• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

with the 5th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the seattle seahawks select

Reaction score
branch and Mebane are fine at 4-3 DTs. Red at DE seems like it would make more sense in a 3-4, but it sure does help against the run. But you're right, none of out LBs are great pass rushers... We need a Julian Peterson type guy.

Malcolm Smith is undersized but a HELL of an athlete, he ran a 4.47 at his pro day... Maybe he can become a situational pass rusher for us. He had a sack last week.

Reaction score
On Smith - we all know how "athletic" linebacker doesn't always translate into "good" NFL linebacker (see Aaron Curry).

But regardless, that sack was legit cause he's like a foot shorter than Flacco, but took him down with ease!

Reaction score
Smith is a 7th rounder, so at least we know he's going to have some learning to do and there's no expectations around him.

Reaction score
Oh I know.... I was just saying how a good 40 time for a LB is not always telling. Mostly I just needed to nit pick at something you posted. Bbeen too long lol

Top Bottom