• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mock Draft

Reaction score
I decided to make my own mock draft:

1. Indianapolis Colts- QB, Andrew Luck, Standford

Best QB prospect in years. Its hard to see a scenario where Luck doesn't go here.

2. Washington Redskins- QB, Robert Griffin III, Baylor

The reason Washington is here is for this guy. Washington might have the most speed on offense in the league, so why not draft the fastest QB?

3. Minnesota Vikings- OT, Matt Kalil, USC

Pretty sure thing here, athletic tackle. Adrian Peterson should love running behind this dude.

4. Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

Cleveland needs players at the skill positions, its hard to go wrong with Blackmon or Richardson. I just feel this class is deep enough at wide receiver that its hard to justify passing on Richardson here.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CB, Morris Claiborne, LSU

I think Tampa can go best player here. They could go Blackmon here, but with the signing of Jackson that seems unlikely.

6. St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

I hate the thought of this guy in the division. He's got that "it" factor. He didn't post a blazing 40 time. He's not all that big, although he certainly isn't small, he players faster and bigger than he is though. Now that the Rams seem to have some competent people in charge I'm afraid they won't be a doormat for much longer.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame

Maybe a bit of a reach, I wouldn't be surprised if they traded down a little. Maybe Philadelphia looks to trade up for Kuechley.

8. Miami Dolphins- QB, Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

I personally wouldn't take Tannehill until the 2nd round. I just think he goes here.

9. Carolina Panthers- DE, Quinton Coples, North Carolina

Versatile player, they could probably use a DT like Fletcher Cox but I feel that's a big reach at this point. They could also be a candidate to trade down.

10. Buffalo Bills- OT, Riley Reiff, Iowa

I could see Floyd here if he falls this far. The Bills have put a lot of money into their defense (specifically Mario Williams) so strengthening that O-line makes sense here.

11. Kansas City Chiefs- OG, David Decastro, Stanford

The could take Kuechley with this pick. Romeo Crennel is going to put an emphasis on defense and the running game and Decastro is a monster in the run blocker.

12. Seattle Seahawks- LB, Luke Kuechley, Boston College

I'm sure Carrol and Schnider will try hard to trade down here. But if they're unable to get a deal they like, I think they take the best player available who in this scenario is Kuechley imo.

13. Arizona Cardinals- DE/OLB, Melvin Ingram, South Carolina

Another candidate to trade down. They could also reach for Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams here.

14. Dallas Cowboys- DE/DT, Michael Brockers, LSU

3-4 DE or Safety are needs. Mark Barron is possible here, but I feel that's a bit of a reach. they have other needs they can address here.

15. Philadelphia Eagles- S, Mark Barron, Alabama

I can see Philly moving up or down here unless it looks like a player like Kuechley or Coples will fall to them. They need a safety and an outside linebacker. I don't feel any of the available players at those positions should go here, but if they address one of those needs here I think they take Barron.

16. New York Jets- Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama

I know I just said there weren't any good OLBs, but in Philadelphia (a 4-3 defense) Upshaw would be a defensive end. The Jets run a 3-4 and that's perfect for Upshaw to step in and contribute as an outside linebacker.

17. Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

Pretty good value pick, top 10 talent. But he has some off field problems, so he should fit right in in that locker room ;) lol.

18. San Diego Chargers- Whitney Mercilus, OLB/DE, Illinois

second year in a row the Chargers take a player for their defensive front out of the University of Illinois (last year DE, Corey Liuget) and both have awesome names. Liguet (pronounced lee-git) and now Mercilus.

19. Chicago Bears- WR, Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina

There are varying opinions out there. After Floyd its kind of a toss up between Stephen Hill (Georgia Tech), Kendall Wright (Baylor), and Alshon Jeffery. I feel Jeffery was victim of bad QB play and would have been right up with Floyd if he had a better QB.

20. Tennessee Titans- DT, Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State

There are some good players here for the Titans. I think they go with the best player that addresses a need for them.

21. Cincinnati Bengals- RB, David Wilson, Virginia Tech

The Bengals look at Nick Perry, Stephen Hill, Kendal Wright and Harrison Smith here, but decide to go with a back that can compliment Cedric Benson.

22. Cleveland Browns- WR, Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech

With Hill and Richardson they may look to draft a guy like Weeden in the 2nd round to compete with Mccoy. Should be a vastly improved offense in 2012.

23. Detroit Lions- CB, Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina

Good value here for Detroit at a position of need.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- OT/OG, Cordy Glenn, Georgia

Mendenhall will be out a large chunk of the season and Haley has stated he wants to run the ball more. The Steelers need to bolster that line to be effective.

25. Denver Broncos- Dontari Poe, DT, Memphis

Big, powerful force inside. Should help out Dumerville and Miller be more productive on the outside.

26. Houston Texans- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

Wright stays in the state of Texas and joins an already elite offense.

27. New England Patriots- CB, Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama,

Not sure I need to explain this one. That secondary is a joke... Minus Pat Chung.

28. Green Bay Packers- DE/OLB, Nick Perry, US

I think The Packers have had luck drafting pass rushers out of USC before....

29. Baltimore Ravens- C, Peter Konz, Wisconsin

Matt Birk is 36 and the loss of Ben Grubbs hurts a lot. Konz's team mate Kevin Zeitler is also a possibility here.

30. San Fransisco 49ers- OG, Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin

the signing of Jacobs indicates to me the 9ers aren't going to be handing over the offense to Alex Smith by any means. They continue to supplement the running game.

31. New England Patriots- S, Harrison Smith, Notre Dame

The Pats could go with a a guy like Andre Branch here, but that secondary needs more help.

32. new York Giants- MLB, Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

Someone may trade back and take him earlier than this (rumors is Seahawks like him a lot). But the Giants can't pass on him here.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Uh... I'm not sure I know enough about the guys still on the board. I could try though.

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
round one pick 12 Luke Kucheley
round two Andre Branch or Nick Perry
round 3 Chris Polk
round 4 Tony bergstrom

Top Bottom