• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

with the 5th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the seattle seahawks select

Reaction score
I'm just assuming the Colts will get that pick. If it looks like Manning will be healthy it would be very smart of the Colts to trade it away. They need to address almost every position on their team, they need as many picks as they can get.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
besides QB,Pass rusher, I think its a tie for LB/CB too. Hill is older, Hawethorne is injuried, and KJ is young and unproven.
PC USC defenses always had strong LB cores, think we need to back fill with a 3r or 4th rounder.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
But what if Manning comes back, takes a hit and his neck injury recurs. That's probably it for him. Then you gave up Luck. I don't really envy their front office for the decisions they will have to make around QB...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not sure what they will do. I don't think conventional wisdom holds true when talking about guys like Manning and Luck. Manning came to a 3-13 team. Had a 3-13 season, then 13-3. So that is why I said I do not envy the decisions their front office has to make.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
manning is 35 almost 36 years old, hes got maybe 3 or 4 years left. u cant pass up on a qb like luck if your only qb will be 36 by the draft day its just not smart and i gurantee if they have that #1 pick they wont.

Reaction score
manning is 35 almost 36 years old, hes got maybe 3 or 4 years left. u cant pass up on a qb like luck if your only qb will be 36 by the draft day its just not smart and i gurantee if they have that #1 pick they wont.

Conventional wisdom tends to agree with you, but as 18 said "I don't think conventional wisdom holds true when talking about guys like Manning and Luck." When you have a surefire hall of famer, who has played his entire career for your franchise, its hard to let those guys go. I've heard multiple experts say "If the Colts think manning will be healthy there is ZERO chance they let him go."

Reaction score
Rodgers needed grooming though, Luck is ready to start right now and Favre didn't sign a massive contract just a year before that.

Reaction score
Rodgers needed grooming though, Luck is ready to start right now and Favre didn't sign a massive contract just a year before that.

Yeah, Luck is ready to go NOW... as long as he doesn't play against College level defenses, he'll be fine... come on Bob, pull your head out of the "Luck Bandwagon Ass".

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
On that team? No defense, no offensive line, no running game? Smart move is to hold off on getting a young QB.

If the Colts brass think this is true, then they could trade out of #1. And I tend to agree with you that this is the case. My bet is they trade and give Manning his final shot, while building young around him.

Reaction score
I bet the Colts will trade down and pick up a lot of draft picks. The teams that want Luck will give up a lot to get him and the Colts could use those extra draft picks.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
1st: QB Matt Barkley USC
2nd: CB Cliff Harris Oregon
3rd: RB Chris Polk UW
4th: G Ryan Miller Colorado
5th: DE Loius Nzegwu Wisonsin
7th: DT Christian Tupou USC

My dream draft. Let Lynch go even though he's doing well lately, he's inconsisitent. We address every need with my draft. 3 big playmakers in the first 3 rounds, can't argue with that. CB needs to be fixed just as badly as QB, we've been ignoring it much too long.

Reaction score
Pete wont draft Cliff. He's too small (160 lbs) and all his off field issues will drop him below the 2nd. Browner and Sherman are playing pretty good imo.

Reaction score
CB isn't a huge issue right now. Pass rush is the issue, the system is kind of messed up... We're relying solely on Clemons for our pass rush until we get into passing situations when we bring in Brock.

Reaction score
It's because they are running a 4-3 with 3-4 down linemen in Red, Branch and Bane. So on 1st and 2nd you know the pressure is coming from 91. They need a ROLB/DE that can also drop back into coverage. Need at least a couple capable LB. That way you could line up a couple LB/DEs and the offense doesn't know which one rushes.... I know that doesn't really sound like it makes sense but you know what i mean lol

Top Bottom