• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

with the 5th pick in the 2012 NFL draft the seattle seahawks select

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
Matt Barkley- Quarterback University of southern California.

OP
osprey3263

osprey3263

Huddler
Reaction score
if Coach Carroll and GM John Schneider have to trade up to get Matt Barkley they will!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
And I would be okay with that, its time.

What are ppl's thoughts on Matt part II?

Reaction score
Bob, it's very possible that they pick that high... they would've picked 8th overall last year if it wasn't for the playoffs. They're 2-6 and I don't see very many W's on the horizon. I say 4 or 5 wins max.

Reaction score
If we're going to trade up, I say go all the way to 1 and get Luck... Assuming the Colts are there, they should be willing to deal it.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
I can see the Hawks picking that high. They'll be lucky to win 4 all season the way they're playing. I agree with bob - if we're going to take a QB, might as well make the move and get the best available. I'm not sold on Barkley.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Depending on what Mannings future health status is, Colts will be willing to listen to offers.
But there will be many teams willing to wheel and deal for luck, I could see him costing 3 1st round picks.

Reaction score
Unless it turns out Manning is done come draft day, they should be willing to deal that pick because they have A LOT of issues.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Maybe the Colts deal Manning and keep Luck ? Manning has had 3 neck surgeries in 16-18 months and only has a few years left in the tank and that's barring another injury. The colts could get some heavy picks for a guy like Manning and they need to rebuild that entire team . Also there is talk of Luck pulling an Elway, if he thinks he going to go sit behind a manning for 3-4 years he may not want that . Also Luck is from Texas and I see the Cowboys dumping Romo and they could make a huge power play in the draft and trade up .

Miami would take Barkley or Jones

Cards and Rams would pass on a QB

So if we sit at 5-6 that leaves Barkley, Jones or Griffin from Baylor at QB or even the WR Blackmon or
RB Trent Richardson with Lynch becoming a free agent.

Is going to be fun to watch play out

Reaction score
It seems unlikely that they would deal Manning. They can get more for the first pick, and if they want a QB they could still be in position to take Jones and groom him under Manning if they traded down.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
a good pass rusher could be a good first pick, and then maybe take a qb with early 2nd rounder or trade up for another first round pick and take a qb there

Reaction score
A pass rusher and a QB are the only glaring needs I see. We could use a CB, we could afford to upgrade at RB, but outside of that we just need to add depth specifically on the O-line and D-line.

Reaction score
QB is the most glaring need.... it must be addressed first!! I do not want to see Pete try and take a "hidden gem" in the later rounds and groom him up. We do not have that luxury! Draft Barkley or Luck.... then worry about everything else.

END OF DISCUSSION..................

Idahawk

Reaction score
Lots of season left and still chances of injuries or other things changing up the draft , hell we could go on a winning streak and really screw ourselves LOL

Reaction score
Eh, that's a lot harder to speculate on... I say go more for BPA than need in the 2nd. Hell, we may not have a 2nd round pick if we trade it to get Luck. (I'm really hoping that happens if you couldn't tell)

Top Bottom