far from an ordinary season so predicting this is near impossible.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well we have to get some free agents don't we , can't start the season with one QB . They said they had a plan going into the draft and I still believe that . I think we pay Hass and sign lienart . I think the Kolb sweepstakes will prove to costly for the team that wants him .

Also Luck lost his coach and seven starters so , well see how good he and everyone else thinks he is , meanwhile Kellen Moore is the top rated QB according to the sporting news .

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
In college maybe, I have a hard time seeing him transition to the NFL as much as I like him.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think you'll be surprised at how well he plays in the pros , just because were forced to believe that any good QB has to be 6.5 doesn't make it a fact . Moore has put up the yardage the passer rating the completion percentages and the Tds to rival any QB in the last 3 drafts .

Enderly from Idaho that the bears drafted , that kids was decent too . I wish the hawks would look at some local guys more then they do !

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
His stats are inflated playing in the WAC. His arm strength isn't great and he's a lefty. I'm sure he'll be a servicable back up. I don't know if he'lll ever be more than that.

Idahawk

Reaction score
His stats are inflated playing in the WAC. His arm strength isn't great and he's a lefty. I'm sure he'll be a servicable back up. I don't know if he'lll ever be more than that.
When the day comes , you will eat shit. And I'll be there to make sure you eat your words!!

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I like Moore, and Boise state for that matter. I just have a hard time seeing him as a starter in the NFL... I know he's your boy and I'm not bashing on him. I just have my doubts.

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe, these linemen we drafted will all pan out and we can actually run the ball, then we don't need a superstar QB, can control the clock, and let the defense rest a little. Brandon Browner lives up to expectations, we can give Marcus some help on his side and maybe get a few wins. I know it's a longshot, but if all this shit works out we could maybe win some games. I'm not willing to hope for a tanked season to get a QB in the draft next year.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe just maybe, these linemen we drafted will all pan out and we can actually run the ball, then we don't need a superstar QB, can control the clock, and let the defense rest a little. Brandon Browner lives up to expectations, we can give Marcus some help on his side and maybe get a few wins. I know it's a longshot, but if all this shit works out we could maybe win some games. I'm not willing to hope for a tanked season to get a QB in the draft next year.

It had always been the idea that we should run the ball, play good defense and special teams, be loud, and win most of our home games. Being in CA, I get little to no local stuff so feeling pretty down on the draft. I obviously hope the ESPN is wrong, AGAIN, but it's tough right now. Especially with no free agency.

Ugh....

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
So, assuming we sign no big-name free agents and start the season with the current roster and draft picks. How many wins?
you guys think.

I wont even participate in a conversation about 'how many wins', but this is pete and john here, there will be trades, we will sign back some of our good players from last year, we will get 2 or more QB's to compete in camp. As soon as that opening bell sounds for FA, hold on to your hats boyz, things will get exciting around Renton, Wa. again.

Top Bottom