• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OFFICIAL 2011 NFL draft discussion/reaction thread

Reaction score
Jason La Canfora is saying Seattle is the best fit and favorite for Kevin Kolb. Dolphins are also in play to trade for him.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
NO!! We have a brutal schedule coming up, re-sign Matt and take a QB next year... Hopefully Luck.

Reaction score
NO!! We have a brutal schedule coming up, re-sign Matt and take a QB next year... Hopefully Luck.
Lombardi and La Canfora are saying Hasselbeck isn't coming back. Seattle offered him a contract and he declined it.

I don't think Hasselbeck and the Seahawks are done negotiating, but La Canfora and Lombardi have pretty good sources.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I'm sure he realizes this is the best place for him and the front office realizes he's the best option for us until we get our future QB.

Reaction score
Hasselbeck would take a pay cut to stay in Seattle so if he declined the offer he received before the lockout, the Seahawks must be low-balling him. Or Lombardi and La Canfora have their information wrong and Hasselbeck just wanted more years or a little bit more money and the lockout forced them to stop negotiating.

Reaction score
Outside of the first two guys, seems like we got a bunch of guys that would normally be undrafted free agents...

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
No the LB we got in the 4th was projected as an early to mid 3rd. 5-7 you're trusting your scouts and taking flyers on guys that might be "diaamonds in the rough" hopefully at least one of these DBs fits that description.

cutshot989

Huddler
Reaction score
I love Seattle's draft. I love they took two tough, hard nosed offensive linemen. Let the pundits bad-mouth the results of Seattle's draft. If Mel Kiper and the rest of them are so good at analyzing talent ---- how come they are not working for an NFL team? They could make huge bucks if they were all that good. Nope they are TV talking heads. So lets sit back and judge the draft on results. Pete Carroll, John Schneider and staff have their jobs on the line and I think better motivated than a talking head.

Seattle's last two drafts have concentrated on the OL. Exactly where it needs to be - when a OL can open holes most average running backs can pick up good yardage and Seattle has three damned good RBs so a tough OL is going to transform punky running game into something to be feared around the league. Ram it down their throat with a steady diet of Marshawn Lynch, Leon Washington and Justin Forsett and watch out!

I also love picking up a guy like Kris Durham. A big, fast Steve Largent? As the running game forces defenses to tighten up, Durham can make some big plays especially in the Red Zone. Mike Williams, Golden Tate, and Kris Durham can make the Receiving Corp very good.

Then the Hawks went out and got some extra defensive backs - this time these guys have some size. I can only applaud Pete, John and the staff.

I do not know if Matt Hasselbeck will be back but I am not all that concerned about Charlie Whitehurst. I was impressed with Whitehurst's effort again the Rams in the final game. He can manage to game just fine. With a solid A running game and talented receivers, Whitehurst will surprise. If Matt comes back, so much the better. Begining with Cam Newton I wasn't all that impressed by this year's QBs. I like Jake Locker and hope he does well but I am kind of glad he isn't going to be a Seahawk. The talking heads seemed to love Andy Dalton ... I'd rather trust the hands and head of Charlie Whitehurst.

All and all I am jazzed about the Seahawk draft ... but of course time will be the final judge.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Were building thru the draft , which is the way it needs to be for long term success . With all the teams in the division getting some good players , it looks to be an exciting season upcoming .

A nice corner in FA would be good !

Idahawk

Reaction score
We addressed the two areas that most of us all felt we had to have OL and DB . No way to know how any player will translate to the pro game , until he plays .

Reaction score
I like the OL picks and hope that at least one of the DBs will pan out as a solid starter, but like I said outside of the first two picks the rest are huge ????.... but then again that is what you get in the 4-7 rounds anyway, right?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Its nice to hear a more positive prospective.

The only concern I have now is for the DL and QB positions. With only Charlie on the roster, I assume the plan is get a FA and and possible a UDFA? Maybe Matt, or Kolb, or McNabb, or are we gonna go to the wood heap for 2 QB's to play behind Charlie?

But even a bigger concern in my mind is the DL positions. With Mebane, Brock, FA's and Bryant with the injury last year, I think we are alittle thin at both on the inside and DE positions. I like to see Dexter step up this year, and I think Clemons and Cole will be starters but lets go get someone like....... ?

Reaction score
I just thought about it, I wont mind Thurmond and Trufant as our starting corners. I just hope Tru can play at a high level for an entire season

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
That's different, a shutdown corner on that big of a field, in a league that makes the NFL look like a running league SHOULD translate over better than a D lineman,

Top Bottom